James White or Rick Warren, who should repent?

Whom should repent?

• James White

• Rick Warren

• Neither

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

preacher4truth

Jesus saved me.
Nov 26, 2014
✟18,670.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I am not a RCC supporter, but I found your comments here to lack veracity. You have made your own statements about RCC teaching as assertions. Without verification from the Papacy or the RCC, these are your assertions.

Why don't you obtain these teachings from the RCC and provide links to your sources?

These are well known facts, and having come from RCC among my own family we are well aware of the teachings.

Now, are you denying prayers to Mary are part of the system? Are you denying the pope being seen as God on earth? Are you denying the practices of idolatry within the RCC?

One reason I won't give any RC an argument is due to the fact that when you do give clear evidence from their own documents, history &c they will still deny their own practices. One for instance asked me to provide evidence of support for prayers to saints and Mary from the RCC. I provided substantial documented evidence from the RCC system itself only to have him hem haw around and deny what the RCC teaches, and, what he in fact practices himself.

There are enough facts to support their errors within their own works and by their very own practices as well. Surely you can find some sources via Google?

Providing these facts online wouldn't suffice because frankly when they are provided even the plain facts are fought against, denied &c. I'm fairly certain that wouldn't change in the course of our own personal dialogue here.

Upvote 0

OzSpen

Oct 15, 2005
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
Visit site
✟132,843.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
These are well known facts, and having come from RCC among my own family we are well aware of the teachings.

Now, are you denying prayers to Mary are part of the system? Are you denying the pope being seen as God on earth? Are you denying the practices of idolatry within the RCC?

One reason I won't give any RC an argument is due to the fact that when you do give clear evidence from their own documents, history &c they will still deny their own practices. One for instance asked me to provide evidence of support for prayers to saints and Mary from the RCC. I provided substantial documented evidence from the RCC system itself only to have him hem haw around and deny what the RCC teaches, and, what he in fact practices himself.

There are enough facts to support their errors within their own works and by their very own practices as well. Surely you can find some sources via Google?

Providing these facts online wouldn't suffice because frankly when they are provided even the plain facts are fought against, denied &c. I'm fairly certain that wouldn't change in the course of our own personal dialogue here.

On a public forum like this one, it is your responsibility to document the RCC doctrines and provide links to RCC sources that support such doctrine.

Upvote 0

skypair

Mar 7, 2013
Texas
✟468.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Recently Dr. James White released a trio of videos calling Rick Warren to repent of his apparent embracing of the RCC's pope. So who is correct? Who should repent?
*addendum*
Please feel free to vote in the above poll.
Both! Far as I can tell, they both preach the same gospel.

skypair

Upvote 0

South Bound

I stand with Israel.
Jan 3, 2014
✟31,159.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Recently Dr. James White released a trio of videos calling Rick Warren to repent of his apparent embracing of the RCC's pope. So who is correct? Whom should repent?

Rick Warren's Capitulation to Rome: http://youtu.be/GjhsEH-px4Y

More on Rick Warren's Capitulation to Rome: http://youtu.be/FfOfKUujVJo

Our Pope, Rick Warren?: http://youtu.be/9T0N1rtvxEc

*addendum*
Please feel free to vote in the above poll.

I have about twenty episodes of The Dividing Line and dozens of sermons by White on my ipod. I haven't heard anything specific that would make me call him to repentance.

Warren, on the other hand, is a doctrinal train wreck.

Both we are not to call out people that way but to do it in private

Were in scripture are we told to criticize public sin and false teachers in private?

Good question. What would you say?

I believe we should go well beyond the OP question, and this in no way is to trivialize that question. The pope is to be considered God on earth, or in the place of God Almighty.

Yes, this is a principle known in Catholicism as alter christus.

Nonetheless those in the Catholic religion not only deny the verity of this but they also will readily deny the idolatrous practices within their religion and will in turn deny as well their prayers to saints, Mary &c which are sanctioned by their church while proof of this will be denied as well.

Just go over to the Catholic forums here and you will see prayers to Mary and other dead people and even Michael the Archangel.

That's fallacious enough for me with the OP and other errors aside.[/quote]

On another forum, several Catholics flat out called me a liar for pointing out that Catholicism teaches that sinners go to Purgatory to expiate their own sins.

I provided not one, not two, not even three, but four Catholic sources, including the Catechism of the Catholic Church, that said that the purpose of Purgatory is for sinners to expiate their own sin and they then told me that I was getting my information from "anti-Catholic hate sites".

((Note to mods: I am not saying that Catholics are not Christians.))
Both! Far as I can tell, they both preach the same gospel.

skypair

James White and Rick Warren preach the same gospel???

Do the Rolling Stones and Lawrence Welk play the same music, too?

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I would love to, but one way or another, one of these teachers is teaching something incorrect, and potentially could be drawing people from Christ.

False doctrines float around like leaves in the wind. We can choose to either listen or not.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.