Senior Veteran
Mar 23, 2005
Prizren, Kosova
✟10,831.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Does anyone know where I could get an icon of Jesus the True Vine that's different from the one in my avatar, and somewhat inexpensive? My father really likes all the Tree of Life pictures, and icons as well, and I wanted to get him one for his birthday in a couple of weeks. All the versions I've seen online have embossed silver, making them somewhat out of my pricerange.

Other than my avatar, think along these lines:

Christ2.jpg

:help:

Michael G

Abe Frohmann
Feb 22, 2004
Six-burgh, Pa
Visit site
✟95,591.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I am writing an icon based on the True Vine, called the "Life Bearing Tree" which has the cross at the center and branches forming from the cross with oen of twelve different ranks of saints forming at the end of each branch. I will post a scan of it on here when I am done with it. However, it won't be done for a few more months, so that won't help you.

Upvote 0

Llauralin

Senior Veteran
Mar 23, 2005
Prizren, Kosova
✟10,831.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Andreas said:
The top link is different than your avatar. :)
I like that! Thanks!

michael the iconographer said:
I am writing an icon based on the True Vine, called the "Life Bearing Tree" which has the cross at the center and branches forming from the cross with oen of twelve different ranks of saints forming at the end of each branch. I will post a scan of it on here when I am done with it. However, it won't be done for a few more months, so that won't help you.
OH, that sounds neat... Please post a scan when it's finished; I'd love to see it!

If I buy an icon print, am I supposed to ask a priest to bless it?

Upvote 0

Michael G

Abe Frohmann
Feb 22, 2004
Six-burgh, Pa
Visit site
✟95,591.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Llauralin said:
I like that! Thanks!

OH, that sounds neat... Please post a scan when it's finished; I'd love to see it!

Prints should be blessed.

Upvote 0

Michael G

Abe Frohmann
Feb 22, 2004
Six-burgh, Pa
Visit site
✟95,591.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Llauralin said:
I like that! Thanks!

I will post a print when it is done, but it will be later this winter before it is finished.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.