New Orleans
✟17,690.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The Democratic party, regrettably, has not outright supported same-sex marriage. Watch Obama shamelessly tap dance around the issue if you want proof. Civil Unions are a sham in the vein of Jim Crow and that's all the Democrats are willing to support at the moment.

Upvote 0

clarksided

Veteran
Sep 13, 2007
New Orleans
✟17,690.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Riiiiight:doh:And just how are McCain and Romney and Gingrich and Giuliani "tainted".......but Pelosi (CIA), Biden (footinmouth), Obama (ACORN) and Emanuel (Freddie Mac) are not? That's funny. And while Bush may not have supported the Minutemen 100%, he had nothing to do with their appearance at Columbia, a liberal college (wait, that's redundent) and I doubt there were any republicans in the group of idiot students. Nice try.

Obama is only significantly tainted to people who read worldnetdaily regularly.

Also, quit acting like higher education is some sort of liberal conspiracy to pollute the world's young people. 95% of my friends are super conservative, and 95% of them are well into college. Some schools are more liberal than others, but that reflects the area...Harvard is in Massachusetts, while Louisiana State is in Baton Rouge...go figure...

Upvote 0

jsn112

Senior Veteran
Feb 5, 2004
✟5,679.00
Faith
Non-Denom
The Democratic party, regrettably, has not outright supported same-sex marriage. Watch Obama shamelessly tap dance around the issue if you want proof. Civil Unions are a sham in the vein of Jim Crow and that's all the Democrats are willing to support at the moment.
It only means there's hope for the Democratic party, however miniscule that is. But I'm not holding my breath for it.

Upvote 0

jsn112

Senior Veteran
Feb 5, 2004
✟5,679.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Obama is only significantly tainted to people who read worldnetdaily regularly.

Also, quit acting like higher education is some sort of liberal conspiracy to pollute the world's young people. 95% of my friends are super conservative, and 95% of them are well into college. Some schools are more liberal than others, but that reflects the area...Harvard is in Massachusetts, while Louisiana State is in Baton Rouge...go figure...
Besides private Christian schools, what higher learning institutions have you read recently that support conservative view? I say that because I don't remember any. Conservative students have been shouted down by the their educators and classmates from high school to colleges/universities all the time.

Upvote 0

clarksided

Veteran
Sep 13, 2007
New Orleans
✟17,690.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The universities around here all seem to be more conservative in terms of the student body and professors (where political leanings would matter, anyway), but there's not any serious vitriol between the conservative and liberal students. In fact the only place that seems to be so fierce is on the internet, to be honest.

Reactions: Joachim
Upvote 0

jsn112

Senior Veteran
Feb 5, 2004
✟5,679.00
Faith
Non-Denom
The universities around here all seem to be more conservative in terms of the student body and professors (where political leanings would matter, anyway), but there's not any serious vitriol between the conservative and liberal students. In fact the only place that seems to be so fierce is on the internet, to be honest.
Don't forget the liberal biased media. That's the biggest player of all.

BTW, where is "around here?" I dare to say majority of university professors are liberal and it's not even close. I can rattle the number of them during my college days and they are not shy about their hatred. Yes, hatred. They wear their hatred for the right on their sleeves. Conservative professors? I can't even name one in my college days.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Taure

May 20, 2005
London
✟949.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't see why this is such a big deal. Universities are for clever, open minded people who believe in academic rigour. The "liberal" position is the more reasonable one. Thus, the clever people are going to believe in it because it's better.

It's no great conspiracy. It's just logic.

University faculty and students are biased against Republicanism in the same way they're biased against flat-Earth theory.

Reactions: ACougar
Upvote 0

Morcova

Oct 30, 2006
✟10,470.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian
No, Liberty is a CHRISTIAN school first and foremost. It is not a REPUBLICAN school. As a CHRISTIAN school, it is upholding the Biblical value of what a CHRISTIAN should stand for. Democratic party does not uphold a Christian value with their support of killing millions of babies everyyear.
So randomly invading countries and killing people is a christian value? Because Liberty sure seems to love the republican party.

That and along with their gay marriage agenda, etc. is not a Christian stance.
That's nice, not all democrats support gay marriage.

If there is a Democratic party that doesn't support gay marriage or abortion, no doubt Liberty will allow to hold meetings at the campus.
So now instead of fighting the arguments put forth by the club, (well the arguments you think they club would put forth anyway) they should take the cowards way out and keep the club from forming?

Again, this is NOT a Democratic or Republican party school.
Except it's a fairly political college and leans towards republicans.

It is a CHRISTIAN school. For that, I support them 100%.
Seems like most christians they've mixed their politics with their religion and chosen to side with their politics over their religion.

At Falwell's university, McCain defends war: Says disagreement must be respected. - Chicago Tribune (Chicago, IL) | Encyclopedia.com

At Falwell's university, McCain defends war: Says disagreement must be respected.

Unless of course if the disagreement comes from actual students of the university..

Then apparently they are to be shutup. (And no i'm not saying mccain believes that, I'm referring to the hypocrisy of allowing a man to speak who supports war then banning a group because it doesn't have "christian values". I guess to the republican/christians war is a christian value.)

Upvote 0

PreachersWife2004

by his wounds we are healed
Site Supporter
May 15, 2007
Land O' 10,000 Lakes
✟84,030.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
600px-Nuvola_apps_important_yellows.png

MOD HAT ON

Let's watch it with the personal insults here. We can keep this conversation going without resorting to insulting either side of the fence.

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0

clarksided

Veteran
Sep 13, 2007
New Orleans
✟17,690.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

BTW, where is "around here?" I dare to say majority of university professors are liberal and it's not even close. I can rattle the number of them during my college days and they are not shy about their hatred. Yes, hatred. They wear their hatred for the right on their sleeves. Conservative professors? I can't even name one in my college days.

Around here is Louisiana, and there are several conservative professors. Most of them I honestly can't tell their political leanings anyway.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ACougar

U.S. Army Retired
Feb 7, 2003
Arizona
Visit site
✟37,952.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Your liberal bias is to my eyes and ears conservative establishment
/corperate bias. If your right leaning everyone to the center and left is liberal and if your left leaning everything to the center and right is conservative... It's all pro-corperate/bussiness and anti-anything that might shake up the elite in this country.

Upvote 0

Jonathan David

Revolutionary Dancer
Jan 19, 2004
Home.... mostly
Visit site
✟21,356.00
Faith
Judaism
Perhaps it's been said - I couldn't be bothered to read the whole thread - but I can't believe that they ever had a Democrat club there to begin with. What Democrat thought that this would be a good university for them? I think that it's a bad decision but, like I say, I am surprised that it ever came up.

Upvote 0

Taure

May 20, 2005
London
✟949.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think it's clear that it's perfectly legal for the "university" to do this.

So the real question is: should they be?

Should the government regulate education more? Should freedom of expression for students be a requirement for a university to be recognised as an educational institution, i.e. be accredited? Or is this too much governmental interference in a private institution?

I would say they should. Liberty U should either be allowed to keep their rules and ban Democratic clubs but as a result not be allowed to call themselves a University, or conform to a certain standard (i.e. get rid of those rules) that makes them worthy of the name.

Upvote 0