Liberty University spurns Democratic club

SiderealExalt

Feb 25, 2007
✟3,309.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
1. Um....buddy.....hate to break it to you, but that sorta is the golden rule.

More the inverse, which is beside the point.

And I'm not your buddy.

2. I said no such thing. I said "Boohoo, get over it."

You also pulled a stat out of your butt for little reason beyond political self pity.

Upvote 0

PreachersWife2004

by his wounds we are healed
Site Supporter
May 15, 2007
Land O' 10,000 Lakes
✟84,030.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Oh please. Do a google search. The Minutemen were shouted down, Ann Coulter gets death threats and then fruit thrown at her (by mature democrat students), there are NO prominent conservatives giving commencement speeches this year. Get your left wing heads out of the sand.

The reason for this is clear. The GOP is completely discredited as a party.

Yeah, that's it.:doh:

Um, well, yeah, it is.

And the Minutemen and Ann Coulter hardly account for 99% of conservatives on college campuses. I went to one of the most liberal colleges around and I still managed to lead a fairly normal conservative, uber-Republican life there for four years. Only time I ever had an issue was actually because I was in the Air Force ROTC and a group of protestors came into our detachment to protest Desert Storm and we got stuck in our study area because we couldn't leave.

Upvote 0

Joachim

The flag is a protest for state flags
Jan 14, 2009
Bob Riley is my governor
✟10,203.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Conservatives get the shaft in 99% of colleges across the nation. Now a few democrats are told "No." Boo hoo. Get over it.

This was a university in Virginia. Most of the Democrats in this club probably were conservatives of the Blue Dog variety. You might want to rephrase your comments?

Upvote 0

Joachim

Jan 14, 2009
Bob Riley is my governor
✟10,203.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Oh please. Do a google search. The Minutemen were shouted down, Ann Coulter gets death threats and then fruit thrown at her (by mature democrat students), there are NO prominent conservatives giving commencement speeches this year. Get your left wing heads out of the sand.

First, the word you are looking for is "Democratic."

Second, I bet there are a fair number of Blue Dogs giving commencement speeches so your argument fails too.

Upvote 0

Joachim

Jan 14, 2009
Bob Riley is my governor
✟10,203.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Yeah, that's it.:doh:

The election of Bobby Bright pretty much says that you are discredited as a party. The Party of Lincoln's hopes of taking my state legislature have pretty much vanished, as all of their resources are gonna be burned up in the primary. If Barack Obama had not been a drag on the ticket, every Democrat on the statewide ballot would have won in Alabama. The Party of Lincoln's goose is cooked. The sooner they realize it the better.

Upvote 0

MichaelFJF

Nov 13, 2002
Utah
✟12,597.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
First, the word you are looking for is "Democratic."

Second, I bet there are a fair number of Blue Dogs giving commencement speeches so your argument fails too.
I wasn't looking for any word. I was describing students who are members of the democrat party.
And:
And while President Obama is pulling a hat trick at Notre Dame, Arizona State and the U.S. Naval Academy, you won't see one of that last institution's most famous graduates on stage anywhere this year.
John McCain ... Sarah Palin ... Mitt Romney ... Rudy Giuliani ... they aren't on anyone's program in 2009. Rush Limbaugh or Newt Gingrich? Persona non grata, thank you very much.
So whatever happened to conservatives?
Education watchdogs say it's nothing strange for conservatives to be shunned from the academy, and that the one-sided invitations have become a permanent fixture of the ivory tower.
Conservative Speakers Widely Shunned at Graduation Ceremonies - Presidential Politics | Political News - FOXNews.com

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ACougar

U.S. Army Retired
Feb 7, 2003
Arizona
Visit site
✟37,952.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I know.

It's going to be difficult maintaining the mantle of oppressed minority when it's clear that a liberal organization on a conservative campus is treated worse than any conservative organization on a private liberal campus.

I'd love to see the fallout if say..some sort of secular university did the same thing to religious clubs.

Upvote 0

lawtonfogle

My solace my terror, my terror my solace.
Apr 20, 2005
✟13,892.00
Faith
Christian
I wasn't looking for any word. I was describing students who are members of the democrat party.
And:
Conservative Speakers Widely Shunned at Graduation Ceremonies - Presidential Politics | Political News - FOXNews.com

There is a big difference between how a University acts, and how students of that Uni acts.

For example, my university allowed Brother Micha to street preach for one week. I think of the thousands of students, hundreds (maybe more) of whom
were Christian, less than 10 even agreed with him (his message was clearly not biblical in some areas). Thus, he was highly oppressed (numerous activities were organized by students to drown him out) by the student body, but the actions of the university was to offer him police protection.

Upvote 0

clarksided

Veteran
Sep 13, 2007
New Orleans
✟17,690.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Not inviting a conservative speaker to your university's commencement is different from banning democratic clubs all together. Now, as I said earlier, Liberty has the right to do it, but your claim that conservatives are shafted on college campuses is bogus.

My university's college republicans are easily more active than the college democrats, and the speaker at our commencement was a republican representative in congress (and those are scarce these days!).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

revanneosl

Mystically signifying since 1985
Feb 25, 2007
Northern Illniois
✟39,310.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat

No, no, no, you've made a mistake. It's not "the democrat party". It's the Democratic party. I know, it's a little thing, but you'd be amazed at how many people actually make this error deliberately in order to, I don't know, score some obscure political point.

Look here: The Democratic Party and here Democratic Party (United States) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

See? Democratic party.:wave:

Reactions: Joachim
Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
That is because there are currently no prominent conservatives who aren't tainted in one way or another ;) Regarding the minutemen....you partisanship is showing. It was the republicans who also shouted down the minutemen, with Bush leading the charge by calling them vigilantes :D Furthermore, the minuteman was not just a conservative outfit. You should do a google search of your own....

Upvote 0

MichaelFJF

Nov 13, 2002
Utah
✟12,597.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
That is because there are currently no prominent conservatives who aren't tainted in one way or another ;) Regarding the minutemen....you partisanship is showing. It was the republicans who also shouted down the minutemen, with Bush leading the charge by calling them vigilantes :D Furthermore, the minuteman was not just a conservative outfit. You should do a google search of your own....

Riiiiight:doh:And just how are McCain and Romney and Gingrich and Giuliani "tainted".......but Pelosi (CIA), Biden (footinmouth), Obama (ACORN) and Emanuel (Freddie Mac) are not? That's funny. And while Bush may not have supported the Minutemen 100%, he had nothing to do with their appearance at Columbia, a liberal college (wait, that's redundent) and I doubt there were any republicans in the group of idiot students. Nice try.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Morcova

Oct 30, 2006
✟10,470.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian
Try actually following the thought before you shoot your mouth off. You just make yourself look silly,

I did follow your thought, you thought to bring up unrelated topics and derail the thread.

Oh and... physician heal thyself.

Upvote 0

jsn112

Senior Veteran
Feb 5, 2004
✟5,679.00
Faith
Non-Denom
If they're going to do that, they'd better stop calling themselves Liberty, because they seem to stand for the exact opposite sometimes, like right now.
No, Liberty is a CHRISTIAN school first and foremost. It is not a REPUBLICAN school. As a CHRISTIAN school, it is upholding the Biblical value of what a CHRISTIAN should stand for. Democratic party does not uphold a Christian value with their support of killing millions of babies everyyear. That and along with their gay marriage agenda, etc. is not a Christian stance. If there is a Democratic party that doesn't support gay marriage or abortion, no doubt Liberty will allow to hold meetings at the campus.

Again, this is NOT a Democratic or Republican party school. It is a CHRISTIAN school. For that, I support them 100%.

Upvote 0