Newbie no more!
Aug 20, 2011
United States of America
✟14,114.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Do we sincerely grasp this Scripture verse? Who we rejoice when our brethren receive blessing and victories or are we jealous and wondering when our breakthrough is coming instead? And when our dear brothers and sisters are mourning, do we mourn with them and deeply feel their pain? Does what happens in the lives of our brothers and sisters in the LORD affect us and cause us to pray for them in such a way that we feel the Lord's compassion and love rise up within us? Or are we so self-absorbed that our spirits are cut off from what's happening in the Kingdom around us?

wildfood

Oct 6, 2010
✟15,693.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is a point that has been lacking in my walk with God. When my child is happy I am happy and when my child is sad I too am sad; this is true love, the agape love that Jesus taught.

Why do I not feel it more for others? Joy is to be had all around me, if only I would receive it, in the happiness and success of others. Talk about riches!

As you say, this love is a connection to the Kingdom.

Upvote 0

brittany111

Feb 18, 2012
TX
✟7,958.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It seems this the exact post I needed to read today. Both my younger cousins married last winter. One had a baby last night; the other is due in October. While I am overjoyed at the birth of new life I can't help but wonder when I will become a wife and mother. Thanks for posting.

Upvote 0