I told you so
Oct 3, 2015
Finland
✟34,886.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Okay, let's make the assumption that the Bible is true, that the people portrayed there actually existed... If you had the chance to speak with one Biblical person (except Jesus), who would it be and why?

Assuming they're all actual historical people, then it would be either Adam or Eve before the fall, preferably both. Meeting a perfect, uncorrupted human, and an ideal for what man/woman is supposed to be like would be very enlightening experience.

I'm also interested about seeing how their paradise-style relationship with God functioned, it seems far less complicated than any other Biblical characters had.

But if they're just symbolical figures and I ended up meeting some half-monkeys, then maybe somebody else.

Reactions: MotherFirefly
Upvote 0

Jack of Spades

I told you so
Oct 3, 2015
Finland
✟34,886.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Do you have a (or one of) favorite subject or story from any era in history?

If so, what is it? Why is it [one of] your favorite(s)? Do you think we can learn something valuable from it?

Aww, you really know my soft spot, don't you! ;)

My favorite subject in secular history is naval warfare, but I'm afraid there are no huge life lessons there. It's rather technical story. So let's rather go to my religious history favorites, can I name two? The two would be 1) life of Francis of Assisi and 2) the monastery movement, especially the early part of it when it was not as organized and was more of a individual practice.

Francis is my favorite saint and while I am aware that pretty much of what we read about him are just legends, I believe that we could learn plenty from him. First thing is his positive message about making peace with everything around us, not just humans but the nature and elements and things like that. And secondly, and more importantly, he told his message with his own life, and that is what makes the story so great.

Just a random example about life of Francis, there is a story about Francis being operated by doctors, which included them using hot iron (the messed up medical science of the time) and before the operation Francis spoke to the fire thanking "brother fire" for always having provided him with warmth and told how much he admired his strength, and asked that he would be gentle on him now. And it so happened that during the operation he didn't feel any pain.

On the monastery movement, I find many things which are more or less lost in our time but could be worth of seeking. One thing in an ideal solitude or monastery life is to truly put God first, by forsaking the world in a very literal way. For me personally, that is a distant dream, not something I claim to live myself, but I believe it has in some ways inspired me.

Many of those people who are today respected as saints were in their own time actually considered to be nutjobs and were criticized for going way too far in their devotion. I think it's a very important lesson to know, chances are that some of the people I dismiss today as religious wackos are going to be remembered as godly people by somebody 200 years from now.

There are really a lot of things, but I don't know how long of a post I want to force you to read, lol. So I'll just shut up here.

Upvote 0

MotherFirefly

May 10, 2016
U.S.
✟43,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Aww, you really know my soft spot, don't you! ;)
Nah, dude. I was totally guessing.

;)

My favorite subject in secular history is naval warfare, but I'm afraid there are no huge life lessons there. It's rather technical story. So let's rather go to my religious history favorites, can I name two? The two would be 1) life of Francis of Assisi and 2) the monastery movement, especially the early part of it when it was not as organized and was more of a individual practice.

Francis is my favorite saint and while I am aware that pretty much of what we read about him are just legends, I believe that we could learn plenty from him. First thing is his positive message about making peace with everything around us, not just humans but the nature and elements and things like that. And secondly, and more importantly, he told his message with his own life, and that is what makes the story so great.

Just a random example about life of Francis, there is a story about Francis being operated by doctors, which included them using hot iron (the messed up medical science of the time) and before the operation Francis spoke to the fire thanking "brother fire" for always having provided him with warmth and told how much he admired his strength, and asked that he would be gentle on him now. And it so happened that during the operation he didn't feel any pain.
Very interesting! I wish someone would have told me to read about this Francis guy multiple times. He sounds very interesting, and I am putting it on my list of things to do!

I think his way of thinking, while perhaps unorthadox, is very inspiring. Afterall, if you are constantly pushing outside forces away, rather than opening yourself up to this beautiful nature God has made for us, how will you ever understand anything?

On the monastery movement, I find many things which are more or less lost in our time but could be worth of seeking. One thing in an ideal solitude or monastery life is to truly put God first, by forsaking the world in a very literal way. For me personally, that is a distant dream, not something I claim to live myself, but I believe it has in some ways inspired me.

Many of those people who are today respected as saints were in their own time actually considered to be nutjobs and were criticized for going way too far in their devotion. I think it's a very important lesson to know, chances are that some of the people I dismiss today as religious wackos are going to be remembered as godly people by somebody 200 years from now.
I would bet money that if you decided to live a life of complete and utter solitude, some people nowadays may still see you as 'crazy'.

But I understand your point. ;)

There are really a lot of things, but I don't know how long of a post I want to force you to read, lol. So I'll just shut up here.

How unfortunate. You have a very intelligent way of saying things, and you explain your ideas, opinions, and stories with great understanding.
I don't think anyone would complain if you wrote more. :)

However, I am sure it gets tiresome sharing your vast information with the common folk like myself. So thank you for gracing us with your knowledge. ;)

Upvote 0

Jack of Spades

I told you so
Oct 3, 2015
Finland
✟34,886.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Very interesting! I wish someone would have told me to read about this Francis guy multiple times. He sounds very interesting, and I am putting it on my list of things to do!

I think his way of thinking, while perhaps unorthadox, is very inspiring. Afterall, if you are constantly pushing outside forces away, rather than opening yourself up to this beautiful nature God has made for us, how will you ever understand anything?

Yeah, he is an interesting guy. And I suspect I'm not the only one who thinks that way, because there is a city in the US named after him (San Fransico)...

Yup, it's not the exact standard of Christian thinking, but he's not alone talking that way. Some Russian hermits are known from similar stuff. I've read stories of hermits who could talk with animals. Here is a popular image of a Russian hermit, with his friend, a bear:
34cb57d3a843d5d1a2acdecea1b7b7d2.png

Okay, you got me. I can't hold anymore, one more Francis of Assisi - story!

Francis was getting followers, and he had to go to ask the pope to recognize his brotherhood (everything religious then had to be blessed by the church) so he went to Rome. The pope, who was a powerful man at the time, saw Francis in his beggars clothes and despised him. Francis asked him "Holy father, I would like to ask your blessing for my brotherhood".

The pope thought that a man who shows up looking like a beggar, doesn't show proper respect for him, and he said to Francis "If you want to preach, why don't you go to preach to pigs instead, since you look like a swineherd". Francis thanked the holy father for the advice, walked out of Rome and went to live in a nearby pigpen for a week, preaching to the pigs there about God.

After a week, he went back to the pope, and asked again "Holy father, I have done what you asked me to do. Can I have your blessing for my brotherhood now?". Impressed by his humility, this time the pope agreed.

How unfortunate. You have a very intelligent way of saying things, and you explain your ideas, opinions, and stories with great understanding.
I don't think anyone would complain if you wrote more. :)

Thank you very much, I am flattered. I would have plenty of nice & true things to say about your postings too. I think you have a very unique touch in your thinking which keeps impressing me!

If you find a cult some day, I'd be happy to be your brainwashee! ;)

However, I am sure it gets tiresome sharing your vast information with the common folk like myself. So thank you for gracing us with your knowledge. ;)

Yeah that's right! It's indeed a very heavy burden for a guru like me having to talk from the window of my ivory tower to enlighten mere mortals................................

Upvote 0

MotherFirefly

May 10, 2016
U.S.
✟43,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yeah, he is an interesting guy. And I suspect I'm not the only one who thinks that way, because there is a city in the US named after him (San Fransico)...
I know, right?
^didn't actually know that.

Yup, it's not the exact standard of Christian thinking, but he's not alone talking that way. Some Russian hermits are known from similar stuff. I've read stories of hermits who could talk with animals. Here is a popular image of a Russian hermit, with his friend, a bear:
34cb57d3a843d5d1a2acdecea1b7b7d2.png

Okay, you got me. I can't hold anymore, one more Francis of Assisi - story!

Francis was getting followers, and he had to go to ask the pope to recognize his brotherhood (everything religious then had to be blessed by the church) so he went to Rome. The pope, who was a powerful man at the time, saw Francis in his beggars clothes and despised him. Francis asked him "Holy father, I would like to ask your blessing for my brotherhood".

The pope thought that a man who shows up looking like a beggar, doesn't show proper respect for him, and he said to Francis "If you want to preach, why don't you go to preach to pigs instead, since you look like a swineherd". Francis thanked the holy father for the advice, walked out of Rome and went to live in a nearby pigpen for a week, preaching to the pigs there about God.

After a week, he went back to the pope, and asked again "Holy father, I have done what you asked me to do. Can I have your blessing for my brotherhood now?". Impressed by his humility, this time the pope agreed.
Oh my word. First thing - who knew a religious leader with a lot of power could be such a... strict fellow.
Also, I can see why some people would rather avoid having anything to do with him. He would definitely come off as odd! But I imagine having a conversation with him would be so neat. I am positive he would have such an interesting way of explaining the world and spirituality, as it sounds he was very serious about his beliefs.
Oh, the things we could do with a time machine.

Thank you very much, I am flattered. I would have plenty of nice & true things to say about your postings too. I think you have a very unique touch in your thinking which keeps impressing me!

If you find a cult some day, I'd be happy to be your brainwashee! ;)
Oh, no, I am merely calling it as I see it. ^,^
But thanks! Little do you realize, you are already a part of my cult...
*twilight zone theme plays

Yeah that's right! It's indeed a very heavy burden for a guru like me having to talk from the window of my ivory tower to enlighten mere mortals................................
giphy.gif

Upvote 0

Jack of Spades

I told you so
Oct 3, 2015
Finland
✟34,886.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I know, right?
^didn't actually know that.

:D

Oh my word. First thing - who knew a religious leader with a lot of power could be such a... strict fellow.
Also, I can see why some people would rather avoid having anything to do with him. He would definitely come off as odd! But I imagine having a conversation with him would be so neat. I am positive he would have such an interesting way of explaining the world and spirituality, as it sounds he was very serious about his beliefs.
Oh, the things we could do with a time machine.

Yeah the pope was a jerk.

Time machine could be nice but I think my first destination would be prehistory, dinos!!

But from non-time machine point of view, I think the best part of those stories is that the people were influenced by Gods spirit to live the life they did. So, in a sense the awesome part of their lives, God's spirit, is still around and at least in theory, meetable. :)

Oh, no, I am merely calling it as I see it. ^,^
But thanks! Little do you realize, you are already a part of my cult...
*twilight zone theme plays

*looks around very paranoidly*

**/me looks down from the ivory tower and tries to figure out does that look mean she's been enlightened...**

But seriously, I think that the people who truly know God, are nothing like holier-than-thou-gurus who try to make other people feel small by acting all enlightened.

Upvote 0

MotherFirefly

May 10, 2016
U.S.
✟43,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
:D

Yeah the pope was a jerk.

Time machine could be nice but I think my first destination would be prehistory, dinos!!

But from non-time machine point of view, I think the best part of those stories is that the people were influenced by Gods spirit to live the life they did. So, in a sense the awesome part of their lives, God's spirit, is still around and at least in theory, meetable. :)
Very true, my friend. I think that sort of spiritual connection is what we should all strive for. :)

*looks around very paranoidly*
:satisfied:

**/me looks down from the ivory tower and tries to figure out does that look mean she's been enlightened...**
But seriously, I think that the people who truly know God, are nothing like holier-than-thou-gurus who try to make other people feel small by acting all enlightened.
I agree. I think that is the exact opposite of how someone who claims to know God should act.
I am pretty new to this, in comparison, so correct me if I am wrong, but I don't believe Jesus ever had that attitude towards anyone... and is our goal not to be like him?

Plus - no one is going to listen and/or take you seriously if you are constantly condescending or making them feel useless. So what even is the point of having said position?

Goodness.

It has been fun interviewing you, oh Mr. Jack of Spades.
Tune in next time, on CF Singles : Face The Board!

Upvote 0

Jack of Spades

I told you so
Oct 3, 2015
Finland
✟34,886.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I agree. I think that is the exact opposite of how someone who claims to know God should act.
I am pretty new to this, in comparison, so correct me if I am wrong, but I don't believe Jesus ever had that attitude towards anyone... and is our goal not to be like him?

Plus - no one is going to listen and/or take you seriously if you are constantly condescending or making them feel useless. So what even is the point of having said position?

Goodness.

Actually, I've been re-identified as a Christian only this year or so after years of wandering, and if that resets my record, I think you have actually been longer in this thing than I have ;)

When it comes to how Jesus is alike, I kind of dislike thinking I should correct other people if they genuinely see him being some way. I think it is possible we see Jesus in a different light and we're both right. I don't of course mean that I think Jesus was a jerk, but sometimes he acted in ways which confuse me, like being mysterious, talking in parables which people had difficulties understanding etc.

It has been fun interviewing you, oh Mr. Jack of Spades.
Tune in next time, on CF Singles : Face The Board!

It has been my pleasure!

*bows and then turns to the audience*

- I would like to ask our audience to give it up for our lovely host who has interviewed me tonight, Miss BriannaRose!

*the audience goes wild*

But hey, it's technically an AMA, but it's aswell my personal chatroom, so it's okay to just chat with me here, you don't have to specifically be asking questions :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jack of Spades

I told you so
Oct 3, 2015
Finland
✟34,886.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Like most things, music took a drastic turn for the worse after the 90s.
I enjoy the era because artists were still passionate and angry and real, yet, for the most part, remained intelligent.

However, I do lack the nostalgic factor others may have, as I was still a baby. Lol.

Eh. I am 92.7% right, at least.

However, there is an invisible disclaimer in my previous post for metal being an exception. There is a higher majority percentage for Metal artists still understanding the importance behind passion, emotion, and intelligence in music.

In My Opinion. :oldthumbsup:

Sooo, in my opinion, late 90's to early 2000's were when the golden era of metal begun. But since you're apparently talking about some other genre, what bands/songs you have in mind as an example of superiority of 90's?

Upvote 0

MotherFirefly

May 10, 2016
U.S.
✟43,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Sooo, in my opinion, late 90's to early 2000's were when the golden era of metal begun. But since you're apparently talking about some other genre, what bands/songs you have in mind as an example of superiority of 90's?

Wellllllllllllll. That other thread wasn't about metal, so I guess I was referring to everything else. Lol.

I am not sure how it works as far as american stars getting publicity in other countries... perhaps you have the benefit of being less tainted.
Music has lost so much as time has advanced. I am not entirely sure the best way to explain it... but, it has been given a dumb-down treatment for sure. 3rd grade reading level bores me quickly. Let alone the fact that it has become so simple... and most pop stars don't even write their own music anymore!

It just... music needs to have purpose, passion, emotion... it is to be an expression.
A good artist can write intricate weaves of notes to pull you in and make you -feel- something. It can penetrate you and touch your soul and you just become lost in it's movements.

The majority of music has lost this, from what I have heard. I honestly find it so confusing how anyone can enjoy the popular modern bands. I can think of less than a handful that are worth anything.

I agree that metal is keeping its head up better than other genres... but the 'popular' metal bands still are uninspiring garbage, usually.

I am not saying that everything from the past is gold, but I do believe people had better tastes.

Upvote 0

Jack of Spades

I told you so
Oct 3, 2015
Finland
✟34,886.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Wellllllllllllll. That other thread wasn't about metal, so I guess I was referring to everything else. Lol.

I am not sure how it works as far as american stars getting publicity in other countries... perhaps you have the benefit of being less tainted.
Music has lost so much as time has advanced. I am not entirely sure the best way to explain it... but, it has been given a dumb-down treatment for sure. 3rd grade reading level bores me quickly. Let alone the fact that it has become so simple... and most pop stars don't even write their own music anymore!

It just... music needs to have purpose, passion, emotion... it is to be an expression.
A good artist can write intricate weaves of notes to pull you in and make you -feel- something. It can penetrate you and touch your soul and you just become lost in it's movements.

The majority of music has lost this, from what I have heard. I honestly find it so confusing how anyone can enjoy the popular modern bands. I can think of less than a handful that are worth anything.

I agree that metal is keeping its head up better than other genres... but the 'popular' metal bands still are uninspiring garbage, usually.

I am not saying that everything from the past is gold, but I do believe people had better tastes.

Well yeah, I do disagree, but not in a fanatic way. I can see your point.

But I totally agree that the best music is an expression of something the artist themselves feel. I dislike if I get a feeling that it's, hmm how to say it, manufactured product? Artificial?

What kind of metal bands work for you btw? I'm supercurious about do you have any Finnish metal artists on your list? :)

Upvote 0

MotherFirefly

May 10, 2016
U.S.
✟43,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well yeah, I do disagree, but not in a fanatic way. I can see your point.

But I totally agree that the best music is an expression of something the artist themselves feel. I dislike if I get a feeling that it's, hmm how to say it, manufactured product? Artificial?

What kind of metal bands work for you btw? I'm supercurious about do you have any Finnish metal artists in your list? :)
Well, why do you disagree?

And dude. You guys got Nightwish. What more do you need? ;)
But, you -are- up against Sweden, so... let's see. I love Kalmah and Insomnium, I am pretty sure they are from around your area.. Children of Bodom is fun, but mostly for their great guitarist.
I am sure there are more, but can't think off the top of my head. Will have to do some research.

Got any suggestions of your favorites? :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jack of Spades

I told you so
Oct 3, 2015
Finland
✟34,886.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Well, why do you disagree?

I think every generation has it's share of talented and inspired people. And if I can't hear it, it's more likely to be in my taste or some other subjective thing in my head, rather than in the objective quality of the music.

But, I do realize that since the music business has become bigger and more money is around, there is more "corporate music" around, which is likely not created for entirely artistic reasons.

And dude. You guys got Nightwish. What more do you need? ;)

Oh noes! NW is my favorite! I used to listen to 80's hard rock, but when I first time heard Nightwish I saw the light. From that moment on, I've been into melodic metal and never looked back!

But, you -are- up against Sweden, so... let's see. I love Kalmah and Insomnium, I am pretty sure they are from around your area.. Children of Bodom is fun, but mostly for their great guitarist.
I am sure there are more, but can't think off the top of my head. Will have to do some research.

All those three are actually from Finland. Swedes make pop, like Abba, we make metal! ;)

No, seriously, there is at least one great Swedish metal band, Sabaton.

Got any suggestions of your favorites? :)

If you like Nightwish, then Amberian Dawn and maybe For my Pain. FmP is more gothic, but it has the same guy behind it who makes the songs for Nightwish, Tuomas Holopainen. For a bit darker music, maybe Sentenced? Try those, and lemme know what you think! :)

(For patriotic reasons, I'm reluctant to link a Swedish band, but maybe you wanna try Sabaton too?)

OMGosh
You guys have Turisas, too. Duh. :)

Lol, the only thing I know about Turisas is the music video in which they guys are driving around dressed as orcs :D

Upvote 0

MotherFirefly

May 10, 2016
U.S.
✟43,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I think every generation has it's share of talented and inspired people. And if I can't hear it, it's more likely to be in my taste or some other subjective thing in my head, rather than in the objective quality of the music.

But, I do realize that since the music business has become bigger and more money is around, there is more "corporate music" around, which is likely not created for entirely artistic reasons.
Again, I agree that not every modern band is bad... but, quality of music is what I was arguing, and the quality of music is declining rapidly.. originality is lacking desperately.

Oh noes! NW is my favorite! I used to listen to 80's hard rock, but when I first time heard Nightwish I saw the light. From that moment on, I've been into melodic metal and never looked back!

All those three are actually from Finland. Swedes make pop, like Abba, we make metal! ;)

No, seriously, there is at least one great Swedish metal band, Sabaton.
Hence why I only posted bands from Finland.. ;)
But, as a third party, I have to say... you both make some great metal, and if you could find a way to justify such a sacrilegious idea, perhaps you could find some S****** metal you enjoy.. :p

I would love to visit both places, though. I always imagined that instead of turning on your radio and hearing crap, you guys have 15 stations dedicated to metal. I also dream of walking into a superstore or gas station and hearing metal playing... that would be so cool. ^_^

If you like Nightwish, then Amberian Dawn and maybe For my Pain. FmP is more gothic, but it has the same guy behind it who makes the songs for Nightwish, Tuomas Holopainen. For a bit darker music, maybe Sentenced? Try those, and lemme know what you think! :)

(For patriotic reasons, I'm reluctant to link a Swedish band, but maybe you wanna try Sabaton too?)

Lol, the only thing I know about Turisas is the music video in which they guys are driving around dressed as orcs :D

I enjoy some of what Amberian Dawn played, but always prefered Nightwish.. The other two sound cool, and I will be looking into them more. :) thanks!

Upvote 0

Jack of Spades

I told you so
Oct 3, 2015
Finland
✟34,886.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
But, as a third party, I have to say... you both make some great metal, and if you could find a way to justify such a sacrilegious idea, perhaps you could find some S****** metal you enjoy.. :p

Well I do love Sabaton and Hammerfall, but don't tell anyone or I'll have all my long-haired, shirtless countrymen show up at my door, wrap me up in a flag of Sweden and execute me with a massive medieval battle ax on some sacred beach in a moonlight while burning huge bonfires on the background. (Not that I would mind that much, it would make a pretty cool music video!)

I would love to visit both places, though. I always imagined that instead of turning on your radio and hearing crap, you guys have 15 stations dedicated to metal. I also dream of walking into a superstore or gas station and hearing metal playing... that would be so cool. ^_^

That's very lovely vision of our metal paradise :D

Ugh, I guess you might have more metal radio stations in the US than here, because the US is so big there must be loads of stations. Metal is mainstream music here, so all the mainstream radio stations play it with all the other mainstream stuff.

Okay, your turn, link me some American metallish stuff? I know Evanescence, but can't name anything else out of a hat.

Upvote 0

MotherFirefly

May 10, 2016
U.S.
✟43,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well I do love Sabaton and Hammerfall, but don't tell anyone or I'll have all my long-haired, shirtless countrymen show up at my door, wrap me up in a flag of Sweden and execute me with a massive medieval battle ax on some sacred beach in a moonlight while burning huge bonfires on the background. (Not that I would mind that much, it would make a pretty cool music video!)
Hahaha... oh my. That is fantastic.
..Well, not if it was you I mean! :oops:
But you are right about that being the perfect music video... xD

That's very lovely vision of our metal paradise :D

Ugh, I guess you might have more metal radio stations in the US than here, because the US is so big there must be loads of stations. Metal is mainstream music here, so all the mainstream radio stations play it with all the other mainstream stuff.

Okay, your turn, link me some American metallish stuff? I know Evanescence, but can't name anything else out of a hat.

I KNEW IT!
I am so jealous.
There isn't crap for metal where I live.
You will literally -never- hear it here. :(

OK. Not many are quite as cool, but there are some good ones -
These guys are one of the most popular bands labeled 'metal' over here. I enjoy their older stuff a lot more, but here is my favorite from their newest album.

Another popular one, they are hit and miss but I enjoy the way this one sounds.

Lesser known, but one of my personal favorites in american MeloDeath

At this point I realized I don't listen to near as many american bands as I do foreign.... xD
Of course, I excluded bands like Metallica and Megadeth, because I am sure you have heard of them, yes?

Upvote 0

Jack of Spades

I told you so
Oct 3, 2015
Finland
✟34,886.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Hahaha... oh my. That is fantastic.
..Well, not if it was you I mean! :oops:
But you are right about that being the perfect music video... xD

Now you know the stakes I deal with here when it comes to unholy music from the other side of the Gulf of Botnia!

I gotta show you this, the finest hour of Finnish metal in Eurovision. Eurovision is the biggest annual song contest in Europe, where every European country sends one artist and it's usually pretty light music, like pop etc, but these guys made us proud:

I KNEW IT!
I am so jealous.
There isn't crap for metal where I live.
You will literally -never- hear it here. :(

It sounds better than it is, the mainstream radio stations usually play the most popular hits from the most popular bands, like Nightwish and HIM etc. So, the normal deal + some metal mixed in.

But there are some metal festivals etc. I guess you have those too in your area, do you?

OK. Not many are quite as cool, but there are some good ones -
These guys are one of the most popular bands labeled 'metal' over here. I enjoy their older stuff a lot more, but here is my favorite from their newest album.

Another popular one, they are hit and miss but I enjoy the way this one sounds.

Lesser known, but one of my personal favorites in american MeloDeath

Thx! I liked the third one the most. Do you happen to know anything with a female vocalist? Male voice can be good too, but I slightly prefer female voice and I'm always up for test listening those if you know some.

At this point I realized I don't listen to near as many american bands as I do foreign.... xD
Of course, I excluded bands like Metallica and Megadeth, because I am sure you have heard of them, yes?

Yes I know them. You know, as a kid, like the second album I ever had was Metallica's Black Album! For my taste, it's their best one.

Upvote 0