Jesus, A Black Man?

Status
Not open for further replies.

airren1

Dec 17, 2004
✟317.00
Faith
Christian
Right on the heels of the Davinci Code, the upcoming film The Cross is sparking widespread controversy. The Cross portrays a black man as the Messiah, which is definitely a departure from the white Jesus that most of us are used to seeing. Let us go to scripture to find the answer to this question.

This information is not intended to create feelings of supremacy, but to enlighten. It is not of my own opinion, but scripturally based. We do well to remember that all who worship the Most High Creator in spirit and truth and keep the commandments are welcome into the covenant of YHWH.

Why is it important to understand what color was Jesus, whose proper name is Yahoshua, because it helps us identify his people Israel whom he was sent for salvation, and it helps us understand prophecy. Salvation is of Israel, and Yahoshua was sent only to Israel,
Matthew 15:24 (KJV)But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
John 4:22 (KJV)Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.

It is beyond dispute that Yahoshua is a black man, just like all of the true Hebrews. This fact can be found in scripture several times. In Song of Songs(or Solomon), he himself tells us the children of Israel are black, himself being one writes, I am black, 1:5, and in Job 30:30, he also states his skin is black, and he is also a Hebrew. Further proof of the color of true Israel can be found in Jer. 14:2, where he writes they are black unto the ground, speaking of skin color, but that can be argued reasonably. Lam.4:8,
Lamentations 4:8 (KJV)Their visage is blacker than a coal; they are not known in the streets: their skin cleaveth to their bones; it is withered, it is become like a stick.
Visage means face, look it up.

Lam. 5:10, also tells the color of the ancient Israelites,
Lamentations 5:10 (KJV)Our skin was black like an oven because of the terrible famine.
It is a fact that the skin of a balck person becomes darker during severe famine, and the skin of a white person becomes pale.

Furthermore, we must look at every fact available and be objective. Egypt(Kemet or Mizraim) is and has always been a part of Africa. Africa was renamed after its founder, and was properly called Kush, and renamed Ethiopia by Europeans.It is the land of black people. Before the Suez Canal was built in the 1800s, Egypt was connected to Africa, and then the Gentiles (white people) separated it in their attempt to claim their great ancient glory and heritage,
Joel 3:2 (KJV) I will also gather all nations, and will bring them down into the valley of Jehoshaphat, and will plead with them there for my people and for my heritage Israel, whom they have scattered among the nations, and parted my land.

and to deceive the world concerning the true children of Israel,
Psalms 83:1-5 (KJV) 1 Keep not thou silence, O God: hold not thy peace, and be not still, O God. 2 For, lo, thine enemies make a tumult: and they that hate thee have lifted up the head. 3 They have taken crafty counsel against thy people, and consulted against thy hidden ones. 4 They have said, Come, and let us cut them off from being a nation; that the name of Israel may be no more in remembrance. 5 For they have consulted together with one consent: they are confederate against thee:

It was in Egypt where Joseph, a Hebrew, who was sold by his brothers, was when a famine came. Egypt was a great land of black pharaohs and queens, which is an historical fact although their images were cast down,
Leviticus 26:30 (KJV) And I will destroy your high places, and cut down your images, and cast your carcases upon the carcases of your idols, and my soul shall abhor you.

When Joseph's brothers who had sold him went down into Egypt because of the famine in Canaan, they could not tell their brother, a Hebrew, from the native Egyptians Gen 42:7-8. All of Gen. 42, 43, 44 shows this to be true. The Hebrews were often mistaken for Egyptians, Gen. 50:11 Exo. 2:19, Acts 21:38.

Moreover, only black people fit every curse which was put upon Israel as a sign and a wonder in Lev. 26, and Deut. 28,
Deuteronomy 28:45-46 (KJV)45 Moreover all these curses shall come upon thee, and shall pursue thee, and overtake thee, till thou be destroyed; because thou hearkenedst not unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to keep his commandments and his statutes which he commanded thee: 46 And they shall be upon thee for a sign and for a wonder, and upon thy seed for ever.

Israel is prophesied to be the greatest nation on earth if they listen to YHWH, but the most poor, oppressed, people on earth, and a reproach to the nations, if they do not listen to YHWH. The Creator also tells us,
Ecclesiastes 1:9 (KJV) The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.

Ecclesiastes 3:15 (KJV)That which hath been is now; and that which is to be hath already been; and God requireth that which is past.

This helps us understand the parallels found throughout history. Israel was in captivity 400 years in Egypt, which was their first great captivity, and 400 years in a strange land, America, which was their last great captivity, but they suffered many captivities in between due to their disobedience.
Deuteronomy 28:68 (KJV)And the LORD shall bring thee into Egypt again with ships, by the way whereof I spake unto thee, Thou shalt see it no more again: and there ye shall be sold unto your enemies for bondmen and bondwomen, and no man shall buy you.

Here the Creator tells us that Israel would go into Egypt, which is symbolic for hard bondage, with ships. Who besides the black people went into captivity by ships? We know that just as Israel walked into and out of literal Egypt the first time, they did not need a ship. Although the sea was parted during their departure from slavery in literal Egypt, it was done as a sign, and to destroy the Egyptians in pursuit of them. It is important to read the entire chapter to understand the intensity of the blessings and curses put upon Israel for their disobedience. Because the Almighty said all of these curses must fall upon Israel, we must look for a people who have experienced them all, and still experience them all.

Further proof of the color of Israel can be found in Ex.4:6-7, where as a sign Moses hand was turned leprous, which means white, then back to it's natural skin color.

Exodus 4:6-7 (KJV) 6And the LORD said furthermore unto him, Put now thine hand into thy bosom. And he put his hand into his bosom: and when he took it out, behold, his hand was leprous as snow. 7 And he said, Put thine hand into thy bosom again. And he put his hand into his bosom again; and plucked it out of his bosom, and, behold, it was turned again as his other flesh.

Leprosy is the only skin disease that affected skin color and was used as a curse and as a miraculous sign. In Num. 12, the entire chapter, this concept is written clear as day. Here it is in part,
Numbers 12:10-13 (KJV) 10 And the cloud departed from off the tabernacle; and, behold, Miriam became leprous, white as snow: and Aaron looked upon Miriam, and, behold, she was leprous. 11 And Aaron said unto Moses, Alas, my lord, I beseech thee, lay not the sin upon us, wherein we have done foolishly, and wherein we have sinned. 12Let her not be as one dead, of whom the flesh is half consumed when he cometh out of his mother's womb. 13 And Moses cried unto the LORD, saying, Heal her now, O God, I beseech thee.

It says that Miriam was turned leprous, white as snow, and we all know that no one is literally white like snow, not even an albino. Human skin can only become so white. Gehazi is another biblical person who was turned white for his trespass against the Most High,
2 Kings 5:27 (KJV) The leprosy therefore of Naaman shall cleave unto thee, and unto thy seed for ever. And he went out from his presence a leper as white as snow.

The Most High himself lives in thick darkness,
Exodus 20:21 (KJV)And the people stood afar off, and Moses drew near unto the thick darkness where God was.

Deuteronomy 5:22 (KJV)These words the LORD spake unto all your assembly in the mount out of the midst of the fire, of the cloud, and of the thick darkness, with a great voice: and he added no more. And he wrote them in two tables of stone, and delivered them unto me.

1 Kings 8:12 (KJV)Then spake Solomon, The LORD said that he would dwell in the thick darkness.

Psalms 18:11 (KJV) He made darkness his secret place; his pavilion round about him were dark waters and thick clouds of the skies.

Psalms 83:4 (KJV) They have taken crafty counsel against your people, and consulted against your hidden ones.

This is just the beginning of understanding the color of Yahoshua. There is undeniable scriptural proof that not just Yahoshua, but the authentic children of Israel as a whole are a black, woolly-haired nation.

Revelation 2:9 (KJV) I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan.
Revelation 3:9 (KJV) Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.

The people who claim to be Jews or Israel are in fact descendants of a Gentile people from whom their name Ashkenazi is taken,
Genesis 10:1-3 (KJV) 1Now these are the generations of the sons of Noah, Shem, Ham, and Japheth: and unto them were sons born after the flood. 2 The sons of Japheth; Gomer, and Magog, and Madai, and Javan, and Tubal, and Meshech, and Tiras. 3 And the sons of Gomer; Ashkenaz, and Riphath, and Togarmah. 4 And the sons of Javan; Elishah, and Tarshish, Kittim, and Dodanim. 5By these were the isles of the Gentiles divided in their lands; every one after his tongue, after their families, in their nations.

There can be no so-called anti-semitism against those who are not the true children of Israel. If we want to be technical, they are anti-semitic against the true black children of Israel.

The facts are that every old church, even those in Europe, have very old statues which portray Yahoshua and his mother as black people. These artifacts have never been destroyed because of their sacred value, but have been long retired in an effort to support a false sense of white supremacy.

If we want to be righteous people, it is time that we stand up for the truth and accept it. How can one love a lie and love GOD? Truly the devil has deceived the world, and we must choose what we want to believe, but there is only one truth, and one way,
Revelation 12:9 (KJV) And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

Of course, many people are going to refute this, and that is fine, but let scripture speak for itself. If anyone can show how any other nation of people fit all of these curses as is prophesied in scripture Deut. 28, Lev. 26, please do not hesitate to post the facts. Tell me one other nation of people who went into captivity by ship, most oppressed, locked up Isa. 42:22, and despised people above all others.

HalleluYah
The truth shall set us free

airren1

Dec 17, 2004
✟317.00
Faith
Christian
Angeldove97 said:
I would suspect he was Middle Eastern... had darker features than the white male we have Him looking like today. Race is never an issue in the Church though, we're all equal Brothers and Sisters. ^_^
There is no such thing as the "Middle East". That is only something man has created to enhance the delusion. Egypt, Iraq,Iran, and all the other countries that are referred to an the "Middle East" are simply parts of Africa. The original people of that land were the same color as the original people of Africa, but has been lighted by centries of miscegenation. Look on any map and you will realize that the so-called "Middle East" is on the continent of Africa. There are seven continents, period. If we took Europe, and built a canal to divide the land, then decided to disassociate that section with the rest of the continent does not make it any less a European country. The so called "Middle Eastern countries are nothing more than African countries. Think about it...

No disrespect sister, but so-called race has always been an issue in the church and everywhere else. Where have you been???

Upvote 0

gts

Apr 25, 2006
✟7,648.00
Faith
Christian
airren1 said:
There is no such thing as the "Middle East". That is only something man has created to enhance the delusion. Egypt, Iraq,Iran, and all the other countries that are referred to an the "Middle East" are simply parts of Africa. The original people of that land were the same color as the original people of Africa, but has been lighted by centries of miscegenation. Look on any map and you will realize that the so-called "Middle East" is on the continent of Africa. There are seven continents, period. If we took Europe, and built a canal to divide the land, then decided to disassociate that section with the rest of the continent does not make it any less a European country. The so called "Middle Eastern countries are nothing more than African countries. Think about it...

No disrespect sister, but so-called race has always been an issue in the church and everywhere else. Where have you been???
?

The term "Middle East" is being use to refer to a region of the world in the modern day.

Another thing, there is not a Continent called "Middle East." The "Middle East" is part of the Continent of Asia, not Africa.

BTW, Jesus was not white or black, in the sense referred to in this thread, but rather he was Israeli, looked like an Israelite, which I assure you is very similar to how Israelite's look now.

Upvote 0

DiscoFrank

Christian Forums Resident Beach Bum
Nov 20, 2005
Bangor, Northern Ireland
✟18,231.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
In Relationship
ok if we're being technical Jesus lved in the Ancient Near East which included the areas of Syria and Palestine and spread as far round as Egypt. This is similar to today's "Middle East" which is certainly not part of Africa, if anything it is part of Asia. Anyway, back in the 1st century there was no concept of continents and the world as we know it. The world was the roman empire. Jesus could have been white. His mum could have lived in the greek Decapolis which was not far from where scholars reckon Nazareth to have been based. He could have been from North Africa (eg Simon Of Cyrene) which may suggest a black Jesus. Or he could be an Israelite, descended from the line of David as the Gospel accounts suiggest, living in his homeland, looking pretty similar to modern dwellers of the middle east area.

Who knows?

And as for race... It's not an issue in my church, and it certainly wasn't and issue in my church when I lived in Zimbabwe. The church is for all believers. Race should not be an issue.

Upvote 0

Maccie

Jul 3, 2004
NW England, UK
✟1,939.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You need to look at your map again, brother! The whole of the landmass, which includes Europe, Asia and Africa is one mass. Only N. and S. America are not joined to any other continents. And that has come about only recently, as the Aleutian Islands once joined North America and what is now Russia.

I'll grant you that the Red Sea nearly divides the Europe/Asian landmass, from Africa, but it doesn't quite do that. In any case, even if there wasn't any Red Sea, Israel, Syria, Jordan etc. would still not be in Africa.

I think perhaps you need to brush up your Geography!

Upvote 0

airren1

Dec 17, 2004
✟317.00
Faith
Christian
DiscoFrank said:
ok if we're being technical Jesus lved in the Ancient Near East which included the areas of Syria and Palestine and spread as far round as Egypt. This is similar to today's "Middle East" which is certainly not part of Africa, if anything it is part of Asia. Anyway, back in the 1st century there was no concept of continents and the world as we know it. The world was the roman empire. Jesus could have been white. His mum could have lived in the greek Decapolis which was not far from where scholars reckon Nazareth to have been based. He could have been from North Africa (eg Simon Of Cyrene) which may suggest a black Jesus. Or he could be an Israelite, descended from the line of David as the Gospel accounts suiggest, living in his homeland, looking pretty similar to modern dwellers of the middle east area.

Who knows?

And as for race... It's not an issue in my church, and it certainly wasn't and issue in my church when I lived in Zimbabwe. The church is for all believers. Race should not be an issue.
The point is it is without doubt that Yahoshua and all of the Israelites are black people. Did you read the entire post? If so please give some scriptural evidence to refute what I have written. Lean not on your own understanding Hoshea 13:2, Pro. 3:5, but by the mouth of two or three witnesses Num.35:30, Deut. 19:15, Matt 18:16, let every word be established. It makes no sense how many people have something to say, but speak of their own hearts without using scripture for evidence. White skin in the biblical days was called leprosy, and considered a sin Num. 12, and scripture, not me, but scripture shows the color of Israel, and they did not have leprosy. People were not brown as many would like to believe, but black, just like all of the true Israelites then and now. YHWH has made darkness HIS secret place, and calls black people his hidden ones, Psa. 18:11, Psa. 83:3-4. Those who have eyes to see, see. Those who have ears to hear, listen.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

airren1

Dec 17, 2004
✟317.00
Faith
Christian
Maccie said:
You need to look at your map again, brother! The whole of the landmass, which includes Europe, Asia and Africa is one mass. Only N. and S. America are not joined to any other continents. And that has come about only recently, as the Aleutian Islands once joined North America and what is now Russia.

I'll grant you that the Red Sea nearly divides the Europe/Asian landmass, from Africa, but it doesn't quite do that. In any case, even if there wasn't any Red Sea, Israel, Syria, Jordan etc. would still not be in Africa.

I think perhaps you need to brush up your Geography!
Let us get even more technical because ALL of the continents were thought to be connected prior to the flood. The fact remains that life began in what is now known as Africa, which is the land of black people. Adam and eve were black, because YHWH lives in darkness, and that is a scriptural fact,
Exodus 20:21 (KJV) And the people stood afar off, and Moses drew near unto the thick darkness where God was.
Deuteronomy 5:22 (KJV) These words the LORD spake unto all your assembly in the mount out of the midst of the fire, of the cloud, and of the thick darkness, with a great voice: and he added no more. And he wrote them in two tables of stone, and delivered them unto me.
1 Kings 8:12 (KJV) Then spake Solomon, YHWH said that he would dwell in the thick darkness.
Psalms 18:11 (KJV) He made darkness his secret place; his pavilion round about him were dark waters and thick clouds of the skies.

and black people are his hidden ones, because darkness is HIS secret place. I don't ask anyone to just believe me, but research all things yourself. In doing so you are bound to find the deception and lies. Ask and it will given, seek and you shall find, knock and it will be opened to you. People tend to read this and ask for money, cars, and things not of the FATHER, but HE gives wisdom to all who asks. Think about it...

Upvote 0

airren1

Dec 17, 2004
✟317.00
Faith
Christian
Everyone is so quick to jump on the defense to believe the great deception that they are not taking the time to look anything up. Research and I can assure you that what you will learn will be astounding. The truth is deeper than you think. Furthermore, every word that I speak pertaining to any scriptural topics will be backed up with scripture, or else, it just comes out of my heart. I just ask that you do the same. Opinions of man are vain(meaning profitless), just give me the facts.

Upvote 0

airren1

Dec 17, 2004
✟317.00
Faith
Christian
gts said:
?

The term "Middle East" is being use to refer to a region of the world in the modern day.

Another thing, there is not a Continent called "Middle East." The "Middle East" is part of the Continent of Asia, not Africa.

BTW, Jesus was not white or black, in the sense referred to in this thread, but rather he was Israeli, looked like an Israelite, which I assure you is very similar to how Israelite's look now.
Prove it. Have you done any research to understand who those imposters are in Israel? I'd doubt it very much by what you have written. Apparently you haven't read the first post in its entirety, and with scripture, even your own. Like I keep saying, don't believe me blindly, only a silly person would do that, but research and you will learn. Anyone who is truthful and wants to worship the FATHER in spirit and truth can if they just ask HIM.

Those people who claim to be Israel are converts who descend from a barbaric tribe called the Khazars, and they are children of Japheth who are Gentiles. Even their own people acknowledge that. If you put your defenses down, even a little and ask the MOST HIGH through Yahoshua to guide you in this wisdom, it will be opened.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

airren1

Dec 17, 2004
✟317.00
Faith
Christian
tapero said:
Just for the record, there are black Jews...
I'm not talking about the people who have converted to the religion of Judaism. I am speaking on the true Hebrew Israelites of the scriptures. The ones who lost their heritage and identity through captivity. Judaism is a manmade religion.

Understand that a Jew in scriptures usually refers to the tribe of Judah, one of the twelve sons of Jacob who was renamed Israel after he wrestled with the messenger, Gen 32. All of the children of Israel were not referred to as "Jews", but each was called by their father's house, i.e. Benjamites, Levites, Danites, etc. That is why we hear about the 10 lost tribes.

Anyways, the people who live in the manmade state of Israel calls themselves Israeli and not Israelites for a reason. Read all of my 1st post5, with scripture, plus the entire book of Ezekiel,, and do some research, and then tell me that the people over in the state of Israel that call themselves "Jews" are who they claim to be, Rev 2:9, 3:9. Ask the FATHER for truth on this issue because HE will show you, if you really want the truth.

Upvote 0

airren1

Dec 17, 2004
✟317.00
Faith
Christian
Middlemoor said:
The scripture doesn't convince me that Jesus was black. In fact, I don't think all of those quotations are a reference to skin colour.
Well, tell me what you think then, because it clearly says skin.

Proverbs 3:5
Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

Proverbs 15:32
He that refuseth instruction despiseth his own soul: but he that heareth reproof getteth understanding.

Proverbs 28:11
The rich man is wise in his own conceit; but the poor that hath understanding searcheth him out.

Don't forget to use some scripture though! Opinions don't count.

Upvote 0

Maccie

Jul 3, 2004
NW England, UK
✟1,939.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Your post, above, was talking in the present tense. That is, you were saying that the "Middle East" IS part of Africa. No, it isn't, not today.

If you want to talk about billions of years ago, then use the past tense. But you would still be wrong.

Gondwanaland and other landmasses existed, and split, long before man appeared. However, the Aleutian islands across the bering Strait provided a land corridor for Norther America to be populated by man.

But all this is mere triviality. What does it matter what colour Jesus was? Why should it bother you? He is, or can be, Lord of each and every man and woman, whatever their race or colour. Race and colour have absolutely nothing to do with salvation.

Are you saying that because you think Jesus is black, he is not the saviour of white, or other non-black races?

If so, that is heresy. Exactly as it would be if someone said because Jesus is white he is not the saviour of black races.

Upvote 0

airren1

Dec 17, 2004
✟317.00
Faith
Christian
Maccie said:
Your post, above, was talking in the present tense. That is, you were saying that the "Middle East" IS part of Africa. No, it isn't, not today.

If you want to talk about billions of years ago, then use the past tense. But you would still be wrong.

Gondwanaland and other landmasses existed, and split, long before man appeared. However, the Aleutian islands across the bering Strait provided a land corridor for Norther America to be populated by man.

But all this is mere triviality. What does it matter what colour Jesus was? Why should it bother you? He is, or can be, Lord of each and every man and woman, whatever their race or colour. Race and colour have absolutely nothing to do with salvation.

Are you saying that because you think Jesus is black, he is not the saviour of white, or other non-black races?

If so, that is heresy. Exactly as it would be if someone said because Jesus is white he is not the saviour of black races.
I don't think Yahoshua was black, but it is a fact. I used to think he was white too, until I came into the knowledge by the grace and mercy of the FATHER, HalleluYAH.

I would never say that people with other skin colors can not be saved through Yahoshua, that would be blasphemous. Everyone who worships the FATHER in spirit and truth, through the son can gain salvation.

Of course it matters what color Israel is because they are the most reproached people on the earth and people hate them so much. If they are hated, how many people of the caucasoid persuasion can accept the black Messiah who came to save his people and open the door to them? I know people who would rather have all of their toes removed 1 by 1 rather than admit the truth about the Messiah's color. Every fact is important and how are we going to worship the FATHER in spirit and truth if we don't know it? Truth is vital for salvation. Everyone that loves the MOST HIGH should hate a lie and workl to spread truth. Seek the knowledge.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.