✟2,553.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Redneck said:
Woah. That's hot. I'm from Washington. I don't even need air conditioning in my car.
Redneck (who thinks Bob Wills is still the king)

:)

Yeah. Down here in Dallas, a few years ago when we broke our record for consecutive days without rain, we used to laugh at Washington, because the story was that you had heat advisory warnings when it was only 80...if we did that, we'd have warnings almost every day. :D

Actually, up here it's not that bad. Our record is only 103--set in 1953--and it's only about 97-99 right now.

Upvote 0
R

Redneck

Inge87 said:
Yeah. Down here in Dallas, a few years ago when we broke our record for consecutive days without rain, we used to laugh at Washington, because the story was that you had heat advisory warnings when it was only 80...if we did that, we'd have warnings almost every day. :D

Actually, up here it's not that bad. Our record is only 103--set in 1953--and it's only about 97-99 right now.

Washington has two seasons. Rainy season and road work season.

It rarely breaks 100 in Washington.

Upvote 0
T

Teshi

rahma said:
You traitor! You know winter means -50 degrees without the windchill! How dare you enjoy winter anywhere else :mad:

Man, you remember that time when we were kids where it was forty below for more than a week straight with no break? Good times. I remember that all the pipes in the trailer froze and we had no running water, so mom crawled under the house with a blowdryer on an exension cord to try to get the kitchen sink working again ^_^

I believe that was also time I got frostbite on my feet during the bus ride home despite the fact that I was wearing Pak boots. :eek:

Certain things, I don't miss so much about Wisconsin. :D

Upvote 0

UberLutheran

Feb 2, 2004
✟20,440.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The air conditioners are not running.

Why? Because our season's first cool front came through this morning.

The temperature has not risen from this morning's low (70), and it's now 1 pm.

In fact, the current temperature is 34 degrees cooler than it was at this time yesterday, and 38 degrees cooler than yesterday's high temperature.

Life is good. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

BarbB

I stand with my brothers and sisters in Israel!
Aug 6, 2003
NJ summers; FL winters
✟25,548.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Republican
UberLutheran said:

In fact, the current temperature is 34 degrees cooler than it was at this time yesterday, and 38 degrees cooler than yesterday's high temperature.

Prayers are answered, aren't they?

It's cool here in NJ also, but back to the 80's next week! :eek: It's going to be October then! :o

Upvote 0

UberLutheran

Feb 2, 2004
✟20,440.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
JPPT1974 said:
Gosh you all in TX must be really, really hot and about to die.
You all need air conditioners really fast. Are they hard to get or are they expensive?

The electricity to run those air conditioners, especially in this kind of heat, IS expensive.

Very, very, very, very, very, very, very expensive!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Inge87

I sing a song of the saints of God...
Jul 11, 2004
Flower Mound, Tx (DFW)
✟2,553.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
UberLutheran said:

I know! It's supposed to only be in the 50s tonight!!! We were in the 60s this morning, and it was like winter had hit early. All this after it was 102 yesterday.

Also great was last night's light show (it looked like the July 4th). Our homecoming parade got cancelled due to lightning and the threat of severe storms, but this was the first rain we've had in months, so we were happy.

All this means that fall, that elusive two weeks of cool weather, might finally be deciding to come to Texas sometime before Halloween!

Upvote 0