Veteran
May 14, 2006
New York
✟212,454.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Last I read the Serbs who are concentrated in the north were offered amnesty (to the men who rebelled against the albanian kosovar government), and the powers that be want them to integrate into another useless fragile Balkan country.

Basically the Serbian section has operated autonomously and have even erected cement partitions for safety. The plan is basically to have a united Kosovo but one that will be segregated for decades possibly centuries. Peacekeepers will probably remain to protect archaeological sites.

Upvote 0

E.C.

Jan 12, 2007
✟136,758.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Are they treated equal or second class?
Have you ever seen movies about Apartheid in South Africa? Similar treatment.

Equal citizens do not desecrate churches, kill whenever they feel like it, rape whomever or dig up graves to feed human bones to the dogs. I think second-class would be the best the Serbs in Kosovo and Metohija could ever hope for.

Upvote 0
Dec 22, 2010
✟1,424.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
@I eat Pie

I would protect my orthodox brothers with my life... - no. you would'nt. Usa had "protected" Orthodox already. One man cant change situation organised by state machine.

Imho conditions of living for Serbians are not so bad today like were for ethnic Russians in Chechnja for example . But future are quiet unclear for them. While kosovo are under protection Usa+Nato for Serbians are nothing good.

Upvote 0

I Eat Pie

Sep 22, 2012
City of Angels.
✟4,228.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
@I eat Pie

I would protect my orthodox brothers with my life... - no. you would'nt. Usa had "protected" Orthodox already. One man cant change situation organised by state machine.

Imho conditions of living for Serbians are not so bad like were for ethnic Russians in Chechnja.

I'm offering to go. That's nothing for you? By the way, Bill Clinton's decisions have nothing to do with me. I was like 7 at the time.

Upvote 0
Dec 22, 2010
✟1,424.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
@I Eat Pie

That's nothing for you? - my old brothers (in the Jesus) respect to you for wish to protect. :) Lord, have Mercy!

By the way - by the way i have nothing again anybody (as christian as non-christian) from Usa for "Kosovo" by default. Rulers are responsible for it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AV1

Jul 25, 2013
Michigan
✟15,355.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Kosovo is the spiritual and cultural heart of Serbia, a country that for nearly its entire history has been primarily EO. Pockets of the country have changed in modern times for many reasons that I wont get into in this post.

Serbian Christians have been suffering for a long time. First with 70+ years of communism, and then the Albanian cultural invasion...which includes a massive Muslim slant. The issues of the 80s and 90s were not portrayed correctly in the media, especially in the west...again a whole other post.

The long and short of it is that there are many important monasteries and churches in Kosovo directly related to Church history and the identity of Serbian culture. It is an all out travesty where the state of affairs currently lies. Kosovo belongs not only to Serbia, but the Christian identity of the same.

I attend a Serbian Church. We had the Serbian Ambassador to the US at our Church picnic two weeks ago, and have a foreign cultural minister coming on the 18th of October. Men of great faith and character, which is rare for politicians. The Ambassador gave a very moving speech and prayer. If you are nearby Monroe, MI on the 18th of October, and interested in this issue please come by St. George. We would love to have you join us in a discussion about Serbian identity and the EO faith.

It should be posted on our website next week.

http://stgeorgemonroe.org/church/

Last edited:
Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,181,791.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Churches and monasteries in Kosovo that are being/have been destroyed by the Moslems, have been standing there from before the colonisation of North America. They predate the USA. It is a travesty that the West has just stood by and watched.

Upvote 0