James White or Rick Warren, who should repent?

Whom should repent?

• James White

• Rick Warren

• Neither

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Minister

New Year, Still Old School!
May 8, 2012
✟29,999.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Recently Dr. James White released a trio of videos calling Rick Warren to repent of his apparent embracing of the RCC's pope. So who is correct? Whom should repent?

Rick Warren's Capitulation to Rome: http://youtu.be/GjhsEH-px4Y

More on Rick Warren's Capitulation to Rome: http://youtu.be/FfOfKUujVJo

Our Pope, Rick Warren?: http://youtu.be/9T0N1rtvxEc

*addendum*
Please feel free to vote in the above poll.

Last edited:

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I would love to, but one way or another, one of these teachers is teaching something incorrect, and potentially could be drawing people from Christ.
Yes, doctrine is what people declare to be true. When it's about Biblical doctrine, it's supremely important.

Upvote 0
N

NannaNae

REV says

Rev 22:11
He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.

this is his last instructions. I wonder when we are to start this?
where we let them do what they will do.
and we do only what HE and his Father is doing?

Upvote 0

mikedsjr

Master Newbie
Aug 7, 2014
Fort Worth,Tx
✟17,192.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Both we are not to call out people that way but to do it in private, the pope is also wrong and to support him is not good, I support Him and not men who are sinful buy their own nature.
Call out in what way? I may or may not agree depending on what you mean by how he is calling him out.

Also, where in Scripture are we to take an issue in private?

Upvote 0

preacher4truth

Jesus saved me.
Nov 26, 2014
✟18,670.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Both we are not to call out people that way but to do it in private, the pope is also wrong and to support him is not good, I support Him and not men who are sinful buy their own nature.

In the case of Matthew 18 yes. In other cases no. Paul called out others by name, Hymenaeus, Philetus, Alexander, pointing out their sin publicly and in Scriptures. Note the wording of 1 Timothy 5:20, and also pay attention to the wording of 2 Timothy 4:2 as in actual preaching there is open rebuke. There are more Scriptures to support this truth.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I would love to, but one way or another, one of these teachers is teaching something incorrect, and potentially could be drawing people from Christ.
not just potentially. all the way back in the 1940's billy g was chastised for the same reason(he got in bed spiritually way back then, as he has publicly in the last 2 decades) with a world deceiver) by men of God from one or more bible churches. he was warned about the evil direction he was going and he never repented, and billions have likewise since been deceived.
it is devastating when people are taken by wolves, and also when people won't listen to truth because they associated what they see and know is wrong with all discussion about Jesus or Scripture and don't differentiate.

Upvote 0

preacher4truth

Jesus saved me.
Nov 26, 2014
✟18,670.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Recently Dr. James White released a trio of videos calling Rick Warren to repent of his apparent embracing of the RCC's pope. So who is correct? Whom should repent?

Rick Warren's Capitulation to Rome: http://youtu.be/GjhsEH-px4Y

More on Rick Warren's Capitulation to Rome: http://youtu.be/FfOfKUujVJo

Our Pope, Rick Warren?: http://youtu.be/9T0N1rtvxEc

*addendum*
Please feel free to vote in the above poll.

Part of the problem is that taking a stance for truth and rebuking sin, false doctrine &c is seen as not being PC and not being 'loving'. This shows how unlike Christ the church actually is and how little many actually know about Him, Scripture, doctrine &c.

Upvote 0
A

Awaken4Christ

Who Should Repent

[ ] Rick Warren
[ ] James White
[x] Everyone

Oh you mean for this particular topic? Well... I think both need to repent, let me explain. First of all Rick Warren was certainly appealing to similarities that don't have to do with Christ being the center of the gospel. In one part, he mentions that both groups believe are co-workers in keeping the sanctity of marriage... that sounds like he is claiming unity under the law...And we know how far that will get us. I am sure there are Muslims that believe in the sanctity of marriage too. He also said that both believe in salvation through Christ. But is there more understanding to that? Since he was giving a sort of corporate approval of the RCC, I think he promoted an institution of man more than God.

James 2:19
"You believe that God is one; you do well. Even the demons believe—and shudder!"

The bible makes it clear there is a level of genuineness when it uses the word "believe". Since the bible states there are different levels of belief, what is the significance in Rick Warren saying that both groups believe in salvation through Christ?

There are many things to point to in this world but there are really only 2 things, you either point to destruction, or you point to Jesus. If you point to peace, its not enough, if you point to unity, its not enough. Preach the center of the Gospel and let the chips fall as they may.

Oh, as for James White, his language about the priests salvation was a little too absolute. God can save people in the midst of what one might call a heretical church. Now will they stay in that church if they are saved....I wouldn't think so, but maybe under stress or ignorance.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Part of the problem is that taking a stance for truth and rebuking sin, false doctrine &c is seen as not being PC and not being 'loving'. This shows how unlike Christ the church actually is and how little many actually know about Him, Scripture, doctrine &c.
In the end it's not a matter of personalities but of Biblical doctrine. And some people clearly point people to Biblical doctrine and some regrettably point away from it.

Upvote 0

preacher4truth

Jesus saved me.
Nov 26, 2014
✟18,670.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
In the end it's not a matter of personalities but of Biblical doctrine. And some people clearly point people to Biblical doctrine and some regrettably point away from it.

Agreed. This Biblical stance is not popular, numbers and un-Biblical 'love' are instead at the forefront. :amen:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

preacher4truth

Jesus saved me.
Nov 26, 2014
✟18,670.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Why do you think James White is asking Rick Warren to repent? What sin has Rick Warren committed for which he needs to repent?

Good question. What would you say?

I believe we should go well beyond the OP question, and this in no way is to trivialize that question. The pope is to be considered God on earth, or in the place of God Almighty. Even if this is not the literal and official case or stance of the RCC or other Catholics he is indeed treated and revered as such.

Nonetheless those in the Catholic religion not only deny the verity of this but they also will readily deny the idolatrous practices within their religion and will in turn deny as well their prayers to saints, Mary &c which are sanctioned by their church while proof of this will be denied as well.

That's fallacious enough for me with the OP and other errors aside.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Metal Minister

New Year, Still Old School!
May 8, 2012
✟29,999.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Why do you think James White is asking Rick Warren to repent? What sin has Rick Warren committed for which he needs to repent?

I would point t you to the 3 videos I posted in the op to answer this question.

Upvote 0

OzSpen

Oct 15, 2005
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
Visit site
✟125,343.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Good question. What would you say?

I believe we should go well beyond the OP question, and this in no way is to trivialize that question. The pope is to be considered God on earth, or in the place of God Almighty. Even if this is not the literal and official case or stance of the RCC or other Catholics he is indeed treated and revered as such.

Nonetheless those in the Catholic religion not only deny the verity of this but they also will readily deny the idolatrous practices within their religion and will in turn deny as well their prayers to saints, Mary &c which are sanctioned by their church while proof of this will be denied as well.

That's fallacious enough for me with the OP and other errors aside.

I am not a RCC supporter, but I found your comments here to lack veracity. You have made your own statements about RCC teaching as assertions. Without verification from the Papacy or the RCC, these are your assertions.

Why don't you obtain these teachings from the RCC and provide links to your sources?

Upvote 0

th1bill

A Believer/Follower
Jul 5, 2003
Texas
Visit site
✟68,616.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Sorry about being absent for so long but this stupid final stage of MS is killing me, lads.

As a Bible teacher some will lay shame on me for knowing about Rick's ungodly teaching and knowing nothing of the other gentleman, but, being contained in my, very own, hospital bed and motorized wheel chair is, to some extent, a limiting factor.

Rick began as a, heralded, Bible believing Baptist Teacher but if that's as true as it appeared to be, then, we have seen, not evolution, no, rather, we have witnessed devolution.

If Rick, like most of us, myself not excluded, is in need of repentance. Not because he embraced a man seen by the lost and a few saved men as a man of God, no, rather because they both teach an ear tickling lie. The lie of many paths to Heaven.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.