Left-Wing Jewish Leaders Shocked To Discover Their Liberal Friends Support Hamas

RocksInMyHead

God is innocent; Noah built on a floodplain!
May 12, 2011
PA
✟321,133.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Depends on how much of a tally is kept or what the "worthy of more than a slap on the wrist" threshold is.

What I provided was one example. But both Ilhan Omar and Tlaib have had multiple tweets/comments they've had to either walk back and apologize for, claim ignorance "Oh I didn't know that implying that Jews control the money was offensive, thanks for educating me on that" in order to rationalize why they said it, or tried to flip the script and claim that criticism against them for saying it was Islamaphobia.

But I don't think the tally marks need to have perfect parity (in terms of quantity) in order to see a double-standard at play.

For instance, if Greene made 50 insensitive comments and Omar only made 5...it's clear that Greene is a worse offender.
You keep coming back to comparing their antisemitic comments. However, I would argue that calling for the execution/murder of specific individuals (and government representatives, no less) is significantly worse, and those statements are what actually got Greene in trouble. The timing of her "Jewish space lasers" comment was coincidental - or possibly even deliberate on her part, to deflect attention from the real reasons. Iirc, that was 3-4 days before the vote to strip her committee assignments, which came after Republicans were asked to remove her themselves - so there's no way she didn't know something was brewing already at that point.

Upvote 0