Not open for further replies.

Jase

Feb 20, 2003
✟10,432.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Democrat
The funny thing is... abortion isn't new. There was abortion in bibical times.. and yet jesus never managed to speak about it.

Wonder why?

And under Jewish law, abortion is sometimes required (health of the mother being the primary case).

The Talmud is actually quite graphic of what should be done with a fetus who is threatening the mother's life.

My question is, if Jesus opposes abortion so strongly, why do half of all pregnancies end in spontaneous abortion before the woman even knows she's pregnant?

Didn't God knit those 50% in the womb? Isn't their demise under God's control?

Upvote 0

TerranceL

Sarcasm is kind of an art isn't it?
Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Child sacrifice has been mentioned numerous times in The Bible... it is FORBIDDEN...

That's nice.

Abortion existed in bibical times and it's not mentioned in the bible.

And they were apparently smarter than some folks here who don't understand the difference between abortion and child sacrifice.

Upvote 0

Paradoxum

Liberty, Equality, Solidarity!
Sep 16, 2011
✟28,188.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Why would anyone like the thought of killing a baby,that was meant to be here.That's the problem I have with abortion,but I would never make someone feel bad for getting one.

I don't like the thought of killing a fetus. I don't think it was meant to be hear though.

Upvote 0

Billnew

Legend
Apr 23, 2004
Ohio
Visit site
✟35,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
To be fair, it's not my wife, but her mother. Before my wife was born, my mother in law had an ectopic pregnancy and needed to abort.
Ectopic pregnancy is not a viable pregnancy.

The arguement of abortion needs to be limited to viable/elective abortions.

Did Ex-Pres.Carter quote a verse?

God creates all life, so I agree God would not approve of abortion.

To make elective abortion illegal, it will take both sides to do it.

Upvote 0

Paradoxum

Liberty, Equality, Solidarity!
Sep 16, 2011
✟28,188.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats

What does that mean? Does God create children with horrible genetic defects? Does he suspend the laws of physics to create this life, or interfere with free will?

Upvote 0

Gadarene

-______-
Apr 16, 2012
London
✟75,247.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Labour
My question is, if Jesus opposes abortion so strongly, why do half of all pregnancies end in spontaneous abortion before the woman even knows she's pregnant?

Didn't God knit those 50% in the womb? Isn't their demise under God's control?

Indeed.

Pro-lifers have some seriously misplaced priorities. There are much more prolific "abortion providers" than Planned Parenthood in existence, according to them.

Upvote 0
May 8, 2012
NC
✟7,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
there use to be a time in (not so long ago) when Americans participated in the primaries of both Parties. Unlike most countries that have multiple Parties to reflect the peoples' true views we are only stuck with 2.
Couple that with the fact that almost no one in this country votes (we historically have the lowest voter turn out) and you are left with both Parties essentially being controlled by fringe elements & big corporate business.
The poor of this nation need the Democratic Party. There will always be those who are downtrodden and disabled. And in a country separated by church & state and with a growing number of atheists who reject the Church we must have a Party that espouses the issues of the poor....

Pro Lifers please sign the petition below affirming you support a Pro Life Democratic Party

Petition I Support the Big Tent of the Democratic Party

Upvote 0
A

AtheistVet

Ectopic pregnancy is not a viable pregnancy.

The arguement of abortion needs to be limited to viable/elective abortions.

Did Ex-Pres.Carter quote a verse?

To make elective abortion illegal, it will take both sides to do it.

Why would I want to do that? Most abortions happen extremely early, and I see nothing wrong with that. You could make a case for late term abortions, but those only happen rarely and with great need anyway.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mling

Knight of the Woeful Countenance (in training)
Jun 19, 2006
Here and there.
✟9,635.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I added my opinion. Problem? Wait, don't tell me. I don't care.

Yeah, not caring is pretty much the problem. People claim to hate abortion, but don't care enough to do anything to stop it. They just throw tantrums when it happens. Occasionally shoot or bomb somebody to show how much they love life. But really, people who claim to be offended by abortion are even more offended by the things it would take to lower the abortion rate (giving kids and teens real information about sex, making birth control easily accessible, destigmatizing single motherhood and offering government assistance to help in such situations), so throwing tantrums is the most they can do. Because whatever they say, they just don't care enough about abortion to want to do anything effective about it.

Reactions: JustMeSee
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.