Farmington
✟23,594.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
Earlier, the White House said it had no reason to adjust the U.S.′ “nuclear posture” after comments by Russian President Vladimir Putin Wednesday in which he said his country was “technically” ready for nuclear war.

In other news, Russian-installed officials at the Zaporizhzhia nuclear power plant in southern Ukraine accused Ukraine’s armed forces of shelling critical infrastructure at the plant on Thursday.

Russia has occupied the plant since March 2022, with the nuclear facility being a focal point of tensions and skirmishes between Ukrainian and Russian forces. CNBC was unable to verify the latest claims.

(One of these days it will not be a bluff, it will not be propaganda...)

Kokavkrystallos

Jan 1, 2024
Farmington
✟23,594.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
Until then...Let's keep dancing.

The joy of the LORD is your strength... Amen.
I'll even rejoice when it all happens. I'm pretty sure something big will happen in my lifetime, if God is gracious to grant me say 20 more years, which would make me 83. If not, that is fine too, and even better, for I'll be with Him!

Upvote 0

IceJad

May 23, 2005
✟100,895.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
(One of these days it will not be a bluff, it will not be propaganda...)

Unfortunately this has proven true. Remember when everyone was caught with their collective pants down February 2022? For months Russia has been building up forces near the border. Not to mention the hawkish rhetoric Putin has been sputtering during the built up.

Not all bravados are for show.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,543.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Like Biden in Afghanistan. You Americans can't take a step back from tribalism even for a moment. Trump this Biden that. What did the Soviets call this again? Ah useful ...
Which administration negotiated with the Taliban to effect a U.S. withdrawal?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,933.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Unfortunately this has proven true. Remember when everyone was caught with their collective pants down February 2022? For months Russia has been building up forces near the border. Not to mention the hawkish rhetoric Putin has been sputtering during the built up.

Not all bravados are for show.
In case anyone reading this post has forgotten what really happened two years ago: Russia was playing off the force buildoff as a military exercise and spreading lies that they were withdrawing forces (while increasing them at the same time). There was no hawkish rhetoric, in fact it was one of the few times when Russia was downplaying this stuff (which of course was a dead giveaway in itself). Western countries were very much aware of the force buildup and trying every diplomatic channel to dissuade the attack while preparing for it. News organisations reported on satellite images and force buildups and everyone not burying their head in the sand could inform themselves about it.

For the entire war, Russia has been claiming things and then either done the opposite or nothing related to their claims at all. It's called the "firehood of falsehood". It's a technique meant to discourage and confuse and in my opinion best countered by just assuming that everything coming out of Russia can be safely ignored and getting on with your life.

Last edited:
Upvote 0