Jesus Christ died for the elect

saintboniface

Jan 1, 2014
✟15,501.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I believe Christ died to infallibly save those that the Father entrusted to him (refered to by Christ many times). However, some Christians don't believe that.

I'm giving them golden opportunity to provide Bible verses that specifically say that Christ died for every single individual in the human race.

Please note:

-General wording doesn't count. Why? Because even specific wording wasn't counted as sufficient evidence for Limited Atonement in the other thread (such as I die for my sheep, not all are my sheep: conclusion - I don't die for all)

(hint: kosmos is a general word, because it has 10+ definitions. I need specific words!)

I need specific, verbatim verses that say Christ died, trying to save every single individual

It should be easy!

Go!

Trying to verbatim verses in the bible to prove anything is like trying to find a bible within 200 years of Christ's resurrection.

Upvote 0

Skala

I'm a Saint. Not because of me, but because of Him
Mar 15, 2011
✟27,869.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Trying to verbatim verses in the bible to prove anything is like trying to find a bible within 200 years of Christ's resurrection.

Thank you, your statement is exactly the point of the topic.

Nevertheless, many synergists/non-Calvinists/anti-Calvinists on these boards demand Calvinists to show them verbatim some of the doctrines Calvinists believe.

It is a nonsensical and unfair request.

Upvote 0

parsonsmom

Aug 14, 2011
✟8,318.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status

Greetings; Romans 10 say; But what does it say? “The word is near you; in your mouth and in your heart that is the word of faith which we preach: that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus; and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead; you will be saved For with the heart one believes unto righteousness; and with; the mouth confession is made unto salvation; For the Scripture says; Whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame; For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord over all is rich to all who call upon Him; For whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved. Shall is the strongest word in the English language.

Rev.22: 15-17 Blessed are those who do His commandments; that they may have the right to the tree of life; and may enter through the gates into the city; But outside are dogs and sorcerers and sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and whoever loves and practices a lie.

I, Jesus, have sent My angel to testify to you these things in the churches; I am the Root and the Offspring of David; the Bright and Morning Star; And the Spirit and the bride say;Come!” And let him who hears say, “Come!” And let him who thirsts come; Whoever desires; let him take the water of life freely.
Respectfully; Parsonsmom

Upvote 0

parsonsmom

Aug 14, 2011
✟8,318.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Just so you know, though, a noun isn't a verb. And vice versa. I thought most people knew that.

Greetings FreeGrace2; there are many words that are translated many different words; for example suffer is a word much misunderstood; King James
translates it like this; Matt.19:T 13-14; then were there brought unto him little children, that he should put his hands on them, and pray: and the disciples rebuked them. But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven. to us the word suffer denotes pain discomfort etc.
14 But Jesus said, “Let" Or allow; the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven. Knowing the difference is important.

Upvote 0

parsonsmom

Aug 14, 2011
✟8,318.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Anyone? I guess this is more of a focus on the atonement question, is it unlimited or limited? Can it be that God purposed the atonement to be universal, but only effectively applies salvation to the church?

Jesus is calling to every one that will come to Him.
Rev:22-17 And the Spirit and the bride say, “Come!” And let him who hears say, “Come!” And let him who thirsts come. Whoever desires, let him take the water of life freely.

John 6:37; All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will by no means cast out. Respectfully; Parsonsmom

Upvote 0