Senior Veteran
Mar 4, 2007
Australia
✟12,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What sin? Or all my sins? He would probaly if he was a truly benevolent God accept me for being gay.
And therein lies the mistake.

You assume to class God as a god of your making, not The God from the Bible. Truly benevolent to you, means one thing. To God it is another entirely. A truly benevolent god would heal all the sick, remove all the suffering, protect all those in danger. This isn't God from the Bible, He is not a babysitter, we have free will to do and act as we wish.

I notice you did not address my post, it clearly says in plain text homosexuality is sinful. The Bible says that with God, nothing is impossible, so I encourage you to repent and turn from your ways. Don't be stubborn. Be steadfast.

All the best, God bless! :)
Digit

Upvote 0

Jakkaru

Dec 15, 2006
St Louis, MO
✟7,799.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
You've already admitted that you haven't kept God's laws. That makes you a sinner in God's eyes.

Oh I know. But NO ONE keeps God's law, every man is a sinner the differance is I have not repented as I don't believe in it.

God is benevolent. However, He is also holy, righteous and just.

This I know.

God's holiness demands that He have a strict moral standard ("the law"). His justice demands that He punish violations ("sin") of that moral standard.[/quote]

I won't debate with you on this, actually I don't wish to debate.. at all . This is one of the biggest conflicts I have had accepting the true benevolence of the Christian god, besides I have ALWAYS been gay, it has been with me as has been my skin color and eye color and and every scrap of my personality, how could that be sinful? It's me and what I am.

The Bible tells us that God's benevolence comes only after we repent and put our faith in Christ and His atonement on the cross.

This I know, but then his benevolence has to be earned which is not benevolence.

And that's what's known as idolatry because what you've done, in essence, is to create a god in your own image.

Oh, as I said this was when I was very young, 5 or 6 or so. That is just how I always pictured him, fatherly you know if I fell or messed up rather then be angry with me, he would give me a pat on the back and a nice try and when I did die as long as I didn't kill or anything horrid like that he would give me a finger wag and a "Oh you little scamp you" kind of chat. The Christian god is quite frightening to a child when you truly think about it so this was my happy go lucky alternative so I could believe in him abit better, but this was WHEN I believed and was very young.

The Bible is very clear that God is angry about our sin and that we all face His wrath on judgement day.

-nods- Yes this too I know but it seems to cheapen the "Love the sinner, not the sin" mentality of Jesus.

While it might make you feel better to believe that God will wink and nod at sin and say "boys will be boys", but the Bible is very clear that God will judge those who are found to be in sin and rebellion.

Yes this I know.

Does that concern you at all?

Are you concerned of an imminent alien invasion in the future? To me that question carries the same air.

But you are a sinner in danger of God's wrath and that's something you need to take very seriously.

If I believed I probaly would be, but I fear we have deviated from the subject abit.

And therein lies the mistake.

You assume to class God as a god of your making, not The God from the Bible. Truly benevolent to you, means one thing. To God it is another entirely. A truly benevolent god would heal all the sick, remove all the suffering, protect all those in danger. This isn't God from the Bible, He is not a babysitter, we have free will to do and act as we wish.

Of course but the god is not truly benevolent. I feel we are grealt leaivng the original subject though..

I notice you did not address my post, it clearly says in plain text homosexuality is sinful. The Bible says that with God, nothing is impossible, so I encourage you to repent and turn from your ways. Don't be stubborn. Be steadfast.

All the best, God bless! :)
Digit

I can't just NOT be gay, it doesn't work that way. That is like asking you to try and turn gay, you can't do it.

Anyway I can't completley debunk your quites but here is my take on things.

The Old Testament as I said was simply the word of God for the HEBREWS to follow. NO ONE ELSE. This was a group of people in the desert who need guidance so God set all these rules to keep them on the staight and narrow and prosperous, such as "Do not cut the hair at the sides of your head or clip off the edges of your beard." Lev 19:27. This states quite clearly that SHAVING was a sin for them.

Or how about Leviticus 19:19 which states "Keep my decrees. Do not mate different kinds of animals. Do not plant your field with two kinds of seed. Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material." So anywone who wears polyester, rotates crops or raises mules is sinning. Or Leviticus 11 which is quite lengthy which basically you can't eat lobster or crawfish. Or pork.

BUT! Christians don't have to follow Levitican law, why so? Let us skip abit to Acts of the Apostles or more specifically Acts 15:24-29 which states. "We have heard that some went out from us without our authorization and disturbed you, troubling your minds by what they said. So we all agreed to choose some men and send them to you with our dear friends Barnabas and Paul– men who have risked their lives for the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore we are sending Judas and Silas to confirm by word of mouth what we are writing. It seemed good to the Holy Spirit and to us not to burden you with anything beyond the following requirements: You are to abstain from food sacrificed to idols, from blood, from the meat of strangled animals and from sexual immorality. You will do well to avoid these things. Farewell. "

Or how about Collosians 2:14 which states "having canceled the written code, with its regulations, that was against us and that stood opposed to us; he took it away, nailing it to the cross."

Or Hebrews 7:18 which states "The former regulation is set aside because it was weak and useless". All of these basically states when Jesus died, all he asked was you to beleive in him and the other laws did not matter anymore, no one had to follow those laws of the Hebrews anymore.

Now let us skip on into the New Testament.

Romans 1:24-27 "Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.

Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion. "

Okay where does it say these men sinned of homosexuality? All I see is the damnation of their lusts which is a sexual immorality as is sleeping around.

1 Corinthians 6:12-18 ""Everything is permissible for me"—but not everything is beneficial. "Everything is permissible for me"—but I will not be mastered by anything. "Food for the stomach and the stomach for food"—but God will destroy them both. The body is not meant for sexual immorality, but for the Lord, and the Lord for the body. By his power God raised the Lord from the dead, and he will raise us also. Do you not know that your bodies are members of Christ himself? Shall I then take the members of Christ and unite them with a prostitute? Never! Do you not know that he who unites himself with a prostitute is one with her in body? For it is said, "The two will become one flesh." But he who unites himself with the Lord is one with him in spirit.

Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a man commits are outside his body, but he who sins sexually sins against his own body."

This verse says to "flee sexual immorality", but it only mentions whoring yourself. Further, to prove that God condones ALL forms of love, including homosexual love:

1 John 4:7-12 "Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us."

These verses, properly interpreted and read, not misquote or drug out of context, show that God is behind all forms of love, and that lust and prostitutional fornication are the sexual sins mentioned. The verses from 1 John specifically refer to unconditional love. It states that any love that is unconditional is from God. Homosexuals can love their partners unconditionally, therefore, can have unions blessed by God.

So here is the point of what I have been saying. All of these damming facts of homosexuality being a sin where written in the New Testament when the Hebrews had to follow the laws of Leviticus to prosper but Jesus effectivly did away with this system. Hence we gays are not sinning.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,259.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Jonathan and David were merely best friends. They had a very tight bond, but it was not sexual.

We find more commands against homosexuality in the New Testament than we do in the Old Testament. Romans 1:24-27, 1 Corinthians 6:9-11, and 1 Timothy 1:9-11 all condemn homosexuality.

The Old Testament as I said was simply the word of God for the HEBREWS to follow. NO ONE ELSE. This was a group of people in the desert who need guidance so God set all these rules to keep them on the staight and narrow and prosperous, such as "Do not cut the hair at the sides of your head or clip off the edges of your beard." Lev 19:27. This states quite clearly that SHAVING was a sin for them.

Or how about Leviticus 19:19 which states "Keep my decrees. Do not mate different kinds of animals. Do not plant your field with two kinds of seed. Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material." So anywone who wears polyester, rotates crops or raises mules is sinning. Or Leviticus 11 which is quite lengthy which basically you can't eat lobster or crawfish. Or pork.

BUT! Christians don't have to follow Levitican law, why so? Let us skip abit to Acts of the Apostles or more specifically Acts 15:24-29 which states. "We have heard that some went out from us without our authorization and disturbed you, troubling your minds by what they said. So we all agreed to choose some men and send them to you with our dear friends Barnabas and Paul– men who have risked their lives for the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore we are sending Judas and Silas to confirm by word of mouth what we are writing. It seemed good to the Holy Spirit and to us not to burden you with anything beyond the following requirements: You are to abstain from food sacrificed to idols, from blood, from the meat of strangled animals and from sexual immorality. You will do well to avoid these things. Farewell."
Except that "sexual immorality" is one of the things that was kept for the Gentiles. "Sexual immorality" here, when you go to the Greek it was recorded in, is the categorical term inappropriate contenteia, which includes all manner of sexual sins. This means that Christians can't have incestuous sex, adulterous sex, or homosexual sex.

Now let us skip on into the New Testament.

Romans 1:24-27 "Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.

Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion. "

Okay where does it say these men sinned of homosexuality? All I see is the damnation of their lusts which is a sexual immorality as is sleeping around.
I bolded and underlined the part you missed.

Further, to prove that God condones ALL forms of love, including homosexual love:

1 John 4:7-12 "Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us."

These verses, properly interpreted and read, not misquote or drug out of context, show that God is behind all forms of love, and that lust and prostitutional fornication are the sexual sins mentioned. The verses from 1 John specifically refer to unconditional love. It states that any love that is unconditional is from God. Homosexuals can love their partners unconditionally, therefore, can have unions blessed by God.
Adulterers can also love each other that way, but that doesn't mean their union is blessed by God. "Agape" love is what John is talking about here, not "eros" love. God put some pretty specific limitations on "eros" love. This is the sexual love, and this is what is condemned when it is between two men, two women, or a man and a woman that are not married to one another. Agape is nonsexual. It's what one would use for taking a bullet for a stranger. Husbands and wives are to love each other in the agape way, but they are also to love other people at church, big and small, old and young with agape love. This certainly doesn't mean everyone in church is to be romantically or sexually involved with each other! Yet, if you were to be consistent in your interpretation, you would have to claim that church is supposed to be one big orgy. It's not.

Upvote 0

Digit

Senior Veteran
Mar 4, 2007
Australia
✟12,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
How many times does the Bible need to say something is sinful, for it to be truly considered sinful?

In the second quote, it says that God gave them over to their shameful lusts, it says they abandoned natural relationships and instead were inflamed with lusts for one another. Men, for men.

I understand what you are saying, there is a forum member on here who is also homosexual, yet he is fighting it. Would you like for me to give you his details, so you can contact him? I think the first step on the path of defeat is to believe it is out of your control.

I will say it again, nothing is impossible with God. Let me know.

God bless,
Digit

Upvote 0

Jerrell

Minister of Christ
Jul 19, 2007
Spartanburg, South Carolina
✟16,637.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Only someone ignored of Jewish Customs and Practices , and who is in despearate need of some support for the "non-sinfullness" of Homosexuality.

1) Even if they were gay that does not justify homosexuality and it's practice

2) The Bible cannot at one point say Homosexuality is a sin, and then at another say it's alright

3) Love does not mean sex. All of Israel loved Daivd, that does not mean they all had sex with him (including the men).

4) The Bible never says David or Johnathan were homosexual, to say so is to grasp at straws, and to read the blank space between the lines, imaginaing that something is there.

Such an argument is only the folly of someone in doubt but seeking support for his actions because something doesn't seem right. I will pray for you and everyone else who is struglling with this sin, and I hope for your salvation from the sin of homosexuality, not a justification of it, but a realease from it.

Upvote 0

Jerrell

Minister of Christ
Jul 19, 2007
✟16,637.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
And as I said before, even romantic love does not necessitate sexual contact. Perhaps Jonathan and David really were IN love with each other, yet simply never had sex.

Just a thought.
Opinion is not over the bible. THe BIble says they loved each other, not that they were "in love." The phrase "in love" has a very modern touch and connotation, let's not forget that David lived over 3,000 years ago. And that their custums of kissing and hugging and derobing in front of each other, was not gay, but merely culture.

Upvote 0

Jakkaru

Dec 15, 2006
St Louis, MO
✟7,799.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Well I have come to the conclusion that homosexuality is a sin. I CAN argue with those who know the Bible cover to cover but then again a believer has more merit in their words then a non-believer.

This has affirmed my stance however that I do not want a religion that can't accept who I am. I just need to live my life and hope my folks and others will accept me if not, oh well, I really don't care anymore I suppose.

Digit, nah that is okay. More power to the guy if he can will himself straight somehow or atleast abstain from his natural tendencies, it is much easier to live as a straight person then a homosexual. ;) But I don't believe there is anything wrong witg me nor could I change if I wanted to, I like me as I am and am perfectly happy with myself, it is how I have always been and no offense to you ladies but, on a romantic level.. I can't stand their personalties and the thought of sexual relations with a women is.. revolting for me. I can't change that it is just how I have always been.

Jerrel, how about pray to my good health? I don't mind people praying for me, i actually find it a comforting notion just please not for a salvation of homosexuality to befall me, it won't happen.

Upvote 0

Jerrell

Minister of Christ
Jul 19, 2007
✟16,637.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
If you don't have faith that you cannot be deleiverd from Homosexuality, it will not happen. You must be willing to change, becuase God Has, Can, and Will deliver anybody from any sin- only if you have the faith and will to change.

I can testify that after I was molested long ago I gained homosexual tendencies, that have all but disappeared since I prayed to be set free from such sin. And now, the thought of heterosexual sex is very appealing ;) , and the thought of homosexual sex is just nasty to me.

Now, We cannot change ourselves, only God can change us, only God can deliver us from sin. And You have not always been homosexual, you have probably been homosexual for as long as you can remember, but no one is born homosexual, that tendency is learned and absorbed from the enviornment.

I will pray for you, however I cannot exclude your salvation. After all, that's what Jesus died for, your Salvation. He died that you may be deleiverd from your sins, not to live in them or with them.

I suggest the following the testimonies of former Homosexuals:

http://www.everystudent.com/wires/james.html

http://www.everystudent.com/wires/christine.html

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jakkaru

Dec 15, 2006
St Louis, MO
✟7,799.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
And oh yeah, are you the one in the red shorts on yout homepage youtube video? Did you make that yourself?

I'll also pray that you are blessed in your pro-wreslting career.

~God Bless~God Saves!

Yeah haha that is me, thank you so much for saying that. And no i did not make that video, the company did.

Upvote 0

Jakkaru

Dec 15, 2006
St Louis, MO
✟7,799.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
If you don't have faith that you cannot be deleiverd from Homosexuality, it will not happen. You must be willing to change, becuase God Has, Can, and Will deliver anybody from any sin- only if you have the faith and will to change.

I can testify that after I was molested long ago I gained homosexual tendencies, that have all but disappeared since I prayed to be set free from such sin. And now, the thought of heterosexual sex is very appealing ;) , and the thought of homosexual sex is just nasty to me.

Now, We cannot change ourselves, only God can change us, only God can deliver us from sin. And You have not always been homosexual, you have probably been homosexual for as long as you can remember, but no one is born homosexual, that tendency is learned and absorbed from the enviornment.

I will pray for you, however I cannot exclude your salvation. After all, that's what Jesus died for, your Salvation. He died that you may be deleiverd from your sins, not to live in them or with them.

I suggest the following the testimonies of former Homosexuals:

http://www.everystudent.com/wires/james.html

http://www.everystudent.com/wires/christine.html

I find it funny how both those people where abused or hurt as children. I have always had a very happy life.

Upvote 0

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I know that you are settled in your decision, but there are some statements that I hear often that bug me:
I had no interest in the matter I was into more intellectual things... and cooking.
I've known kids like this, and people whisper behind their backs and make assumptions that these kids are heading toward gay.

What twisted sector of society thinks that women should all naturally love to cook and sew? And that men should hate it? That cultural flaw is just as bad a pigeonhole as not accepting orientation.

People are cruel, and people constantly want to put themselves above others. It will come out in any way they can scrounge up.

But I do appreciate your comment on intellectualism.... ;)

Similarly, not liking women's personalities.... when you were likely forming this decsion, you caught them at a bad stage. Women in junior high are scary! They fight to get social status, step on each other, steal boyfriends, gang up on a weak person, try shallow tactics to attain deep ends. And then a year or two later they settle down. But the damage has already been done.

There are a lot of macho men who are repulsed by women's personalities too. Ironically, some of the men who have been the kindest and sweetest to me (as a woman) have been gay.

I'm not trying to disprove what your choice is about... just trying to separate out observations and experiences from major decisions.

Now I must check out the video! :cool:

Upvote 0

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
that tendency is learned and absorbed from the enviornment.
I have heard of many triggers, including the ones you've mentioned. I have even heard that toxins/plastics in the environment have led certain animals toward these tendencies. Rumor... I have no links or data. Fears, overreactions, defeat under oppressors, defense over injustice... these things impact how we all make decisions. We are complex beings and respond over complex input.

But whether people consider you right or wrong in your decision, whether we declare that God will accept you or not, you are still a member of our community. You are a person with many other angles to your life, skills to contribute to society (I haven't found the video), and wisdom to offer.

We really shouldn't be treating you like a theology debate...you're not a scrap of meat to fight over. No one wins due to sounding more right.

If you are concerned with how God sees you, continue to connect with Him from time to time and try to get feedback. In the long run, He is not willing that any should perish. The Bible is filled with people making mistakes and going against His will, and they were often the patriarchs. Their repentence was not always written into the story.

That's why I brought up David's many wives. He knew that he wasn't supposed to have multiple wives, but he made emotional decisions.

There's a passage about Abraham lying about his wife Sarah being his sister, which caused her to be kidnapped. Instead of God convicting Abraham for lying, God appeared in a dream to the kidnapper, which caused Sarah to be returned to Abraham. There was no explanation of repentence in his part (he thought that lying would save his life). It was just part of the record of events.
Ge 20:2

Every person finds at some point that friends and family will not back up their decisions, no matter how well-meaning the decisions are. People will not always agree, but we have to move on in life doing the best of what we know to do.

Upvote 0

Digit

Senior Veteran
Mar 4, 2007
Australia
✟12,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This has affirmed my stance however that I do not want a religion that can't accept who I am. I just need to live my life and hope my folks and others will accept me if not, oh well, I really don't care anymore I suppose.
Christianity isn't a club, or a popularity contest. Christianity is the truth, and it most certainly isn't an easy life. I guess what it comes down to is if you are planning for your future or if you would rather live the way you wish now, in the present.

I feel it's sad that you can openly say you just don't care, yet when I was your age I had the same approach, so in that sense I can understand. I guess there is nothing more to be said in that regard.

All the best and I hope you enjoy your life. God bless. :)

Cheers,
Digit

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

WarEagle

Nov 12, 2006
✟7,149.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oh I know. But NO ONE keeps God's law, every man is a sinner the differance is I have not repented as I don't believe in it.

So then, what do you think God will say about that when you stand before Him?

This is one of the biggest conflicts I have had accepting the true benevolence of the Christian god

God's justice doesn't negate His benevolence. As Alistair Begg says, "without God's wrath, God's mercy is robbed of it's meaning".

besides I have ALWAYS been gay, it has been with me as has been my skin color and eye color and and every scrap of my personality, how could that be sinful? It's me and what I am.

Yes...and? We're all in the same boat. We were all born with a sin nature. Why do you believe that you get an exemption just because your sin is homosexuality?

This I know, but then his benevolence has to be earned which is not benevolence.

No. His benevolence cannot be earned. God is a just judge and, as such, must judge sin.

The Christian god is quite frightening to a child when you truly think about it so this was my happy go lucky alternative so I could believe in him abit better, but this was WHEN I believed and was very young.

God is frighening. Look at what happened to Isaiah when he came face to face with God's holiness. He came completely unglued.

God's holiness is so high, and our sin so low, that when we see the difference and realize that we're going to judged by the standard of His holiness and not by man's standard, you should be frightened.

Are you concerned of an imminent alien invasion in the future? To me that question carries the same air.

Depends. Did the aliens tell me that they were going to invade?

I can't just NOT be gay, it doesn't work that way. That is like asking you to try and turn gay, you can't do it.

You're confusing having a predisposition for a particular sin and engaging in that sin.

The Old Testament as I said was simply the word of God for the HEBREWS to follow. NO ONE ELSE.

This was a group of people in the desert who need guidance so God set all these rules to keep them on the staight and narrow and prosperous, such as "Do not cut the hair at the sides of your head or clip off the edges of your beard." Lev 19:27. This states quite clearly that SHAVING was a sin for them.

BUT! Christians don't have to follow Levitican law, why so?

This is a very common argument: homosexuality is condemned in the OT, which condemns other things we don't have to observe. Therefore, the OT's condemnation of homosexuality doesn't carry any weight.

Two problems with this line of logic.

The first is that those who say this neglect the fact that there are different kinds of laws in the OT. In this case, you would have the ceremonial laws and the moral laws.

It is the ceremonial laws that were done away with, not the moral laws (otherwise, the Ten Commandments would be meaningless) so the moral laws are still in effect.

The second is that the condemnation is repeated in the New Testament, so your argument is moot, unless you're going to say that the NT no longer applies.

Let us skip abit to Acts of the Apostles or more specifically Acts 15:24-29 which states. "We have heard that some went out from us without our authorization and disturbed you, troubling your minds by what they said. So we all agreed to choose some men and send them to you with our dear friends Barnabas and Paul– men who have risked their lives for the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore we are sending Judas and Silas to confirm by word of mouth what we are writing. It seemed good to the Holy Spirit and to us not to burden you with anything beyond the following requirements: You are to abstain from food sacrificed to idols, from blood, from the meat of strangled animals and from sexual immorality. You will do well to avoid these things. Farewell. "

Or how about Collosians 2:14 which states "having canceled the written code, with its regulations, that was against us and that stood opposed to us; he took it away, nailing it to the cross."

Or Hebrews 7:18 which states "The former regulation is set aside because it was weak and useless". All of these basically states when Jesus died, all he asked was you to beleive in him and the other laws did not matter anymore, no one had to follow those laws of the Hebrews anymore.

Each of these is referring to the law that Jesus fulfilled, not to God's moral laws.

Okay where does it say these men sinned of homosexuality?

All I see is the damnation of their lusts which is a sexual immorality as is sleeping around.

Then you must not have read it very closely. Even in the text you cited, it tells us that they abandoned natural relations with women to have unnatural relations with men.

Further, to prove that God condones ALL forms of love, including homosexual love:

These verses, properly interpreted and read, not misquote or drug out of context, show that God is behind all forms of love, and that lust and prostitutional fornication are the sexual sins mentioned.

How did you get this out of that passage?

The love he's talking about here is agape love, not eros love.

The verses from 1 John specifically refer to unconditional love. It states that any love that is unconditional is from God. Homosexuals can love their partners unconditionally, therefore, can have unions blessed by God.

You're confusing two different things.

There are three kinds of love spoken of in the Bible: agape love (the love between Christ and the church), fileo love (brotherly love), and eros love (sexual love).

The "love" in this passage is agape, but what you're talking about is eros.

You can't apply the standard of one to the other, which is different.

It isn't the love one has for another, but how that love is expressed.

If a man "loves" a nine year old boy, is it OK for him to express his love for the boy by having sexual relations with him? What if the boy loves him, too?

So here is the point of what I have been saying. All of these damming facts of homosexuality being a sin where written in the New Testament when the Hebrews had to follow the laws of Leviticus to prosper but Jesus effectivly did away with this system. Hence we gays are not sinning.

So far, the only defense of your opinion is that you've taken several passages of scripture way out of context.

In one case, the passage you cited told you outright that God condemned them for their homosexuality and you refused to acknowledge it, even though you're the one who quoted it.

Digit is telling you the truth. Christianity isn't a social club. It is for those who recognize their sin and their need for a Savior and cry out to Him to save them and change them.

To go back to my first post to you, when I share the Gospel with gays, I don't even bring up homosexuality unless they want to talk about it.

The reason is that their homosexuality is only a symptom of the problem. Each of us is a sinner in desperate need of a Savior so that we may be forgiven and reconciled to a right relationship with God.

One person's sin may be hypocrisy. Another's may be gossip. Another's may be drunkenness or fornication. Just as yours is homosexuality.

What it all boils down to is us feeding our sinful and rebellious nature by feeding our flesh and deciding that we're going to make our own rules for morality and ignore God's.

It would be just like a murderer going into court and standing before the judge and saying, "Your honor, you have to let me go. I don't believe that murder is wrong and I don't recognize the authority of this court."

Just as the murderer is going to be in for quite a shock when the judge brings the gavel down, so is the sinner who believes he can stand before God on Judgement Day and make petty excuses for himself.

Upvote 0

Jakkaru

Dec 15, 2006
St Louis, MO
✟7,799.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I know that you are settled in your decision, but there are some statements that I hear often that bug me:
I've known kids like this, and people whisper behind their backs and make assumptions that these kids are heading toward gay.

-nods- We just live in one of those societies ya know? ;)

What twisted sector of society thinks that women should all naturally love to cook and sew? And that men should hate it? That cultural flaw is just as bad a pigeonhole as not accepting orientation.

-nods- Well it comes from the bible, history and the whole concept of the nuclear family from say.. oh..the 50s. Where the father figure go's out to make a living and the women stays home to take care of the children, clean the house and cook, couple that with most mens need to be macho and that is what you get.

People are cruel, and people constantly want to put themselves above others. It will come out in any way they can scrounge up.

-nods- Alhough I have never been bullied or anything. I am good at making friends and I don't have that "gay" accent or anything, I do have a load of feminine mannerisms but my wrestling body I believe plays a role in keeping lips shut when it comes to jokes. Not to mention I am friends with just about every female at my school.. viscious circle isn't that, if I was straight I would be in paradise.

But I do appreciate your comment on intellectualism.... ;)

Thank you, I usually have people CONDEMN me for this fact rather then applaud it. I don't want to sound arrogant but I was always mature for my age, I was reading before kindergarten and by first grade I was already delving in 300-500 page chapter books. In middle school I was already involved in the works of Neitzsche and Menken and Plato. It's a shame that we live in a society where these are frowned upon and stupidity seems to be more highly valued in high school.

Similarly, not liking women's personalities.... when you were likely forming this decsion, you caught them at a bad stage. Women in junior high are scary! They fight to get social status, step on each other, steal boyfriends, gang up on a weak person, try shallow tactics to attain deep ends. And then a year or two later they settle down. But the damage has already been done.

Got that right. Middle school and early high school days definetly prove the quote "The female of the species is more deadly then the male". What I DO like about their personalities is girls are quick to share their emotion and discuss their feelings which I like, guys on a whole are bound to that macho stereotype of not having feelings. They take abit more work.

There are a lot of macho men who are repulsed by women's personalities too. Ironically, some of the men who have been the kindest and sweetest to me (as a woman) have been gay.

Well gay guys can be mean too so don't get too comfortable in accepting each one will be kind to you but the thing about gay guys is we aren't trying to impress you, we just want to be a friend. :)

I'm not trying to disprove what your choice is about... just trying to separate out observations and experiences from major decisions.

Of course, I understand.

I have heard of many triggers, including the ones you've mentioned. I have even heard that toxins/plastics in the environment have led certain animals toward these tendencies. Rumor... I have no links or data. Fears, overreactions, defeat under oppressors, defense over injustice... these things impact how we all make decisions. We are complex beings and respond over complex input.

-nods- This is quite true.

But whether people consider you right or wrong in your decision, whether we declare that God will accept you or not, you are still a member of our community. You are a person with many other angles to your life, skills to contribute to society (I haven't found the video), and wisdom to offer.

The video is in my profile. It's just a music montage of me wrestling that one of the companies I work for put together. I took martial arts for man y years and in High School I love to wrestle.. and NO not for the reasons you would think. ;) SO somehow I just naturally got involved in Pro Wrestling. Went into training when I was about..14 or so and started getting matches when i turned 16 although I may have had a training match or two when i was 15.

We really shouldn't be treating you like a theology debate...you're not a scrap of meat to fight over. No one wins due to sounding more right.

To win an argument, you don't have to prove yourself right, just prove your opponent wrong.

If you are concerned with how God sees you, continue to connect with Him from time to time and try to get feedback. In the long run, He is not willing that any should perish. The Bible is filled with people making mistakes and going against His will, and they were often the patriarchs. Their repentence was not always written into the story.

One reason I always loved the bible, the heros where NEVER purely or soley good as they are in books. In fact some of them where the worst sinners out there and most of the time.. they did not want to be prophets. :cool:

That's why I brought up David's many wives. He knew that he wasn't supposed to have multiple wives, but he made emotional decisions.

OK

Every person finds at some point that friends and family will not back up their decisions, no matter how well-meaning the decisions are. People will not always agree, but we have to move on in life doing the best of what we know to do.

Yes I know. It all may have worked out if I had told them rather then being outed.

So then, what do you think God will say about that when you stand before Him?

If he exists, I will probaly go to hell, unless it is some other god then who knows.

God's justice doesn't negate His benevolence. As Alistair Begg says, "without God's wrath, God's mercy is robbed of it's meaning".

I find this a moot point. True benevolence could have no wrath as it could do no bad. Smiting people does not sound like benevolence to me no matter how you pitch it.

Yes...and? We're all in the same boat. We were all born with a sin nature. Why do you believe that you get an exemption just because your sin is homosexuality?

Once again you are missing the point. It is who and what I am as is a black man a black man or an asian man an asian man. If it's a sin, I don't want o be righteous.

No. His benevolence cannot be earned. God is a just judge and, as such, must judge sin.

Why?

God is frighening. Look at what happened to Isaiah when he came face to face with God's holiness. He came completely unglued.

-nods-

God's holiness is so high, and our sin so low, that when we see the difference and realize that we're going to judged by the standard of His holiness and not by man's standard, you should be frightened.

And a very flawed system.

Depends. Did the aliens tell me that they were going to invade?

Well we DO have crop cricles...

You're confusing having a predisposition for a particular sin and engaging in that sin.

Read above. I am sorry but I am not going to try and change who I am, my whole personality... everything that is me and engage myself in a love I find sickening (with a women) just to appease some people, my parents, and a god I don't believe in who has done nothing for me.

If God was a Benevolent and Loving God would not sit back and allow us to stay imperfect. Imperfection is sin, sin is death, death is hell.

That is just the thing.. he does. He sits up there and doesn't fix us or cure us of sin, he lets it to fester and allows it to do without any resistance from his point. We never become perfect, just foprgiven because we continue to sin until we die.

Upvote 0

Gukkor

Senior Veteran
Jun 14, 2006
Visit site
✟18,202.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
That is just the thing.. he does. He sits up there and doesn't fix us or cure us of sin, he lets it to fester and allows it to do without any resistance from his point. We never become perfect, just foprgiven because we continue to sin until we die.

There is no growth without hardship. Were God to simply wave his hand and banish all sin, we'd essentially be automatons, with no flaws, but no real purpose either. But you've heard that before, haven't you? You've probably also dismissed it as simply making excuses for God's alleged inactivity. Such is a common train of thought. Usually, only experience can show that (and the idea itself of God being inactive) to be a misconception. Return to this issue in 10, perhaps 20 years, and your perspective may well be quite different.

Upvote 0

WarEagle

Nov 12, 2006
✟7,149.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If he exists, I will probaly go to hell, unless it is some other god then who knows.

And that doesn't concern you at all?

I find this a moot point. True benevolence could have no wrath as it could do no bad.

I disagree. True benevolence acts to secure the greatest good.

Once again you are missing the point. It is who and what I am as is a black man a black man or an asian man an asian man. If it's a sin, I don't want o be righteous.

No, I get the point. You're missing the point. We all understand that you may or may not have been born with certain predispositions to a specific sin, but it is still by your choice that you choose to engage in that sin.

Because that's what justice is. It punishes violations of the law.

And a very flawed system.

Of course it will appear to be flawed when you judge it by a flawed standard. You're judging from the point of view of someone who wants to justify his sin so, naturally, it will seem flawed to you.

Read above. I am sorry but I am not going to try and change who I am, my whole personality... everything that is me and engage myself in a love I find sickening (with a women) just to appease some people, my parents, and a god I don't believe in who has done nothing for me.

God gave you life. He gave you this wonderful world you live in. He sustains your life. He gave His only son in order to demonstrate His great love for you, even while you continue to rebel against Him.

You're confusing a momentary moral lapse with a lifestyle of willful disobedience.

Of course the Christian sins because as long as we have this body of flesh, we have the sin nature that goes along with it.

However, the difference between the sin of a Christian and the unrepentant sinful lifestyle is the difference between falling into a swimming pool and diving into it.

The unrepentant sinner will always love his sin and try to justify it, even if it means cursing the one who gave him life and holds out the free offer of salvation, while the Christian battles against his flesh and is horrified by his sin.

It looks as though you've pretty much made up your mind that you don't care what God says and you don't care what His judgement will be so I guess the only question I have left is, what do you hope to gain by continuing here?

Upvote 0