Kicked out for breastfeeding in restaurant?

IreneAdler

more binah in her finger than in your whole body
Oct 12, 2009
✟22,392.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
That's awfully silly. Why? And so what?
I think so too, but I respect other people's right to be offended. I personally find nudity beautiful, but I won't force it on others when it's unnecessary.

Upvote 0

laconicstudent

Sep 25, 2009
✟16,224.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I think so too, but I respect other people's right to be offended.

As do I, I suppose.

I personally find nudity beautiful, but I won't force it on others when it's unnecessary.

Nobody is having nudity "forced" on them. If a woman starts breast feeding publicly, one is perfectly free to avert their gaze, close their eyes, turn around, leave the area.

Upvote 0

IreneAdler

Oct 12, 2009
✟22,392.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
but they do have the right to insist someone follow public decency laws (which generally include women being covered in public) and it's not unreasonable for this to include when nursing. I'm sorry. It's NOT THAT HARD. And frankly it's just unreasonable to say it is.

Upvote 0

IreneAdler

Oct 12, 2009
✟22,392.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
As do I, I suppose.

Nobody is having nudity "forced" on them. If a woman starts breast feeding publicly, one is perfectly free to avert their gaze, close their eyes, turn around, leave the area.
and is it not reasonable for the nursing person to do something to cover up? why is the onus on the person who's observing alone?

Upvote 0

laconicstudent

Sep 25, 2009
✟16,224.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
but they do have the right to insist someone follow public decency laws (which generally include women being covered in public)

Um, the entire point here is that the law permits breastfeeding.

and it's not unreasonable for this to include when nursing.

Except the law says otherwise.

Minn. Stat. § 145.905 provides that a mother may breastfeed in any location, public or private, where the mother and child are authorized to be, irrespective of whether the nipple of the mother's breast is uncovered during or incidental to the breastfeeding.

I'm sorry. It's NOT THAT HARD. And frankly it's just unreasonable to say it is.

So what? The law says she can do it.

Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟393,664.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
but they do have the right to insist someone follow public decency laws (which generally include women being covered in public) and it's not unreasonable for this to include when nursing. I'm sorry. It's NOT THAT HARD. And frankly it's just unreasonable to say it is.

As pointed out earlier in the thread, Breast Feeding isn't breaking the public decency laws, so they are following them.

Minn. Stat. § 145.905 provides that a mother may breastfeed in any location, public or private, where the mother and child are authorized to be, irrespective of whether the nipple of the mother's breast is uncovered during or incidental to the breastfeeding.

Upvote 0

laconicstudent

Sep 25, 2009
✟16,224.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
and is it not reasonable for the nursing person to do something to cover up?

She can if she wants. Law doesn't require her to.

why is the onus on the person who's observing alone?

Because they are the ones with their eyes glued to a woman's breast while ranting about being offended by her exercising her legal rights?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

IreneAdler

Oct 12, 2009
✟22,392.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Um, the entire point here is that the law permits breastfeeding.

Except the law says otherwise.

So what? The law says she can do it.
NIPPLE, not breast... different. The nipple is what's cited in the statute... not the other skin.

I'm talking about people exposing their whole breast which is what most people seem to want to be able to do. The nipple should really be totally occupied most of the time in all reality.

Upvote 0

laconicstudent

Sep 25, 2009
✟16,224.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
NIPPLE, not breast... different. The nipple is what's cited in the statute... not the other skin.

I think its assumed we are all adults and know that the nipples are part of the breast. ^_^

I'm talking about people exposing their whole breast which is what most people seem to want to be able to do. The nipple should really be totally occupied most of the time in all reality.

Ok. Why is this a problem exactly?

Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟393,664.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Umm you may not know this, but you can't expose the nipple without exposing part of the breast.

It's normally just the nipple that gets people in trouble. (see the 2004 Superbowl for that one)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

laconicstudent

Sep 25, 2009
✟16,224.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
um, there's a difference in the part cited. obviously there's a reason there is a specific part cited and not the whole breast. dontcha think

Your right. The law doesn't specifically say other parts of the breast can be exposed. Of course, since women's shirts, dresses and swimwear routinely exposes enormous portions of the breast anyways, I imagine the legislator authoring the bill thought such specificity would be idiotic.

Cleavage (breasts) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Upvote 0

IreneAdler

Oct 12, 2009
✟22,392.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
puh-lease

it's not allowing for long term exposure of all parts of the breast
it's not allowing for exposure of all parts of the breast

it's not allowing what you people are saying it is. legally speaking it's not saying what you say it is.

Upvote 0

laconicstudent

Sep 25, 2009
✟16,224.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
puh-lease

It doesn't address duration at all.

Because exposure of other parts of the breast are already allowed, obviously.

it's not allowing what you people are saying it is. legally speaking it's not saying what you say it is.

Your right, it doesn't. Because its common sense that exposing the rest of the breast isn't illegal, as women wearing bikinis and low cut dresses and shirts aren't ever cited or arrested.

beyonce-grammys.jpg

Why wasn't Beyonce arrested at the Grammys?

Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟393,664.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
puh-lease

So we're a lawyer now ?
Legally it says what is says.

Upvote 0