Job offer rescinded over vaccine mandate.

DaveHTexas

Dec 23, 2016
League City, TX
✟39,971.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I am NOT here to start a political debate. Just to ask for prayer on this issue.

I had a job offer through a recruiter. There was a misunderstanding from the recruiter to the company over the COVID-19 vaccine mandates. Agree with me or not that is fine, but I have an ethical and moral objection to the mandating of any medical treatment by employers or governments.

Anyway the excemption would not have been signed off by my Dr. for fear of losing her job (They have fired docs for signing waivers), but the recruiter put it forward as a medical issue. As soon as the words religious exemption were uttered, the job offer was rescinded.

I need prayer for a better job, I can, and have worked 100% remote. That would allow me to make my own choices without interference over whether or not I am comfortable with this vaccine.

William J

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2021
Buffalo, NY
✟276,936.00
Country
United States
Faith
Wesleyan
Marital Status
Single
I pray that God would provide you with a job that doesn't pressure you to do anything you are uncomfortable doing, such as getting a certain vaccine. I also pray that Christians would be united in love regardless of whether they are pro-vaccine, anti-vaccine, or somewhere in the middle.

Upvote 0

DaveHTexas

Dec 23, 2016
League City, TX
✟39,971.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Folks, I am really struggling with what to do here. The company spun on their heels as soon as the words religious exemption were uttered and the offer was withdrawn. I know the federal EEOC won't do much, but I am considering taking this to the state as I can't help but feel this company directly discriminated against me the second the word religion was uttered.

I do NOT want to react rashly and am trying to keep an open mind and heart about this, but I just can't shake the feeling that this is all over my exersize of faith.

Upvote 0

SJP51

Jul 21, 2019
Nacogdoches
✟14,846.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I pray that the Father provide you with a good job, one that meets your needs, desires, and etc.

Brother, I think not much will be gained over a legal action. I suggest you move on and find something that God provides.

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

DaveHTexas

Dec 23, 2016
League City, TX
✟39,971.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I pray that the Father provide you with a good job, one that meets your needs, desires, and etc.

Brother, I think not much will be gained over a legal action. I suggest you move on and find something that God provides.

Agreed, it is hard not to be frustrated, and hurt by the whole matter...

Upvote 0

DaveHTexas

Dec 23, 2016
League City, TX
✟39,971.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Just FYI, I am not sure what is going on, but God is moving in this situation for sure. I will update everyone once I figure out what exactly is going on... It is all, so absurd at the moment I am nto sure I quite grasp what I am seeing with my own eyes...

Upvote 0

APersonWithNoName

Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2022
Auckland
✟90,245.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am NOT here to start a political debate. Just to ask for prayer on this issue.

I had a job offer through a recruiter. There was a misunderstanding from the recruiter to the company over the COVID-19 vaccine mandates. Agree with me or not that is fine, but I have an ethical and moral objection to the mandating of any medical treatment by employers or governments.

Anyway the excemption would not have been signed off by my Dr. for fear of losing her job (They have fired docs for signing waivers), but the recruiter put it forward as a medical issue. As soon as the words religious exemption were uttered, the job offer was rescinded.

I need prayer for a better job, I can, and have worked 100% remote. That would allow me to make my own choices without interference over whether or not I am comfortable with this vaccine.

praying

Upvote 0