✟15,984.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Elixer.jpg

Kindness
By: Bishop Emmanuel Olalekan Amusan

Kindness is a language understood and appreciated by all. It is something you can share at any time, with anyone. It’s not always easy to kill ‘em with kindness, but it’s always worth it. Why? Because there are some pretty awesome benefits from being kind to all humanity irrespective of their religious believes.

Whenever I find myself acting out in kindness in my own little ways, I find that the following things happen: I feel great, I make someone else feel great, I gain good karma, I physically feel better, and I inspire others to be kind. Who wouldn’t want those benefits in his or her life?

Here, take a look in more detail at the benefits of being kind:

1. You feel awesome. When you treat others with kindness, you feel pretty great. Just think about the last time you did something nice in love for someone else. How did you feel? You probably felt pretty great, didn’t you? I know that every time I do something kind – even if it’s the smallest thing – I feel great. Being kind to others is really a way to be kind to yourself.

2. You make others feel great. Of course, the most obvious benefit of kindness is that you make others feel good. It seems obvious, but it’s actually really important. Being kind is a way you can spread goodness in the world, a small way to make the world a better place. Just think for a moment about what the world would be like if everyone were kind…

3. You gain good karma. Whether or not you believe in karma, you must realize that when you do good things, good things happen to you. I know from personal experience that this is true. When I treat others with kindness, I find that kindness is returned to me in some form. Putting kindness into the world helps to bring a whole lot of it back to you.

4. You improve your health. It’s been said that doing kind things for others helps you to feel better physically. I’m not a doctor or expert so I can’t say for sure if this is true, but it sure makes a lot of sense to me. The kinder I am to others, the happier I feel. The happier I feel, the more relaxed and centered I am. Give it some thought the next time you’re kind to someone else. Do you physically feel better?

5. You inspire others. Acts of kindness are one of the greatest ways to inspire others. When I see someone do something out of kindness, I feel incredibly inspired and it makes me want to do something kind. When you commit a kind act, those around you will take note and your kindness can have a ripple effect.

Start that ripple now by treating those around you with kindness today. Kindness is something we can all engage in. Kindness is a choice. You can choose it in every single situation. While I know this isn’t always easy, it’s always possible. You may not fully realize it, but every single moment of your life, you have the choice to choose to act in kindness. Choose kindness today and reap the benefits that follows!

Be known with love and kindness.