Not open for further replies.

Trigger

Jun 8, 2006
✟7,836.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Does it really matter what His skin color was?

Well, I dunno. Does it really matter what nationality Hitler was? All that matters is that he killed a bunch of Jews, right?

I'm not interested in Jesus' skin color because how I view him, his call, or his Father depends on it, I'm interested in being historically accurate, because dang it sometimes that's important.

Upvote 0

DOCPOW

Jun 27, 2006
✟7,613.00
Faith
Christian
It is sad how much racism is still present today, EVEN IN THE CHRISTIAN COMMUNITY! I just want to say that no one on this site knows what color the original jews were. Alot and I mean alot of poeple in this world however want to reduce the black race as being some kind of ignorant beast eating crub worms somewhere in the jungle. Who knows, the jews may have been originally dark skinned. For anyone to say that it is not a possibility that maybe who we call black people today were in the bible a little bit or maybe just maybe involved in the whole thing is truely racist at heart. I call them racist because I noticed that people just do not want to even consider Jesus as being a dark skinned man(not arab but african descent) I mean it's to the point of ANYTHING BUT AN AFRICAN. In closing I want to state that salvation is not based on race as we all know, but to say that their is no possibility what so ever that maybe some of them were black, is racist as I already stated before. My personal opinion is that the people you see today walking all around today are descendants of jews, all colors shapes and sizes. Heck according to scripture we ALL come from two people Adam and Eve

Upvote 0

YellowSapphire

Optimism Through Christ
May 18, 2006
✟16,023.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Private
I have no problem with the idea that Jesus might have been black. I just don't think the evidence supports that. How is that racist?

With modern views of Arabs as terrorists, can we assume that those who don't want to believe he was of olive complexion are bigots?

****ducking****

Upvote 0

airren1

Dec 17, 2004
✟317.00
Faith
Christian
YellowSapphire said:
I have no problem with the idea that Jesus might have been black. I just don't think the evidence supports that. How is that racist?

With modern views of Arabs as terrorists, can we assume that those who don't want to believe he was of olive complexion are bigots?

****ducking****
The term olive complexion has been grossly misunderstood. Olives come in two main colors, green, and black, and that is what olive complexioned means. For the record, I agree with you and I know Yahoshua was olive complexioned, black, HalleluYAH

Upvote 0

airren1

Dec 17, 2004
✟317.00
Faith
Christian
DOCPOW said:
It is sad how much racism is still present today, EVEN IN THE CHRISTIAN COMMUNITY! I just want to say that no one on this site knows what color the original jews were. Alot and I mean alot of poeple in this world however want to reduce the black race as being some kind of ignorant beast eating crub worms somewhere in the jungle. Who knows, the jews may have been originally dark skinned. For anyone to say that it is not a possibility that maybe who we call black people today were in the bible a little bit or maybe just maybe involved in the whole thing is truely racist at heart. I call them racist because I noticed that people just do not want to even consider Jesus as being a dark skinned man(not arab but african descent) I mean it's to the point of ANYTHING BUT AN AFRICAN. In closing I want to state that salvation is not based on race as we all know, but to say that their is no possibility what so ever that maybe some of them were black, is racist as I already stated before. My personal opinion is that the people you see today walking all around today are descendants of jews, all colors shapes and sizes. Heck according to scripture we ALL come from two people Adam and Eve
Contrary to what you have written, we can all know what color the true childrenof Israel are, and it is CERTAINLY not European. Life started in what is called Africa, and it all will end there. Learning what color Israel is, and the facts about their color is not hidden from any of us,all we have to do is line up scripture.

Isaiah 28:10 (KJV) For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little: ( precept means teaching, command, instruction)

Isaiah 28:13 (KJV) But the word of the LORD was unto them precept upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little; that they might go, and fall backward, and be broken, and snared, and taken.

Everything is there for us to know, and it just takes us to do the research. There is NO possible way Israel was white. When YHWH vreated man, HE made them in HIS image. Just like YHWH dwells in darkness and made it his secret place, reread first post, HE did the same with man when HE made them. HE breathed HIS spirit into the formed dirt of the ground, and made man.

IBy no means does your statement sound racist, and I am not asking anyone to just believe me blindly, because that would be unwise, but I am asking everyone who has an interest in learning the truth to take the time and research it. YHWH does not delight in lies, so if we are not worshipping in spirit AND truth, the worship becomes vain.

Proverbs 14:15 (KJV) The simple believeth every word: but the prudent man looketh well to his going.

Upvote 0

airren1

Dec 17, 2004
✟317.00
Faith
Christian
Trigger said:
Well, I dunno. Does it really matter what nationality Hitler was? All that matters is that he killed a bunch of Jews, right?

I'm not interested in Jesus' skin color because how I view him, his call, or his Father depends on it, I'm interested in being historically accurate, because dang it sometimes that's important.
Hitler was a Nazi that killed the Ashkenazi people who lie and call themselves "Jews", but are not. He was wrong for taking those lives, but the real holocaust were the millions of blacks that died during forced slavery, and history shows us that. I have always wondered how it is that the holocaust is looked at as such a tragedy, and the people are so pitied, when millions of blacks were hung, castrated, burned alive, tortured, raped, and forced into menial labor for hundreds of years with no compensation. Even after that, blacks have been degraded in every possible way, even to this day. They were a people always on the bottom rung of the social and economical ladder, and still are, and no wonder. When slavery was finally abolished, they were sent out with the clothes on their backs, and forced to take on menial jobs that barely supported their families, and then still they were looked down on because they had nothing. Where does the buck stop because this is ridiculous!!!! They received nothing, nothing for their hardships and then are expected to grin and bare it, just get up and pull themselves up by their boot straps and make it, that's unrealistic for the majority of blacks. The real victims in society are the blacks, and they endured the longest most brutal holocaust ever.

Revelation 3:9 (KJV) Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.

Revelation 2:9 (KJV) I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan.

Upvote 0

airren1

Dec 17, 2004
✟317.00
Faith
Christian
shamsweedo said:
I definitely don't believe Jesus was the pale, blue eyed guy we see in a lot of pictures. I really don't think he was black either. He was from the middle east so I would assume he would have looked like it.
If you'd take just a little time to do the research, you would learn that what is called the Middle East was parted from "Africa" by the Suez Canal, and YHWH will punish them for parting HIS land, and scattering HIS people.

Joel 3:2 (KJV) I will also gather all nations, and will bring them down into the valley of Jehoshaphat, and will plead with them there for my people and for my heritage Israel, whom they have scattered among the nations, and parted my land.

The original inhabitants of that land were also black,and the current occupants are a result of miscegenation with Europeans.

Let us understand a bit of science in all of this. What is impossible is for every nation in the world to descend from Europeans, which is one of the lightest nations of people. Black is the base color, and every other color comes from black. From black people came every nation we see today.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

airren1

Dec 17, 2004
✟317.00
Faith
Christian
YellowSapphire said:

****ducking****
You just don't want the evidence to support that, and that is what makes it racist. Why don't you take the time to do the research, or are you afraid of what you'd find out?

You are quick to say what the evidence supports, but yet you have posted no historical or scriptural evidence to the contrary. If we are to have a logical discussion about this, please present facts, and not opinions.

Upvote 0

airren1

Dec 17, 2004
✟317.00
Faith
Christian
Trigger said:
It's relevant to me. Wouldn't Jesus being black make the Passion of the Christ and any other media depicting Jesus as Caucasian/Arabic historically inaccurate? Let alone featuring Adam, Abraham, etc...

Not that it matters as far as people's salvation goes, but being historically accurate is important!

I haven't been able to discern any truth out of these arguments; if you're going to push forward the concept that Jesus was black, you have to give more sources than just scripture. Scripture was meant to be a spiritual counsel, not a history book. The fact that it lines up with history solidifies its integrity in the eyes of men, but it was not meant to be a historical reference book.

I looked up Ur and Chaldeans separately (although briefly) and found no immediate evidence that their ancestors had dark skin. Since I am not a historian and I don't have one on hand to ask, I can't pull anything useful out of that.

However, it makes sense to me that since Noah settled on Mt. Ararat, you'd need to go back at least that far to find anything conclusive. Also, looking on a map at Turkey and Ur, and seeing how far Ur is from Egypt, and taking into consideration that at least one of Noah's sons (or even he himself) took a different colored wife (otherwise different races wouldn't even make sense), Abraham could be any color by the time his family settled in Ur. Since lineage doesn't take into consideration skin color, only passing on the family heritage through male heirs, seems to me that even David's skin color could have been different from Noah's, or even Abraham's. So, does Jesus' bloodline being pure have anything to do at all with skin color in the first place?
Scripture alone IS enough to satify any answers that we may have about any matter, especially if we loved YHWH and trusted in HIS word. History is just that his-story, and has been heavily influenced by this corrupt world and system, but YHWH's word is pure and true.

As I have posted in another reply, we have to understand that YHWH himself lives in thick darkness and HE made men in HIS image. Furthermore, black is the base color for everything, and only from black does EVERY other color proceed, with white that is IMPOSSIBLE. You said you have done some research, howbeit short, but I encourage you to do tons of more research and you will be able to see this truth.

Upvote 0

airren1

Dec 17, 2004
✟317.00
Faith
Christian
Diven said:
airren1 ,
You can't make a claim and then expect everybody to accept it unless a disproof is provided. You haven't proven your point. You have found alot of scripture that is true, but it seems like you are just throwing out scripture to prove your point. Believing your argument requires a very specific interpretation of several verses, and that some of these verses share parallels with events that occured to black people. For me these verses don't point to the conclusion that you are making from them, alot of them seem out of context. (I always get a bit skeptical when only single verses are quoted).

So you are asking me to go against common perceptions, which have been held up by historians and anthropologist (who by have evidence which strongly goes against arabs or other medium skinned peoples being the result of interracial marriages).

But perhaps I am just being deceived. Please help me understand how this truth should affect the attitudes and actions of people in general, and how it should affect the attitudes and actions of black and of non-blacks.

Obviously if someone is unwilling to accept Jesus as being black because he's racist its an issue, but my and most people here's struggle is that they haven't been convinced.

It is important to note that black people through history have gone through much suffering, and are still struggling, both in Africa and in the States. But Hebrews and Jesus being black shouldn't change are call as christians to look after the needy and oppressed.
Post some scriptural or historical documentation that proves I am wrong, scriptural preferred because I believe in every word that comes out of the mouth of the FATHER. I am not presenting this information to cause chaos, but am merely presenting facts, whether you want to believe them or not. Everyone has something to say, but no way to disprove what I have stated, and that makes me wonder about your intentions. Understand this, the devil has deceived the world and it is him who rules this world currently, and not the FATHER. Think about it, that is why he told Yahoshua that if you do just one act of worship tp me, I will give you all of the kingdoms of the world. He could not have offered what was not his. Come out of this world and this false illusion. This world is built upon lies, and that is scriptural.

Upvote 0

airren1

Dec 17, 2004
✟317.00
Faith
Christian
Celticflower said:
airren1

Forgive me for saying this but....

Your posts throughout this thread sound like the mirror image of a white supremist using scripture to "convince" people that Jesus was white and that there is Biblical "proof" supporting the idea of black skinned people as being not worthy of much of anything.

Actually, instead of convincing me of your position, you have bored me to an almost comatose state.

Jesus was not white and he was not black. In all probability he was olive skinned, but it really doesn't make any difference. He could have been pink with purple stars if that was the prevelent skin type of the people he was born to. It does not take away from or add to the importance of who He was/is or what He did.
You are obsessing over a trivial matter. Study less to find the color of the man and more to find the teachings of His heart.
Who am I to hold grudges when the FATHER has told me that I must forgive anyone that trespasses against me...you are forgiven.

It's not my fault if the truth has bored you, all those who worship the FATHER must worship in spirit and truth.

Here I go repeating myself again, but I'll do it for you. Olives are two main colors, green and black, so I do agree with you there, Yahoshua was olive-skinned, and we know people aren't green.

Truth does hurt, and if you cared you would try to see the truth.

Debating with you guys is pointless for two reasons, you all say the same thing, and you never have anything substantial to back up your claims that I am lying. The only person who has lied to you has been the devil, but you have choosen to believe that and his world. YHWH does not lie, and every word that HE says is true.

The difference with me and white supremacists is that they have no evidence to suport their claims, neither scriptural, nor historical.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

zaire

Oct 5, 2004
✟2,403.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
airren1 said:
If you'd take just a little time to do the research, you would learn that what is called the Middle East was parted from "Africa" by the Suez Canal, and YHWH will punish them for parting HIS land, and scattering HIS people.
What is this about?

The French started making the Suez Canal in 1858, then the British took control of it and they completed it in 1869.

How does the making of this canal have anything to do with the scattering of the 13 tribes of Israel?

Also you say that the Egyptions were black. This is interesting claim. What year did the Egyptions leave Egypt? And how do explain all the evidence that exists that tells us the Egyptions had same colour of skin as the arab people?

Upvote 0

airren1

Dec 17, 2004
✟317.00
Faith
Christian
bytheway said:
What is this about?

The French started making the Suez Canal in 1858, then the British took control of it and they completed it in 1869.

How does the making of this canal have anything to do with the scattering of the 13 tribes of Israel?

Also you say that the Egyptions were black. This is interesting claim. What year did the Egyptions leave Egypt? And how do explain all the evidence that exists that tells us the Egyptions had same colour of skin as the arab people?
Another empty claim, which no proof. Egyptians are the sons of Mizraim, which is the sons of Ham, Gen 10, and EVERY bible scholar and historical scholar will tell you that Ham is without a doubt BLACK. See, that is where it came back to bite them in the butt. The supposed curse of Ham, but of course Ham wasn't cursed but his son Canaan.He was cursed to be a servant of servants, furthermore, it was Canaan's land that YHWH took and gave to the Israelites. They were indeed servants of servants when Israelites came and took their land, Israel who had come out of bondage from the Egyptians.

There is absolutely no evidence that exists that shows that Egyptians were any color other than black. That is why when Alexander the great went into Egypt, he was so mad because the pyramids, tombs, and sphinx showed black faces. Do you know why most of the ancient monument have no noses adn mouthes today, it is because he cast them down, which is also prophecied in scripture, because our brethren, the Egyptians have come to worship the one and only YHWH,

Leviticus 26:30 (KJV) And I will destroy your high places, and cut down your images, and cast your carcases upon the carcases of your idols, and my soul shall abhor you.

Ezekiel 6:4 (KJV) And your altars shall be desolate, and your images shall be broken: and I will cast down your slain men before your idols.

Isaiah 19:21-24 (KJV) 21 And the LORD shall be known to Egypt, and the Egyptians shall know the LORD in that day, and shall do sacrifice and oblation; yea, they shall vow a vow unto the LORD, and perform it. 22 And the LORD shall smite Egypt: he shall smite and heal it: and they shall return even to the LORD, and he shall be intreated of them, and shall heal them. 23 In that day shall there be a highway out of Egypt to Assyria, and the Assyrian shall come into Egypt, and the Egyptian into Assyria, and the Egyptians shall serve with the Assyrians. 24 In that day shall Israel be the third with Egypt and with Assyria, even a blessing in the midst of the land:

Isaiah 19:25 (KJV) Whom the LORD of hosts shall bless, saying, Blessed be Egypt my people, and Assyria the work of my hands, and Israel mine inheritance.

Find me one place in YHWH's word, not man's that says there are 13 tribes. I have never heard that in all my life, from neither man, or the ultimate authority, scripture.

Anyways, it is the same people who parted the land that are responsible for scattering YHWH's people, and that is what makes him angry. Even history can show you who was the major player in the slave trade.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.