Jesus First!

Do you agree that Jesus should always be suggested before suggesting medications?

• Yes, Jesus should Always be suggested before medications!

• No, it is ok to suggest medications without first suggesting Jesus!

Results are only viewable after voting.

malckiah

Jesus Christ is my God and King!
Dec 9, 2006
Texas
✟17,426.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello, This thread is started because i have noticed an overwhelming number of people suggesting medication as the answer and not even mentioning Jesus first! :doh:

Medication may play a part in helping certain situations or symptoms, but it should never be suggested over or before Jesus! Jesus Must always come first in everything!

I propose that if you are going to type a post suggesting meds, then you first make it clear that they seek God First!!!

I am posting this because i suggested Jesus first as a solution to meds and my post was taken off......Yet others post and suggest meds, but don't mention Jesus and their post stays!

I ask that others will stand with me on this as Jesus or Lord must come first in ALL things!

This is not a post to start a war or argument, but to bring us back in focus as to who has the answers.........Jesus!

He is and must be The Way!......He is and will always be The Truth!.......and He is and is the only one who gives LIFE!

God Bless You!!!

bunced

Apr 4, 2007
✟5,413.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Labour
Yes, Jesus heals, and often does so miraculously. But God also created medical science and doctors, and I think it's limiting our view of God to say He can't heal through medicine and medication too. God doesn't always work in puffs and bangs - sometimes the banal and the ordinary, such as going to see a doctor, can be a canvas on which he can work.

When we were called to Christ, we were called to renounce the world, not our common sense, and when we're ill it is the most sensible thing to go and see a doctor. By all means, pray too, but let's be pragmatic about this and not just expect Jesus to work in the extra ordinary when a lot of the time he is handling the ordinary quite nicely.

God can and does work through the skill of medical science and through doctors - let's use them :)

Upvote 0

w00dy

just a person
Feb 13, 2006
manchester
✟16,247.00
Faith
Christian
i can give you an example of the holy spirit (imo) using meds to cure me of something. is it not possible that the heavenly father, who knows our every need even before we need them, might use a pharmacutical company to create a drug that would cure an infirmity of a man who would thank him?

why ignore the things the lords hands have revealed to us? it doesnt make sense

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FenderElctrc

JESUS IS AWESOME!!
Sep 20, 2006
Gotta keep it secret
Visit site
✟17,089.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
If we have faith, and do not doubt in our heart, we will have anything we pray for. (Mark 11:22-24) I have knee problems. Every once and a while they hurt. I have been praying that they heal before they get worse. I don't want messed up knees and have to have surgery. Well, in my gym class, 2 classes ago, we had to sprint a quarter mile in under 90 seconds. I go 72 seconds. My knees killed the rest of that day and 2 days after. Today, we had to do it again, and as I was running, I prayed to Jesus that my knees not hurt like that again. I feel fine. My knees don't hurt at all. Also, I've been praying for God to wake me up before my alarm so I can read His Word. Well, when I started doing this, I started waking up. I forgot about it for a couple days and I didn't continue praying for it, so I woke up when my alarm went off. Last night, I prayed that He would wake me up about a half hour before my alarm went off or whenever He wanted to. I woke up 35 minutes before my alarm this morning. Have faith, and God will answer your prayers. I also think that God doesn't answer our prayers quickly to test our faith. I prayed for months for my lustful ways to leave me and His Grace didn't come on me for a while. But, I had faith, and God answered my prayers. So, don't say "God doesn't answer my prayers," because then you've obviously lost faith. Keep believing. Everyday say, "God's gonna do this. I have faith." Do not doubt either.

Upvote 0

jsimms615

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2006
✟143,480.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Who is doing this "suggesting" as you put it? The doctor, self or others? A believer should take any physical problem or otherwise to the Lord always, but that should not negate that God can heal through the use of medicine already available. Using a pill does not negate faith.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TrueHope

Senior Veteran
Mar 11, 2007
Visit site
✟10,944.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I believe we must (For myself...I speak) run to Christ first and foremost. And from that moment on, HE will give the direction to go. Is it to ride it out or go to a doctor and get medicine. Now, if it is extremely serious, He would not want you to stay at home and pray (After running to Him and He tugs at you to run) if it is a life or death situation or broken bones or something...He gave wisdom to men to become doctors. And one of His disciples, Luke, was a doctor. But immediately call upon Christ to show you where you need to go. First and foremost, because that is part of faith. That is my personal opinion.

Upvote 0

Healed_IHS

May 5, 2007
Colorado Springs
Visit site
✟8,790.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
If we are talking about non-christians? My answer would be no, I believe it's ok to discuss I believe that if someone brings up the theological issue, it's ok to witness to them. I feel more comfortable evangelizing via the "AA" format. Attraction rather than promotion. If someone see's the way God's working in my life, they are going to either want it or they aren't. Only if they do am I willing to speak to them about religious matters. God wants people to get well (Imho) regardless of their religious view. After all, if he wanted them to die, i think he would just kill them off.

Upvote 0