Old Route 66
✟34,744.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
They believe Jesus is the Word of God---a messenger sent in order to proclaim God's love and mercy (how is that "anti-Christ"?).

Because they reject the Incarnation, the Passion amd the Resurrection.

Reactions: dzheremi
Upvote 0

mkgal1

His perfect way sets me free. 2 Samuel 22:33
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
The chapter tells the story of the birth of Christ to the virgin Mary, and includes the Islamic teaching that Jesus is not the son of God and should not be worshipped
Why do you keep posting that when I've already posted that isn't true?

This is the complete song that was sung (nothing more):

15941171_1728469354149394_2487347265196884278_n.jpg

Upvote 0

mkgal1

Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Because they reject the Incarnation, the Passion amd the Resurrection.
We know their faith has distinctions from ours....the point is, most people don't know all the ways it overlaps. Also....there is so much hate (and untruths) about Muslims....I think it's a beautiful thing for us Christians to welcome them as friends (in spite of our differences).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mkgal1

Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
It is true that Islam rejects the worship of Jesus as shirk, and His deity.
But it's important to note that wasn't brought up....at.all in the song she sang. She's being accused of saying that inside the cathedral. She didn't.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

One of GODS Children I am a historicist
Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Was Abraham aware of Jesus (who was born 14 generations later)?

Straw man question.

Question is if Islam, Judaism and Christianity worship the God of Abraham which one is truly worshiping the God of Abraham?

I vote for Christianity as they recognize that the God of Abraham has a Son named Jesus Christ. The other two are paying lip service to the God of Abraham and denying Jesus Christ as the Son of God.

Upvote 0

mkgal1

Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Straw man question.

Question is if Islam, Judaism and Christianity worship the God of Abraham which one is truly worshiping the God of Abraham?
It's not a strawman question. It's valid in reference to the term "God of Abraham". You obviously aren't grasping what that means (nor do you seem to be interested in moving away from your impression of what that means).

Upvote 0

Orthodoxjay1

Sep 21, 2015
✟58,504.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
We know their faith has distinctions from ours....the point is, most people don't know all the ways it overlaps. Also....there is so much hate (and untruths) about Muslims....I think it's a beautiful thing for us Christians to welcome them as friends (in spite of our differences).

Why yes being friends with a individual is okay, however inviting heresy, and blasphemy is one of the reasons the Episcopal Church, and most Mainline Protestant Churches are in steep decline. The Muslim deny the divinity of Christ as fully man, and Fully divine, and do not accept the Trinity as most Christians to, In fact Islam views Christianity as polytheistic due to the Trinity, plus they worship Mhummad a mere mortal man.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Original Happy Camper

Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
It's not a strawman question. It's valid in reference to the term "God of Abraham". You obviously aren't grasping what that means (nor do you seem to be interested in moving away from your impression of what that means).

You have determined that I do not know so tell me.

Upvote 0

mkgal1

Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
inviting heresy, and blasphemy is one of the reasons the Episcopal Church, and most Mainline Protestant Churches are in steep decline. The Muslim deny the divinity of Christ as fully man, and Fully divine, and do not accept the Trinity as most Christians to, In fact Islam views Christianity as polytheistic due to the Trinity, plus they worship Mhummad a mere mortal man.
You seem to have missed the post that included what was actually sung. There was no "heresy" involved. None of the differences were brought up. They celebrated together at the point of agreement (Mary's immaculate conception....the angel of God informing Mary that she's going to give birth to a holy son...the message that Jesus was sent as a proclamation of God's love and mercy for us.....etc).

BTW....they don't "worship" Mohammad (they consider that idolatry--which it would be).

As far as the Episcopal church being on the "decline"? You may want to check---from what I'm aware of.....they are experiencing a lot of growth (but maybe you're referring to what you consider to be a "moral decline"?). This isn't the thread for that, though.

Upvote 0

Orthodoxjay1

Sep 21, 2015
✟58,504.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The Immaculate Conception? Well yes that is a heresy, she may have had a sinless life, but she was conceived in Sin, you are taking away her humanity with the Immaculate Conception. Yes the Episcopal Church has been in membership decline since the 1970's due to their reforming of Common Book of Prayer, Women Ordination, Homosexual Marriage, and so fourth, the numbers speak for themselve, they may have slowed the decline, yet it still in decline.

Upvote 0

mkgal1

Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
You have determined that I do not know so tell me.
There are plenty of articles online that can inform you (if you were interested). I'll indulge you and share here some of what you can find:

An Abrahamic religion is a religion whose people believe that the Hebrew patriarch Abraham and his descendants hold an important role in human spiritual development. The best known Abrahamic religions are Judaism, Christianity and Islam.

Abraham is traditionally considered to be the first Jew and to have made a covenant with God. Because Judaism, Christianity, and Islam all recognize Abraham as their first prophet, they are also called the Abrahamic religions.

Something from the Quran you may find interesting:

>>>>“…nearest among them in love to the believers wilt thou find those who say, “We are Christians”: because amongst these are men devoted to learning and men who have renounced the world, and they are not arrogant.” Quran (5:82)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mkgal1

Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
The Immaculate Conception? Well yes that is a heresy, she may have had a sinless life, but she was conceived in Sin
Sorry---I misused that term. I was referring to the miracle of her virginal birth.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mkgal1

Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Satan believes in God that is a point of agreement would you celebrate together with him?
You're bias is showing loud and clear. I think I'm going to move on to other things and leave this discussion (for now at least).

I will sign off to say we are *supposed to* be reflection God's love for all mankind. If you believe it's "loving" to label a whole faith group as merely "wrong" and not get to know them....not value their own convictions and obedience to God....then I don't really know how to communicate with you. You seem more interested in "setting me straight" than you do listening.

Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You're bias is showing loud and clear. I think I'm going to move on to other things and leave this discussion (for now at least).

I will sign off to say we are *supposed to* be reflection God's love for all mankind. If you believe it's "loving" to label a whole faith group as merely "wrong" and not get to know them....not value their own convictions and obedience to God....then I don't really know how to communicate with you. You seem more interested in "setting me straight" than you do listening.

I am listening just not liking the implications I am hearing. I believe the Bible is the Word of God and that there is no other scriptures under the sun that are valid.
Jesus Christ is the Son of God and any other religion that uses a book that denies this is not of GOD no matter what they claim.

I do not believe that those of other faiths that do not believe in the divinity of Christ should occupy the pulpit in a Christian Church.

Your post indicate that you do. If I am wrong tell me so.

Upvote 0

CGL1023

citizen of heaven
Jul 8, 2011
Roswell NM
✟75,781.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Did the leaders of that church even know what was being sung in front of their faces?
I would like to think that someone/anyone in leadership could not be so dumb as to permit that performance. I saw the video and it looked as if no one in view enjoyed the performance. Maybe they were forced to endure it
-- who knows.

• Agree
Reactions: 2PhiloVoid
Upvote 0

mkgal1

Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I don't wish to derail this thread.....but are any of you aware of *this* thread (where professing Christians are seeming to deny the deity of Jesus)?

When churches invite their Jewish and Muslim friends to join in certain celebrations together---everyone is aware of distinctions.

Upvote 0