Texas
✟19,187.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
In your situation, I would be coming more from the angle of - how easy will this pregnancy be? What will be the effect on my daughter? How long will I live to support and raise this child i.e. am I ready to be a much-older-than-average mom? If you have already considered all of these issues, and your husband is onboard, then go for it and good luck to you. :)

Thanks Hetta....an update on me, after alot of prayer, consideration of hubby's thoughts, and research on all the drugs I would have to subject myself to (plus money)....we decided, even though we would like to have a child? If we couldn't do it naturally, then we are fine with our family the way it is.
I had a stroke, at 28, my neurologist told me (at that time), not a good idea to be pregnant. But, at 30, I was blessed with a pregnancy, went full term, had her (no problems or complications). She is my miracle baby! :amen:
Had brain surgery, at 32, decided to not try to have more kids (with ex). But, 11 years passed, felt my body is healed enough and no more problems with brain, since surgery. So, new hubby & I tried (unsuccessfully)....so I thought with all the drugs you need to take for IVF, that raises, blood pressure and my age? Probably, not a good idea! I want to still be here to see DD graduate and not fool around with what drugs my body can handle.

thanks again, for all the input! maybe these posts will help someone else out, down the line that is struggling with the idea of IVF and how it fits in with Christianity? :wave:

Upvote 0

Inkachu

Bursting with fruit flavor!
Jan 31, 2008
Somewhere between Rivendell and Rohan
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Passionate, don't dismiss your own feelings, hon. Talk to God about them, let Him show you if He wants to use you for something unexpected, maybe something you haven't even thought of yet. Or maybe He'll gradually ease these feelings into something else. One thing I know, He doesn't give us dreams that cannot come true, just to torture us. If something's not meant to happen, then you can be sure it didn't come from Him. However, He has a wonderful way of taking our stuff and using it for something new... of course, nobody can know what God plans for your future, but I just encourage you to lay it all at His feet and just live your life for Him, and see what He does with you :)

Reactions: PassionateOne
Upvote 0

Tineke J

Sep 17, 2016
Stroud, Gloucestershire, UK
✟15,158.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hya, maybe it sounds like I want to be stupid to bring the subject up again about ivf. However, my husband and I are seriously considering ivf but in this case its my husband who cannot give me children rather then being the problem by me. So... We would need donor sperm to help me get pregnant. I am almost 30, have not been pregnant yet, married now for 7 years. Both undergone lots of test and clearly came out that I could bear a child, however, my husband cannot give sperm.
My main question is.. What happens to the fertilised eggs? Do they get experimented on or... Just what happens to them? Why is there a fee of £500 if early decided (before conception) you do not want to go ahead? What really happens to these eggs? Hope you can help.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hya, maybe it sounds like I want to be stupid to bring the subject up again about ivf. However, my husband and I are seriously considering ivf but in this case its my husband who cannot give me children rather then being the problem by me. So... We would need donor sperm to help me get pregnant. I am almost 30, have not been pregnant yet, married now for 7 years. Both undergone lots of test and clearly came out that I could bear a child, however, my husband cannot give sperm.
My main question is.. What happens to the fertilised eggs? Do they get experimented on or... Just what happens to them? Why is there a fee of £500 if early decided (before conception) you do not want to go ahead? What really happens to these eggs? Hope you can help.

I'm also close in age to you, with no children. I would love to have kids, and every third person at work urges me to go to a clinic and get something done. But though I could go that route and maybe have a child and be elated, for His own reasons, maybe God is withholding children for reasons known to Him. Perhaps if we did have children, we'd be less free to do something He has planned for us to do. Who knows?

Some of the unimplanted little ones get donated to couples trying to have children of their own, stored in a freezer, or discarded. Some clinics give different options. Your place may do things differently, though.

Upvote 0

LinkH

Jun 19, 2006
✟43,833.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My wife was talking to this Chinese Indonesian lady at after an Indonesian language church service in the US, once. She had a daughter whose husband was sterile, and they were thinking of getting a sperm donor. I had three kids at the time, and my wife wonder if the grandma was hinting at hitting me up for a donation. I didn't hear the conversation, so I don't know what that was.

My wife asked me if I wanted to donate. She was probably half teasing, but I told her I didn't think that was right. I wouldn't want to illegitimately father a child I did not raise. Even if it were not through sexual intercourse, I would still be the father, and not be a father to the child.

I don't think it is right to donate eggs or sperm. If the doctor could give someoe a vitamin elixer or something like that, I dont' see a problem with it. One of the problems with some of the methods they do using the parents genetic material is they may fetilize too many eggs and leave the conceived offspring to die. How many brothers and sisters have to die to make one baby this way?

• Agree
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

Tineke J

Sep 17, 2016
Stroud, Gloucestershire, UK
✟15,158.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for your reactions. I'm also thinking about a slightly different approach which is getting the sperm injection, so in that case no embryos/eggs/ sperm gets wasted in a way like it would happen normally?
Link H, also thinking about your reply, bit how about if the donor would be anominous?

Upvote 0