Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
?That's why countries with less religion do better in so many ways than religious countries.
Do better in what way? feeding their people? giving them jobs?

What way exactly?

Reactions: farout
Upvote 0

MasonP

Sep 11, 2016
United Kingdom
✟16,015.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Do better in what way? feeding their people? giving them jobs?
What way exactly?
I think you know in what way, but please don't worry about it because I don't think it would make any difference to what you want to believe, do you?

Upvote 0

46AND2

Forty six and two are just ahead of me...
Sep 5, 2012
Vancouver, WA
✟102,103.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Unlike the real Ark people just laughed and did not believe Gods message. Today we still have mockers who don't believe a flood even happened. Like in Noah's day Those who refuse to believe in Gods provision for their sins, Jesus Christ, they too will face Goods judgment for rejecting Yahweh, and spend eternity separated from God in His heaven, but in eternal punishment (hell).

Would you please support, Biblically, your statement that people didn't come to the real ark? That they laughed? That they didn't believe God's message (presumably, that a flood was coming)?

Upvote 0

farout

Standing firm for Christ
Nov 23, 2015
Mid West of the good USA
✟14,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Would you please support, Biblically, your statement that people didn't come to the real ark? That they laughed? That they didn't believe God's message (presumably, that a flood was coming)?
Please read Genesis Chapters 6-9. I am assuming the people made fun of Noah building the Ark year after year, and poking fun and most likely laughing at him. They had never seen any kind of boat before. It was really big.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Please read Genesis Chapters 6-9. I am assuming the people made fun of Noah building the Ark year after year, and poking fun and most likely laughing at him. They had never seen any kind of boat before. It was really big.
Or it is just a story in the Bible. How do you explain the total lack of phsical evidence for a worldwide flood?

Upvote 0

farout

Standing firm for Christ
Nov 23, 2015
Mid West of the good USA
✟14,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Or it is just a story in the Bible. How do you explain the total lack of phsical evidence for a worldwide flood?

How do you think sea shells are found on top of some of the highest mountains? Look there will never be enough evidence to convince you, so why dialogue about it. You have no desire to believe the Biblical truths about Noah or the flood. Why spend mine or your time on this. I have better things to do than argue about this.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
How do you think sea shells are found on top of some of the highest mountains? Look there will never be enough evidence to convince you, so why dialogue about it. You have no desire to believe the Biblical truths about Noah or the flood. Why spend mine or your time on this. I have better things to do than argue about this.

I see that you do not understand the nature of evidence, that is a frequent problem for science deniers. You need to learn some basic geology. Many shallow seas, usually on the edge of continents, became mountains due to plate tectonics. The plain and simple truth is that there is no scientific evidence for your beliefs. My beliefs are supported by scientific evidence. Perhaps we should go over what scientific evidence is first. If you want to have a science based discussion you need to understand what is and what is not evidence.

Upvote 0

farout

Standing firm for Christ
Nov 23, 2015
Mid West of the good USA
✟14,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I see that you do not understand the nature of evidence, that is a frequent problem for science deniers. You need to learn some basic geology. Many shallow seas, usually on the edge of continents, became mountains due to plate tectonics. The plain and simple truth is that there is no scientific evidence for your beliefs. My beliefs are supported by scientific evidence. Perhaps we should go over what scientific evidence is first. If you want to have a science based discussion you need to understand what is and what is not evidence.

I have no desire to offend or out word your words. We do not agree. Call me anything you like. If I am wrong in believing in God and the Bible I have lost nothing. What have you lost if you are wrong? I really do not want to go face to face with you. I don't dislike you, and I will not waste your time or mine. DONE.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,135.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I think you know in what way, but please don't worry about it because I don't think it would make any difference to what you want to believe, do you?
I don't worry about it.

This Christian nation's Bill of Rights insures no pogrom will occur legally on its soil.

Not even by atheists.

(Scientists have found a way around that though by plutoing a Biblical term and using it as a loophole; but God isn't fooled.)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

46AND2

Forty six and two are just ahead of me...
Sep 5, 2012
Vancouver, WA
✟102,103.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

I have read those chapters many times. That's why I'm asking for support for the statement.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,025.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
A 150 day flood wouldnt bring seashells up to the highest mountain tops. Seashells are heavier than water. Shell bound creatures couldnt possible migrate there in a mere 150 days.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,135.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
A 150 day flood wouldnt bring seashells up to the highest mountain tops. Seashells are heavier than water. Shell bound creatures couldnt possible migrate there in a mere 150 days.
Would a 150 day flood cause the ground to break up and geysers of water shooting up into the air?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,135.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Doubt it. Do you think it would?
No.

But your remark about seashells being heavier than water doesn't cut it.

I'm sure the turmoil was so great during the Flood, that a steam roller would have been tossed around by the currents like a stick.

Upvote 0

MasonP

Sep 11, 2016
United Kingdom
✟16,015.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
No.

I'm sure the turmoil was so great during the Flood, that a steam roller would have been tossed around by the currents like a stick.
Yet an ark carrying all the animals had no trouble staying upright, it must have been another miracle.

Oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive. Sir Walter Scott
creationism is lies created for and believed by the uneducated.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RickG

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 1, 2011
Georgia
✟83,873.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
No.

But they are in limestone, you don't get limestone from floods.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,135.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yet a ark carrying all the animals had no trouble staying upright, it must have been another miracle.
I'd say that's about the size of it.

Upvote 0