Feb 2, 2004
✟20,440.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have no problems voting for a female President — just as long as it's not Hillary Clinton.

If I'm going to vote for a Democrat, for once I'd like to vote for a REAL Democrat and not a "Republican-lite" or a DINO (Democrat In Name Only) like Hillary Clinton.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Harpuia

Oldie... very very oldie...
Nov 9, 2004
Undisclosed
✟27,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
UberLutheran said:
I have no problems voting for a female President — just as long as it's not Hillary Clinton.

If I'm going to vote for a Democrat, for once I'd like to vote for a REAL Democrat and not a "Republican-lite" or a DINO (Democrat In Name Only) like Hillary Clinton.

What's the difference between a REAL Democrat and say... Hillary or Kerry?

Upvote 0

SuzQ

I'm.....Wonder Woman
Apr 8, 2004
Midwest
Visit site
✟11,417.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
:D Doesn't sound like she's going to run, but Ah-nold kept saying he wasn't going to run for gover-nator, either. Condi is perfect - since she's single, has no equal as far as her knowledge of foreign relations, and no "controversy" in her past, other than she's African-American & associated with the sometimes unpopular Bush Administration? However, she does not back down from fighting terrorism, and that's what miraculously got Bush another 4 years. Plus, she would like to some day be Commissioner of the NFL & knows football inside/out. That screams "All-American President" to me! ;)

I disagree with Hillary Clinton on way too many issues to ever vote for her to run this country - most recently her very vocal slams against doing business with the United Arab Emirates??? We don't need any more bad press among Arabs who now think racist Americans can't separate terrorists from the entire Arab population on the planet. Nice. Especially when those in Dubai actually helped us & gave Bush information leading to several Al Quaeda captures. I did like the fact she co-sponsored the same-sex school bill with uber-Republican Kay Bailey-Hutchison, but that's about it.

Besides Condi & Hillary (and perhaps Kay), who else out there do y'all think would make a good female President? (Please do not say Oprah, either. LOl!!).

Upvote 0

Harpuia

Oldie... very very oldie...
Nov 9, 2004
Undisclosed
✟27,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
simplicity said:
When Canada elected its first female Prime Minister, her party totally collapsed and then the country nearly broke apart. Better to be safe than sorry, I say.

Which party was that... exactly?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SuzQ

I'm.....Wonder Woman
Apr 8, 2004
Midwest
Visit site
✟11,417.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
simplicity said:
When Canada elected its first female Prime Minister, her party totally collapsed and then the country nearly broke apart. Better to be safe than sorry, I say.

Does this mean you wouldn't vote for a woman? Or that she was responsible for what happened in your country, because she was a woman, or because she did a poor job? Just curious.

Other countries have had female PM's/Presidents & have done just fine - Great Britain, Sweden, & Spain, for example. Chile probably will, too, with their new "kick-butt" female President.

"Women will soon rule ALL of you in the world....heh-heh-heh!"*maniacal laugh* ;)

Upvote 0

simplicity

incredibly ordinary member
Jun 29, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
✟3,507.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I'm not saying she (Kim Campbell of the Conservative Party) caused everything to go downhill. I'm just plainly stating that things started to go downhill after she was brought in as Prime Minister. So I'm not saying the fact she was female caused the problem. But problems started occuring when a female Prime Minister was brought in for any number of reasons possibly totally unrelated to her gender.

I don't feel Condi would be able to raise enough money to run as a presidential candidate. I believe Hillary Clinton however might have some success in this area. The ability to raise funds has become a litmus test on how well a person might be able to handle the role of president.

The thing about being president is having the ability not just to tell people what to do but convincing them of their inherent desire to do so. So it's a lot deeper than just gender. Still if the Democrats want to run Hillary (essentially a career politician like Gore) and then lose miserably, I'm sure the Republicans would have no trouble.

Upvote 0

Illuminatus

Draft the chickenhawks
Nov 28, 2004
✟14,062.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Kim Campbell wasn't elected, she was appointed to serve the rest of Brian Mulroney's term. (Unless you count the PC nomination process as an election, which I don't.)

While we're at it, I highly doubt that a woman could be elected on the Republican platform. I really can't see the fundies and hyper-conservatives that elected Bush voting for a woman.

Upvote 0