Just a Thought…

Kingdom_Come

Jun 27, 2004
✟1,117.00
Faith
Pentecostal
I don’t know about you, but I love reading the book of Daniel precisely because Daniel provides us with insight into his personal thoughts and reflections of the visions he has seen. Not only does Daniel reveal to us what he was shown and the interpretation provided by the messenger that revealed these things to him, but he often declares his confusion and his seemingly almost pestering attempts to get answers out of the messenger. Finally we read at the end of Daniel, “I heard, but I did not understand. Then I said, ‘O my lord, what shall be the outcome of these things?’ He said, ‘Go your way, Daniel, for the words are shut up and sealed until the time of the end.’” (Dan 12:8-9 ESV)

I tend to think that Daniel probably wasn’t the only prophet who prophesied things that he did not fully understand. However, it does not always appear that we are treated to the writer’s reaction to the things he is seeing. Most simply appear to record what they have seen and heard. However, this should not surprise us. A prophet to God is like a pen to an author. The pen knows not what it will write or the meaning of what is written with it. The prophet is merely the mouthpiece of God. He is a tool used by God much as a pen is a tool used by an author. I say all of that to say this, if even the prophets themselves did not fully understand the visions they were given or even the explanations provided by The Lord or His messenger, is it any wonder that we today struggle with so many of these things?

This is why those who do understand, whom the Spirit of The Living God has revealed things to, must remember that they themselves were once ignorant and believed whatever they were taught or what was conventional until their eyes were opened. Many believe what they believe for no other reason than it is the best explanation that has been provided by someone as far as they can see. Many are like a child. A child accepts what its parents tell it as truth because it does not understand enough to question it. When it is older, and its understanding has increased, it may begin to see where its parents were both wise and ignorant. However, as a child, it accepts their teaching unequivocally. Many are in various stages of their spiritual growth. Babes in Christ tend to accept what is taught to them from established sources who teach the status quo, which is often good and necessary as they lack the understanding and discernment necessary to challenge any of these things. Some grow in truth, understanding more tomorrow than they do today, and some stumble over these things even to their own destruction. “And count the patience of our Lord as salvation, just as our beloved brother Paul also wrote to you according to the wisdom given him, as he does in all his letters when he speaks in them of these matters. There are some things in them that are hard to understand, which the ignorant and unstable twist to their own destruction, as they do the other Scriptures.” (2 Peter 3:15-16 ESV)

This is why we must all be cautious and humble. This is also why we mustn’t condemn one another even when we are in error. We are all learning. We are all growing. We are all being taught, and we are all teaching. We should reprove in love, not pride. We should be humble enough to accept correction, and provide correction in all meekness and humility. Our search should be for the truth, not to prove a viewpoint we’ve held for years. Our quest should not be to prove that everything we say is right, but to be right in everything we say. However, we must also be patient with one another and understand that for some, certain revelations can be earth shattering, shaking the very foundation of their faith and everything they thought they understood. These are those who need our understanding and our comfort most of all, not our condemnation. We must speak the truth to help others avoid error, and we should hope to pull those in error out of error if possible; and perhaps most of all, we should hope that if we ourselves are in error, our eyes will be opened so that we do not continue in it. Sometimes, only The Spirit of God can open a person’s eyes to the truth of some things.

The Apostle Paul wrote one of the most eloquent passages discussing the disposition of the Christian. In 1 Corinthians Chapter 13, he discusses that we are nothing without charity. Even if we have the gift of prophecy and are able to understand all mysteries, if we do not have charity (love), we are nothing. Even if we give everything to the poor, if we do not have charity, there is no profit in it. Paul goes on to tell us prophecies will cease. Tongues will come to an end. He then says, “For we know in part, and we prophesy in part…For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.” (1 Co 13:9 & 12). When we are transformed, there will be no need for many of these things. We will know and understand more completely than we do now. We will see that which is hidden to us now.

I tell you that I struggle in my endeavor to fit this definition of the Christian every day. I examine my actions and my words trying to see where I have failed so that I might do better. We should show love and respect to one another because the world is watching us perhaps more than they are listening to us. This is why Jesus said, “By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.” (John 13:35)

“Rather, speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in every way into him who is the head, into Christ” (Eph 4:15 ESV).

TPeterY

But seek first the Kingdom of God....
Jan 16, 2014
✟1,583.00
Faith
Christian
I think people might have figured my view on the rapture is pre-tribulational, but I wasn't always pre-minded. Prior to 1 1/2 year ago, I was very much a post-minded person. Up to 90% certain it was a post-tribulation rapture.

But I always ended up with a new hole having to solve and not always certain of revelation and other prophetic books in the bible. It wasn't until I finally got so frustrated that one day I said to Father God "I'm not gonna deal with this anymore. I'm just gonna forget everything I've learn, start from a new and let you guide me and show me what you want me to know."

From that moment on, everything I've been lead to read and understand were different from the information I've gathered in the past. In short, I'm finding new and different information using the same old method. Suddenly the end-time puzzle started falling in place. Everything I'm learning seems to be related and share a common connection.

Anyways, fast forward to the end, I've come to realized each of us can't approach God with a close and narrow mind, unless we rather forsake His blessings.

Matthew 18:1-5 (NKJV)

Who Is the Greatest?

1) At that time the disciples came to Jesus, saying, “Who then is greatest in the kingdom of heaven?”
2) Then Jesus called a little child to Him, set him in the midst of them,
3) and said, “Assuredly, I say to you, unless you are converted and become as little children, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven.
4) Therefore whoever humbles himself as this little child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
5) Whoever receives one little child like this in My name receives Me.

Children are like knowledge sponge, they believe anything you tell them, eager to learn, and not confined to their own beliefs.

Approach Father God with a child like attitude so He can work in you. The choice is ours. He won't force information onto us.

And of course help each brother and sister in Christ to learn the truth. Many people here are given the gift of prophecy. Not many people are as blessed as we are. (Revelation 1:3).

Upvote 0