✟23,346.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
Revelation 22:17,
"And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely."

Whosoever will are those who are
1) of the bride
2) that heareth
3) that is athirst.

If you are not all these, then you will not will to take the water of life freely. It could then be said "Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able." (Luke 13:23) And,
"Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity." (Matthew 7:21-23)

Now look at Isaiah 55:1-3 and compare this to the Revelation passage,

"Ho, every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters, and he that hath no money; come ye, buy, and eat; yea, come, buy wine and milk without money and without price.
Wherefore do ye spend money for that which is not bread? and your labour for that which satisfieth not? hearken diligently unto me, and eat ye that which is good, and let your soul delight itself in fatness.
Incline your ear, and come unto me: hear, and your soul shall live; and I will make an everlasting covenant with you, even the sure mercies of David."

Here we notice the call made to every one that thirsteth, to come ye to the waters. In verse 2 and 3 we see,
1) hearken diligently
2) eat the good
3) Incline your ear
4) come unto me: hear

Romans 10:8-17 contains the popular "salvation" verses in verse 9 especially, which sometimes stands alone, but should not: "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." And sometimes a combination of verses 9 & 10, with verse 13 are used in what I'd call a very simple salvation message.

Here then is the full passage in context:

"The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!
But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?
So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God."

Now when we look at all of Romans 10:8-17 we see that first, in order to call upon the Lord, one must believe on Him, and in order to believe on Him, one must HEAR; and that ties right in with our opening passage in Revelation, and to Isaiah. Then in order to hear, they need a preacher to proclaim the Gospel. So there is hearing and a response to that hearing, which comes by faith, for, as the final verse says "Faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the word of God"

Both the Revelation passage and Isaiah make clear to hear is necessary, and one must hearken to what they hear, and Isaiah says incline thy ear, so Isaiah is really emphasizing a response to what is being heard, which is what is being preached, which is the word of God, Amen?

Jeremiah 15:16 says "Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts."

And Jesus Himself did say, "Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.
For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.
He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.
As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me.
This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever."

Jesus is the Word as we know from John 1 and 1 John 5:7, therefore those who hunger and thirst, who have heard and believed, come, partake of Him who has the gift of eternal life.