Just for once let us all try to be honest.

dysert

Feb 29, 2012
USA
✟112,984.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you think you should act on what you believe or do you pick and choose what you should act on?
I'm not sure I understand the intent of the question, so I'll take it at face value. I generally act on what I believe, but there are times when I compromise and sometimes act based on expediency or external pressure, etc.

Upvote 0

Paul Finch

Nov 12, 2016
UK
✟2,052.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I'm not sure I understand the intent of the question, so I'll take it at face value. I generally act on what I believe, but there are times when I compromise and sometimes act based on expediency or external pressure, etc.
So you pick and choose what you should act on, you don't follow every one of it's hundreds of laws (about 630 I think), that's not unusual because that's exactly what most believers do.

Reactions: CrystalDragon
Upvote 0

dysert

Feb 29, 2012
USA
✟112,984.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So you pick and choose what you should act on, you don't follow every one of it's hundreds of laws (about 630 I think), that's not unusual because that's exactly what most believers do.

You might think that you do, but I still doubt it. Have you stoned any homosexuals? Any witches? How about unruly children?

You're both forgetting two things. One is that not all 630 (?) laws are for today or for believers. (They were specific to the time and to those people.) The second is that the overriding law is that of love. Would Jesus have stoned homosexuals? No. He's the Christian's ultimate Model.

Upvote 0

SteveB28

May 14, 2015
✟21,415.00
Faith
Atheist
We all know it is [even creationists know] but just how badly in your opinion is creationism damaging the USA?
short and long term.

The first thing that springs to mind is education.

Oh, believe me, education is everything....!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SteveB28

May 14, 2015
✟21,415.00
Faith
Atheist
Not to mention the fact that this country, at it's greatest, before evolution reared it's ugly little head, was one of the most literate, best educated, most powerful countries in the world. The percentage of atheists was very minimal, we had God in our courts, our schools, and our homes. The introduction of atheism and evolution has dropped us down in every area, most certainly in education, with young people graduating from high school who can't even fill out an employment form properly, including being unable to even spell the name of their school correctly!! You have to be literate to read the bible, and it helps if you know math also! Not to mention that it influences people to learn other languages--backwards my foot!
You can not read the letters written by the founding fathers, and the following presidents without knowing that they were Christians and had no trouble with displaying their love of God even in Congress--always opened with prayer.
It's been the evolutionists that have brought this country down, esp in education. Children are being raised without regard for human life, without
God having created us, and dying to save us, they have nothing to hold unto, nothing to respect, nothing to lift them up above their poverty and no reason why they shouldn't just stay home and collect welfare money--The work ethic is not taught, nor care for others. Self is the god listened to now, and no reason to think of others as priceless treasures and and loved as such by a loving God and deserving of their dignity.--after all, who cares? We're just a bunch of animals anyway, might as well act like them. In fact, worse then animals--animals do not normally beat, abuse, and even kill their children--when they do kill them, it's because the offspring have abnormalities which the mothers know will keep them from being able to fend for themselves.
I have no doubt you will disagree with everything I've said, and I don't care-- We are the beloved children of the Most High God, and we will be inheriting all He has created for us---Sorry to hear your uncle is an ape, they can't give you much to be proud of, nor leave you anything but poop--enjoy.

Oh, you forgot a couple...

Blacks knew their place and women stayed in the kitchen....!

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Oh, you forgot a couple...

Blacks knew their place and women stayed in the kitchen....!

No true Christian thought slavery was a good thing, and they fought against it.
As for women, they were growing stronger and as men became more and more brutal, and more and more of them left them with nothing and had to care for their children, and men became less moral, and no longer believed in a God that held them accountable for their actions, they thought nothing of leaving them nor abusing them. Women had to step up to the plate and learn to support themselves and their children because they couldn't depend on the men supporting the family anymore while they took care of the children and the home. Men had been the religious leaders of the home and without a God, there was no longer any higher aspirations---they dropped the ball as care takers and spiritual leaders of the home and their loss was felt with children growing up without real Christian men to teach them about a God of love who respects His creations and wants the best for them. To children, the father and mother are God, and when that image is distorted, they then can not relate so easily to the real God of love.

Upvote 0

SteveB28

May 14, 2015
✟21,415.00
Faith
Atheist
As for women, they were growing stronger and as men became more and more brutal, and more and more of them left them with nothing and had to care for their children, and men became less moral, and no longer believed in a God that held them accountable for their actions, they thought nothing of leaving them nor abusing them. Women had to step up to the plate and learn to support themselves and their children because they couldn't depend on the men supporting the family anymore while they took care of the children and the home. Men had been the religious leaders of the home and without a God, there was no longer any higher aspirations---they dropped the ball as care takers and spiritual leaders of the home and their loss was felt with children growing up without real Christian men to teach them about a God of love who respects His creations and wants the best for them. To children, the father and mother are God, and when that image is distorted, they then can not relate so easily to the real God of love.

Oh my.......

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,183.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The first thing that springs to mind is education.
Just for fun:
In 1989, [Kurt] Wise earned a Ph.D. in Geology from Harvard University. In addition, he has an M.A. in Geology from Harvard University and a B.A. Geology from the University of Chicago. In 1998, Robert Schadewald described Wise as influential on "modern creationism as it is practiced at its higher levels."

SOURCE

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
You're both forgetting two things. One is that not all 630 (?) laws are for today or for believers. (They were specific to the time and to those people.) The second is that the overriding law is that of love. Would Jesus have stoned homosexuals? No. He's the Christian's ultimate Model.
Would Jesus bake a cake for a homosexual wedding?

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Except for the Southern Baptist Convention (still the largest Protestant denomination in the US) which was founded to support slavery.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Oh come on, 85% of the USA is Christian, believe in the Bible as the word of God, and believe that God created the world. Backward country? Because we believe that someone had to make this world? That's just silly.
Awful lotta those Christians have no problem with evolution

Upvote 0