Country
Norway
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I am 100% Norwegian.

Hey, me too! Wait, are you saying that being Norwegian is "something odd"? :p

Well, actually, I have some Scottish blood in my veins. The story has it that some 100 years ago, a bunch of Scottish women arrived by ship at the west coast of Norway, and they married Norwegian farmers. Why, nobody knows.

Also, I love chess, but I enjoy reading chess theory more than actually playing the game. Once, I convinced my younger brother that he could not be sure if anything existed at all, just to shut him up.

Upvote 0

doulos_tou_kuriou

Located at the intersection of Forde and Giertz
Apr 26, 2006
MinneSO-TA. That's how they say it here, right?
✟17,424.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Wow! You must have done something very interesting. What made them choose you?

Work I had done in HIV/AIDS education and activism.

It was fun, got to hang out with some celebs, including Michael Phelps (this was before the olympic games where he basically went on to win everything). Me, him, and two other teens from the feature played cards to umpteen hours of the night.

I also met David Gallager, the guy who played the son Simon on 7th Heaven. He was a pretty funny guy. He was on it for his work towards autism awareness/charities.

Everyone treated it like a huge deal, I even got fan mail from it (which does not help quell an ego by the way). I was happy a couple months later when everything died down a bit. Now it's more of a fun trivia piece to my life than anything else.

Another fun piece of trivia, that year even though the feature was "20 Teens who will Change the World" Teen People actually recognized 21 people (1 as someone who already changed the world). It is one of two times I've received an award meant for 20 people and there were in fact 21. Both of which happened before my 21st birthday.
There you go, some Doulos trivia should you ever need it.:p

Upvote 0

Lprdgecko

Jan 15, 2012
Tennessee
✟7,809.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Hmm... Well, I was born 3 months early, only weighed 1 lb, 6 oz. My dad's wedding ring could fit all the way up my arm with room to spare.

I also went to the same elementary/middle school as Miley Cyrus (before she changed her name to Miley and before she had a TV show)... She is 2 years younger though so I never had a class with her. One of my friends was in her class, though. He said she was a brat ^_^

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MissesDenim

Less Bitter on My Sweet Please.
Mar 16, 2012
USA NY
✟15,553.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Rather than funny-odd, I was scary-odd as a child. I used to do very strange things. For example, I would put myself into a deep trance and try to convince myself I didn't exist ... and it worked a few times. Or I would stare into the eyes of my teddy bear and try to see his soul ... I still have that teddy bear.

"But I'm perfectly normal now," Caner says, followed by an awkward silence.

i don't know how to swim, and i didn't learn how to drive til i was 30, LOL....

haha I still have a fear of driving and Im 20. I was going to go for my permit this week but um...No thank you. lol I guess not yet. Same fears you have though, trying to overcome. :sorry: but when I was little and would wait online for the bus (sitting on the floor in a line full of strangers) I would put myself in this sort of trance..like I could breath underwater O_O Sounds weeeird but I could literally breath underwater. But when I came back to consciousness. I could feel my body holding its breath, and It wasn't for a mere 30 seconds. I felt it was longer than it ought to have been. and the funny thing is I could have held it even longer like it didnt hurt or have the urge to breath normally. Its hard to explain but I hope you got it lol I haven't been able to do it since but unknowingly I did, and Im a Pisces! Ha! :D

Upvote 0

Radiata

You don’t need a reason to help people.
May 30, 2007
The Place We Knew...
✟12,250.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
When I am bored, I recite entire movies line by line by memory. My memory for games and movies are just too good that I can never enjoy it a second time. For example, there is a game that came out maybe 15 years ago called Crash Bandicoot
Crash2.jpg

I just picked it up again last year and I remembered where every secret crate, every secret gem, and every line of dialogue that was said. I haven't seen this game for over a decade.

Upvote 0

Luther073082

κύριε ἐλέησον χριστὲ ἐλέησον
Apr 1, 2007
New Carlisle, IN
✟31,326.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I didn't grow up in any church, but was baptized in a Roman Catholic church in order to keep the peace with my grandmother.

I just recently learned how to swim.

I was 12 pounds at birth - (Born via C section)

Upvote 0

LutheranChick

Jul 12, 2007
Iowa
✟9,888.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hey, me too! Wait, are you saying that being Norwegian is "something odd"? :p

Well, actually, I have some Scottish blood in my veins. The story has it that some 100 years ago, a bunch of Scottish women arrived by ship at the west coast of Norway, and they married Norwegian farmers. Why, nobody knows.

Also, I love chess, but I enjoy reading chess theory more than actually playing the game. Once, I convinced my younger brother that he could not be sure if anything existed at all, just to shut him up.

LOL - no, I wasn't saying Norwegian is 'something odd' :wave: But, living in the United States, there aren't a lot of - shall I say (for lack of a better word than I can think of right now!) .... 'purebreds' who have had several generations of ancestors living in the US. ;)

Upvote 0

LutheranChick

Jul 12, 2007
Iowa
✟9,888.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Wow! What prompted the trips so close together?
My husband had joined the Naval Reserves, and was in basic training. He was supposed to be done, and coming home, but somehow, they missed doing some blood test on him, so he could not come home for another week (when I was planning on getting him that weekend to bring him home for good!). So, they gave him a weekend pass. I drove to Milwaukee, picked him up, took him home for the weekend, and then took him back to the Naval Station!

Why didn't we just grab a motel & stay in Milwaukee? We were poor, and young!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Radiata

You don’t need a reason to help people.
May 30, 2007
The Place We Knew...
✟12,250.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I repeat all conversations that I have in my head.

I've been running 3-4 miles a day for 4 months but haven't lost a single pound. (I'm eating right too.)

I chug water more than anyone. Many times, I'll fill a large bowl and dunk my head in and gulp fast as humanly possible.

I watch abridged series all the time.

I'm moving to Missouri in 8 days for a temporary Nuclear Medicine Job.

I applied to over 250 hospitals before I got this job.

Upvote 0