I've won my first soul for Christ. Kind of Scared.

intrepido

Jesus is my home boy.
Sep 25, 2008
✟7,738.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hey all,

Today I made my friend Angie want to go to church with my on friday night, and she wants to become a christian :D

Im really happy for this and Im sure the Lord is too, I feel like he's using me for his purpose!!!!!

Theres only 1 thing im scared of, the Devil attacking me now that Im winning souls for christ, im scared he damages us or my mom or something :S

What do you think?

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Theres only 1 thing im scared of, the Devil attacking me now that Im winning souls for christ, im scared he damages us or my mom or something :S

Satan doesn't have the power to damage us. He can whisper bad thoughts into our ear, but he can't hurt God's children.

Upvote 0

Mack7

One Word, One Truth, One God
Sep 11, 2008
Visit site
✟15,357.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Greetings and may God bless all who read. Praise God Intrepido for doing what God has called you to do. Now is the the time to stay in prayer with our Heavenly Father and keep reading His Holy Word. Within the Word of God further instructions can come. Keep your faith and trust in God and He will provide you with the necessary tools to accomplish each task.

It is written in Psalms 27:14, "Wait on the Lord: be of good COURAGE, and he shall STRENGTHEN thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord." Amen? Look to God's Word always. Listen as God will speak and protect you against the enemy as written in Deuteronomy 31:6, "Be strong and of good COURAGE, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the Lord thy God, he it is that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee." Amen.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sep 10, 2008
✟15,200.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The first thing to do is to NEVER fear the devil. By fearing the devil, it means you are holding him with high regard or "respecting" him or something. ONLY fear God. He is the one who is TRULY in control. I have learnt this recently as I have been coming under attack. My pastor prayed that God impart boldness in me and for the spirit of fear to depart. I pray the same for you. "Fear" is a spirit - it doesn't feel good and so it is not from God. The only fear that should be in you is the fear of God - a healthy fear or awe of God's power and glory.
It's an absolute victory for God that you have got your friend to go to church, and once you start doing amazing things for the Kingdom of God, it is likely that you will come under spiritual attack. Do not be afraid- the devil cannot harm you at all. Just like a poster said, he can whisper lies into your ear, but as long as you trust and draw strength from the Lord, you will never fall victim to him. God is absolutely on your side! And as he has an absolutely AMAZING purpose for your life, the enemy will try to ruin that. But as long as you keep yourself in prayer and God's word, you will be okay.

I hope that helps. Also, read Psalm 91. God gave me this passage when I was feeling afraid.

God bless!

Upvote 0

Spirithappy

Nov 9, 2008
USA
Visit site
✟7,648.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi, I am glad that your friend was drawn to Christ but you are making a mistake. You can not win any souls to Christ. Only the Holy Spirit. You are only a willing tool in Fathers hand. Jesus said "no one come to me unless the father draws them". You will only have to worry about the devil when you feel that you have done something for God. God called your friend for his purpose,you were faithful but you WON no one for Christ. What you are feeling is a bit of pride(I have been there). God calls who he wants when he wants,it has nothing to do with you. I learned this lesson the hard way. Take care

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

anonymousAdviser

Oct 17, 2006
✟8,057.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Hey all,

Today I made my friend Angie want to go to church with my on friday night, and she wants to become a christian :D

Im really happy for this and Im sure the Lord is too, I feel like he's using me for his purpose!!!!!

What do you think?

Be wary of being caught up in chalk marking people you bring to church... especially of thinking you save souls. Jesus saves souls, if we are fortunate, Jesus might do some small, tiny piece of that through us.

Be also wary of thinking anyone you pick up on the street might be like some Roman or other pagan of the time of the First AD church. America is a huge majority Christian. We may not all agree on principles, but definitely, left or right, backwards or forwards... many are Christian.

What you likely have is someone who is a Christian, or was born as such, from Christian parents ('the children are saved because of the parents') and who may or may not have been properly building up their faith. (I would be wary of judging whether or not someone has been righteous or not based solely on something like church attendance.)

Lastly, above all, do not fear the devil. We are to fear God. Read Job. The Devil could not attack Job but that God let the Devil do this. God is ultimately in control of everything.

That last bit can be confusing, as we can ask ourselves, "Then does this mean all evil results of God", no, it means God gives humans and angels alike some leeway to choose their own way. But, in the end, justice will be done, that is for sure.

Or, right now, we see evil in the world which evil says, "There is no God" by saying "God is not good" because we 'move and live and take our breath in God', or in other words, implying that creation is "evil" is implying the Creator is. No surprise this is an accusation unbelievers have against God (yet thereby also showing they know God is real.)

These things said, I hope I have not given too much hard advice. I applaud you turning to other Christians for advice and your humility in doing so. At your age I was going down all sorts of foolish wrong paths, and you sound like a hungry Christian longing to do God's will -- which is the only thing one needs be concerned about.

Upvote 0