Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I just got home from church about a half an hour ago w/ my mom. I saw my dad outside raking and he had the burlap tote down w/ leaves on it -- i had no idea he was ready to take that load to the back bc he was doing something else. So, i went inside to get changed n do a couple other things.

Well, he came inside about 15 min ago, and started yelling and everything and was like, "I couldn't believe it would take u that long to come outside and that i had to come inside and ask you for help" -- i explained to him what i was doing and that i didn't know he was ready --

and then he started going all off on me (my mom had told him i was in pain which is true i am) and he was like, you can work all day and go out bowling w/ ur friends but u can't help me outside. Boy did THAT make me super angry. For 1. I do help him outside usually -- I helped him outside several times over the past 2 weeks. 2. I Cannot STAND that he used my working everyday and this bowling w/ friends thing -- I HAVE to work and this was the first time in YEARS that i hung out w/ friends from home (i don't have many real friends around here) and he had the nerve to use that excuse. I was in pain last nite too but was so longing for friendship and just to hang out w/ people that i went and played a few games and now i'm in more pain. I can't help that. But my dad was like whenever i don't want to do something, i use my "pain" as an excuse to get outta it. That's NOT true. I usually say i'm hurting but, 90% of the time, I will do whatever it is they want me to do.

I bit my tongue bc i didn't want to get my dad even more mad. But, i was about to say to him, why don't u force my sister to do any house/yard work bc my sister has a free ride around here. She lives both at home n w/ her bf. She does NOTHING to help out around here. Absolutely nothing. She leaves her dirty dishes laying around so my mom or i have to pick up after her and wash all her dishes and do everything for her. It's annoying. And my sister is turning 33 this month -- she acts like a baby. She says she has all these medical problems and what not (tho everyone else believes it's all in her head as she always wants attention) -- I can't stand it that i Always get picked on by my parents for not helping out. I do 50 times more around here to help my parents out then she ever does. I love her excuses -- she can't dry the shower bc she can't bend, yet, she can exercise and do her yoga and pilates whenever she wants to and her reason as to why she can't wash/dry her own dishes? no excuse -- she's just lazy -- she will never shovel the snow bc "she can't"

I'm not perfect either -- i don't always listen to my parents right away -- i don't always wash my dishes yet, if they ask for help, i'm ready to help them.

i am soooooooooo tired of all her excuses and she never gets yelled at but i always do. I don't understand it. I don't understand how my sister can get away scott free of everything -- never get yelled at or get in trouble, but, it always lands in my lap. Annoying.....................................

Stephanie7

Senior Veteran
Jun 6, 2004
✟111,104.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Father God heal this one of the anger she feels because of her father's insensitive remarks. Grant her father understanding and show him that he was being hard on his daughter. Help him to remember that she is hurting and just because she goes out does not mean the pain goes away. Also help him to recollect why he always asks her for help and not his other daughter. LORD please help them to forgive one another so no bitterness may remain between them, In Jesus Name, Amen

Maybe you can talk to your dad and tell him how his words hurt you.

Upvote 0

SparkyMaddie

Luceat Lux Vestra
Feb 17, 2005
St Louis
✟150,656.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Prayed for this and for you. Your Dad is like alot of Dads! When I lived at home mine would threaten to take my car away if I was not getting things done that he expected while my younger teen sis would run away,drink in her room :( they let her run them until eventually she just left home. I know your Dad probably doesn't realize he is pushing your emotions. I pray he hears himself. I felt like I could have written this request 2 years ago. God bless you today.

Upvote 0

edwardfsmith

Nov 11, 2011
wisconsin
✟8,040.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I pray that your relationship with your father grows to become more enjoyable. I pray that you can find the understating needed to live a loving relationship on a more regular basis.

I did not have the best relationship with my father.
I always loved him
Now he is gone and I miss him.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

charity_22

To God be the glory..always.
Aug 21, 2009
Riyadh
✟18,337.00
Country
Saudi Arabia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
May the Lord God touch your sisters heart so she could come to her senses and be responsible enough for her actions at her age. I also pray for Your dad's temper and also for his healing so he won't blame everything in you.. I know he's tired and sometimes people tend to become like that..( being a parent is not an easy job).. I pray also for your better understanding about what's happening.. just think that your parents depends so much on you and rely to you on many things because your sibling just can't do so.

May the Holy Spirit guide you and i pray that your relationship with your family would get better everyday.Iin Jesus' name Amen,

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.