Life's sorrows

JeanR

Resting in the Lord
Nov 3, 2006
✟15,934.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
My oldest daughter is bipolar and has rejected her family because she feels she is the only one mourning her dad's death. She feels that I have moved on with my life and her siblings have forgotten him. How very wrong she is!

I leave my daughter a voicemail each Tuesday asking her to call and let me know how she is. I have just received an e-mail from her asking me to stop calling her as she has nothing to say to me.

I guess I just need to get this out. My heart breaks for her, but at the same time she has hurt us so deeply. It has only been 9 months since my husband of 30 years died, how could she possibly think that I have moved on. But, I know it is the bipolar speaking; however, it still hurts.

B

BarbBlessed

I'm so sorry to read this Jean.
How hard it must be for you.
I just prayed for you, your daughter and the rest of your family - I asked the Lord to give His peace to all involved and wisdom for you as you deal with the situation.

I have a family member with similar issues, (though I know it has to be so much more hurtful when it's your daughter).

We've had to accept J's decision to "stay away" from us for now, but we've chosen to make sure he knows we're still here, loving and praying for him. We leave voicemail and send cards regularly. Whether or not J listens to them or reads them, I guess we'll never know, but it's important to us to do this.

Upvote 0

TexasSky

Senior Veteran
Mar 6, 2006
Texas
✟12,139.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Autumnleaf -
There are short cycle bipolars and there are long cycle biploars. My guess is that her daughter is in a long depressive state, which may be safer than a manic state.

JeanR -

Keep praying for her.
Give her a day or two, then send a voice mail that says, "I know you asked me not to call, but I was thinking about you and your Dad today, and I wanted to say to you that I love you both and miss you both very much."

Wait to see how she responds to that.

Upvote 0

k450ofu3k-gh-5ipe

Apr 3, 2008
✟10,458.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Keep praying for her.
Give her a day or two, then send a voice mail that says, "I know you asked me not to call, but I was thinking about you and your Dad today, and I wanted to say to you that I love you both and miss you both very much."

Wait to see how she responds to that.

Very good idea.

Upvote 0