United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
cbk said:
What amazed me was what happened during the Democratic Presidential Debate last night (yes, there was one).
As a supporter of Wes Clark I watched about the first 30 minutes of it, but that remark must have happened after that.

Upvote 0

foolsparade

Jul 12, 2002
Pennsyl-tucky
✟2,584.00
Faith
Atheist
we are just; "Human All to Human" as Nietzsche once wrote. I know first hand of the dangers of prescription drugs. My father died because of this abuse and he was lonly 50 years old. The main complaint here is that Rush often insisted that drug users were "criminals" when in actuality they are victims. Regardless of the reasons someone has become addicted. Is the "reason" why someone is addicted give credence to the problem? Does the cause justify the effect? Rush is a liar plain and simply, but he mostly lied to himself, he can do me no harm.

Upvote 0

Grizzly

Enemy of Christmas
Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2002
Tallahassee
✟46,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
KenH said:
Yes, we must be careful as hypocrisy is a danger we are all subject to being guilty of.
You speak words of wisdom. I would imagine we are all guilty of that at one time or another.

Upvote 0

KenH

Christian
Aug 1, 2003
Arkansas
✟13,818.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
foolsparade said:
The main complaint here is that Rush often insisted that drug users were "criminals" when in actuality they are victims.
Has Rush ever applied that to those addicted to presciption drugs or was he talking about those who use illegal drugs such as cocaine, heroin, etc.?

Upvote 0

foolsparade

Jul 12, 2002
Pennsyl-tucky
✟2,584.00
Faith
Atheist
KenH, you dissapoint me. A drug addict is a drug addict. Using prescription drugs to satisfy an addiction is illegal. In some ways presecription drugs are more dangerous than contraband. You see, in your Christian zeal to satisfy your self righteous ideal, you already are trying to seperate people who share the same problem, shame on you! :(

Upvote 0

KenH

Christian
Aug 1, 2003
Arkansas
✟13,818.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
foolsparade said:
KenH, you dissapoint me. A drug addict is a drug addict...You see, in your Christian zeal to satisfy your self righteous ideal, you already are trying to seperate people who share the same problem, shame on you!
I am not justifying Rush's addiction to prescription pain killers at all. I merely asked if he made a distinction in his comments.

And Rush is hardly my ideal person, especially since he has been saying mean things about my candidate for president, Wes Clark.

But as a Christian, I certainly feel compassion for him or anyone with a drug addiction, whether the drugs are legal or illegal.

Upvote 0

Philosoft

Orthogonal, Tangential, Tenuously Related
Dec 26, 2002
Southeast of Disorder
Visit site
✟6,503.00
Faith
Atheist
cbk said:
Yes, this was funny, but here was a man trying to be President of the United States making DIRECT, slanderous jokes about two SPECIFIC citizens: Limbaugh and the maid.
Huh? What in the world is a "slanderous joke"?

Anyway, the cynic in me wonders two things:

1) Would Rush have admitted his addiction if it hadn't been otherwise uncovered?

2) How does Rush's blaming the drugs fit his ultra-conservatism? That's a pretty liberal position, especially from Rush's point-of-view.

Upvote 0

Durelen

+|-|3
Sep 30, 2003
California
Visit site
✟873.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Well in discernment I see no blurring of the lines in the matter. There is a big difference between being addicted to pharmaceutical drugs compared to crack cocaine. You may sit on your high horse and say he deserves the criticism because you disagree with his views or actions but ultimately this is an issue greater than he.

I don’t see this as a matter of addiction in its self since there are many types of addictions that exist, but more so concerning the matter of what the addicted substance is which is a pain killer from the result of a serious injury that he still deals with.

So in some peoples reasoning, to say that Rush made comments against peoples actions that led to their addiction of recreational drugs or alcohol is hypocrisy because he became addicted to a pharmaceutical drug to relieve pain, to them is a way to point the finger and call him a hypocrite? Dare I say this is idiocy? If you applied this to someone else besides Rush, would you come to the same conclusions?

I don’t see any lie from him in this matter. He may be in the spotlight but ultimately it is the private laundry of his personal life. Some think that everything in ones life should be exposed or they are telling a lie to the masses? Actually some did know of this but you didn’t so this is a lie and he is a liar? I don’t see the reasoning in calling him a liar. Some in my family have private issues and I have no desire for these issues to be aired to the world. This is a problem he knows he has and has been trying to deal with it with the circle of people who he only wanted to be informed. This is unreasonable?

Now we can sit back and hear the ramblings of recreational drug induced mentally ill people say “well Rush does drugs so why can’t we have our crack cocaine now you hypocrites?” Yet Rush knows that the addiction to these pharmaceutical drugs is wrong and needs to be ended as he has been trying to do even before this was known to the public ears. Yet the pothead is happy in his mess and wants others to join him.

As for the Pharisees I should have not brought that up. Not because it was the wrong place to put it as an example but because not everyone really understands who and what the Pharisees were or stood for. Hypocrisy in their matter is nearly a crying understatement. You may call history a myth but even reality is not necessarily understood by all those who lend an ear.

Upvote 0

aragorn

Y ah we here fallen
Sep 18, 2003
✟563.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Others
Durelen said:
Well in discernment I see no blurring of the lines in the matter. There is a big difference between being addicted to pharmaceutical drugs compared to crack cocaine. You may sit on your high horse and say he deserves the criticism because you disagree with his views or actions but ultimately this is an issue greater than he.

I don’t see this as a matter of addiction in its self since there are many types of addictions that exist, but more so concerning the matter of what the addicted substance is which is a pain killer from the result of a serious injury that he still deals with.

Now we can sit back and hear the ramblings of recreational drug induced mentally ill people say “well Rush does drugs so why can’t we have our crack cocaine now you hypocrites?” Yet Rush knows that the addiction to these pharmaceutical drugs is wrong and needs to be ended as he has been trying to do even before this was known to the public ears. Yet the pothead is happy in his mess and wants others to join him.

As for the Pharisees I should have not brought that up. Not because it was the wrong place to put it as an example but because not everyone really understands who and what the Pharisees were or stood for. Hypocrisy in their matter is nearly a crying understatement. You may call history a myth but even reality is not necessarily understood by all those who lend an ear.

The main difference between an addiction to pharmaceutical drugs and crack cocaine is whether or not you're rich enough to have health insurance.

Surely that's obvious. Morphine is a drug that's available on prescription. Lots of rich addicts have a private doctor purely so that he can prescribe morphine to them. Morphine is so good that many heroin addicts would far rather have morphine, if they could get it.
Limbaugh, Durelen, and the others' position is essentially, it's OK for us rich people to be drug addicts because we're rich, but poor people need to be sent to prison.

Let me tell you. Durelen. The Lord will be harder on those who are complicit in destroying other people's lives by sending them to prison, than he will on those who destroy their own by getting addicted to drugs.

Why do you have such a problem with mind-expanding recreational drug use. Surely if you're going to take drugs, you may as well get something good out of it.

"Lift up your heads O ye gates, and be ye lift up ye everlasting doors, and the king of glory will come in."

Feel free to reply.

Upvote 0

KenH

Christian
Aug 1, 2003
Arkansas
✟13,818.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Philosoft said:
How does Rush's blaming the drugs fit his ultra-conservatism?
Rush took full personal responsbility. He did not "blame" the drugs. If he had not take the prescription medicine then he would not have become addicted to it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

KenH

Christian
Aug 1, 2003
Arkansas
✟13,818.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
cbk said:
Yes, this was funny, but here was a man trying to be President of the United States making DIRECT, slanderous jokes about two SPECIFIC citizens: Limbaugh and the maid.

Sad and funny at the same time. Not very presidential.
It was Senator John Kerry who made that unpresidential remark.

Upvote 0
All dope is some kind of pain killer.The problem is when you get it illigally.He had the money to buy it .The street person has to knock you in the head and steal your money.Both are wrong.People should stop and think how they tarepeople down{Bill and Hillery} What goes up will come down.Because he addmitted don't make him right.IfOJ had said he killed his wife would the world forgive him?He still would have to pay for his crime.Don't let the world white wash his crimes there are too many black men in jail for less!!:confused:

Upvote 0

Grizzly

Enemy of Christmas
Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2002
Tallahassee
✟46,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Doctrine1st

Official nitwit
Oct 11, 2002
Seattle
Visit site
✟12,523.00
Faith
Politics
US-Others
KenH said:
Has Rush ever applied that to those addicted to presciption drugs or was he talking about those who use illegal drugs such as cocaine, heroin, etc.?
If he was obtaining them in the manner and quantities as alleged, then they are illegal drugs. Seeing that he was addicted, either there's a doctor in serious trouble, or the allegations have some truth to them, as he himself has admitted.

Upvote 0

Durelen

+|-|3
Sep 30, 2003
California
Visit site
✟873.00
Faith
Non-Denom
aragorn said:
Why do you have such a problem with mind-expanding recreational drug use. Surely if you're going to take drugs, you may as well get something good out of it.
What the … WHAT good?!? I suppose if you had family and friends die of mind expanding drugs then maybe you would understand differently. If you had family and friends that now somewhat resemble vegetables your opinion may not be as it is. Yet I suppose that anyone who so forwardly supports drug use most likely uses them and their hearts are probably hardened concerning this and they do not know it. They have brought spiritual darkness to their hearts.

God hates these drugs and as children of God we should openly shun drug use of this kind. There won’t be any of these recreational drug users going to heaven. The use of these drugs will only bring the judgments of God down upon them. The only thing “good” as you put it is in fact not good but death and destruction if they do not repent now.

Strong's Number: 5331 farmakeiða pharmakeia far-mak-i'-ah from 5332

1. the use or the administering of drugs
2. poisoning
3. sorcery, magical arts, often found in connection with idolatry and fostered by it
4. metaph. the deceptions and seductions of idolatry

Translated Words
KJV (3) - sorcery, 2; witchcraft, 1;
NAS (3) - sorceries, 1; sorcery, 2;

Verse Count
KJV NAS
Galatians 1
Revelation 2
Ga 5:20
Re 9:21
Re 18:23

(NAS)Revelation 18:23 and the light of a lamp shall shine in thee no more; and the voice of bridegroom and bride shall be heard in thee no more; for thy merchants were the great men of the earth, and all nations were deceived by thy sorcery. 24And in her was found the blood of prophets and of saints, and of all who have been slain on earth."

(NAS)Revelation 21:8 But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the polluted, as for murderers, fornicators, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their lot shall be in the lake that burns with fire and sulphur, which is the second death."

(NAS)Galatians 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are plain: fornication, impurity, licentiousness, 20idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, anger, selfishness, dissension, party spirit, 21envy, drunkenness, carousing, and the like. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

foolsparade

Jul 12, 2002
Pennsyl-tucky
✟2,584.00
Faith
Atheist
Durelen said:
What the … WHAT good?!? I suppose if you had family and friends die of mind expanding drugs then maybe you would understand differently. If you had family and friends that now somewhat resemble vegetables your opinion may not be as it is. Yet I suppose that anyone who so forwardly supports drug use most likely uses them and their hearts are probably hardened concerning this and they do not know it. They have brought spiritual darkness to their hearts.

God hates these drugs and as children of God we should openly shun drug use of this kind. There won’t be any of these recreational drug users going to heaven. The use of these drugs will only bring the judgments of God down upon them. The only thing “good” as you put it is in fact not good but death and destruction if they do not repent now.

Strong's Number: 5331 farmakeiða pharmakeia far-mak-i'-ah from 5332

1. the use or the administering of drugs
2. poisoning
3. sorcery, magical arts, often found in connection with idolatry and fostered by it
4. metaph. the deceptions and seductions of idolatry

Translated Words
KJV (3) - sorcery, 2; witchcraft, 1;
NAS (3) - sorceries, 1; sorcery, 2;

Verse Count
KJV NAS
Galatians 1
Revelation 2
Ga 5:20
Re 9:21
Re 18:23

(NAS)Revelation 18:23 and the light of a lamp shall shine in thee no more; and the voice of bridegroom and bride shall be heard in thee no more; for thy merchants were the great men of the earth, and all nations were deceived by thy sorcery. 24And in her was found the blood of prophets and of saints, and of all who have been slain on earth."

(NAS)Revelation 21:8 But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the polluted, as for murderers, fornicators, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their lot shall be in the lake that burns with fire and sulphur, which is the second death."

(NAS)Galatians 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are plain: fornication, impurity, licentiousness, 20idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, anger, selfishness, dissension, party spirit, 21envy, drunkenness, carousing, and the like. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
You do not seem to understand. a drug is a drug, an addict is an addict. I would hope that Rush is included in your statement? Please show me scripture that "god hates" drugs...and why this doesn't included alcohol.

someone mentioned earlier that a justification for Rush's drug use was because he was in physical pain. Well some suffer from emotional pain. we are very complicated creatures, where excactly do we draw the line? What type of pain makes it "legal" to justify the addiction??

Upvote 0

Durelen

+|-|3
Sep 30, 2003
California
Visit site
✟873.00
Faith
Non-Denom
foolsparade said:
You do not seem to understand. a drug is a drug, an addict is an addict. I would hope that Rush is included in your statement? Please show me scripture that "god hates" drugs...and why this doesn't included alcohol.

someone mentioned earlier that a justification for Rush's drug use was because he was in physical pain. Well some suffer from emotional pain. we are very complicated creatures, where excactly do we draw the line? What type of pain makes it "legal" to justify the addiction??
So bound up in the law and the interpretation of it. By your reasoning then any drug is wrong. I think people are too fixated on the addiction side of it here and not really looking at the big picture since there is an underlining hatred for this man. I’m not saying that laws were not broken for they were. Good laws are in place to protect people not condemn them. Whether it be to protect them from themselves or to protect them from others there should be some meaning and definition to them.

This law that was broken is purely the protect from self type of law. Any judge that would condemn him would be out of line since this man has been seeking repentance by means of rehab and so forth. It’s not a case where a punk on a street corner is passing out crack to our youth in hopes of getting them into the drug scene.

I though it was rather well referenced in my post concerning drug use and what the bible has to say about it. If you think my reference is a load of whatever then do a search on the net concerning my references. You will get tons of the same conclusions.

As for alcohol it is entirely a different effect. Alcohol a mind expanding drug that opens you up to the spiritual world and anything contained there in? There is a very big difference there, man.

Upvote 0

Philosoft

Orthogonal, Tangential, Tenuously Related
Dec 26, 2002
Southeast of Disorder
Visit site
✟6,503.00
Faith
Atheist
KenH said:
Rush took full personal responsbility. He did not "blame" the drugs. If he had not take the prescription medicine then he would not have become addicted to it.
Well, here's what he said:
I am still experiencing that pain. Rather than opt for additional surgery for these conditions, I chose to treat the pain with prescribed medication. This medication turned out to be highly addictive.
Now, I have no quibble with his facts. OxyContin is indeed a highly addictive substance. However, assuming Rush knew about OxyContin's properties beforehand, his decision to take it seems out of political character, if you will.

Upvote 0

foolsparade

Jul 12, 2002
Pennsyl-tucky
✟2,584.00
Faith
Atheist
Durelen said:
So bound up in the law and the interpretation of it. By your reasoning then any drug is wrong. I think people are too fixated on the addiction side of it here and not really looking at the big picture since there is an underlining hatred for this man. I’m not saying that laws were not broken for they were. Good laws are in place to protect people not condemn them. Whether it be to protect them from themselves or to protect them from others there should be some meaning and definition to them.

This law that was broken is purely the protect from self type of law. Any judge that would condemn him would be out of line since this man has been seeking repentance by means of rehab and so forth. It’s not a case where a punk on a street corner is passing out crack to our youth in hopes of getting them into the drug scene.

I though it was rather well referenced in my post concerning drug use and what the bible has to say about it. If you think my reference is a load of whatever then do a search on the net concerning my references. You will get tons of the same conclusions.

As for alcohol it is entirely a different effect. Alcohol a mind expanding drug that opens you up to the spiritual world and anything contained there in? There is a very big difference there, man.
No, my reasoning is that addiction is an addiction. A vice is a vice. and vice versa. I don't "hate" Rush, I just think he is an idiot. I know you Christians love this type of statement; "drugs don't kill people, pleople kill people".

you write: "As for alcohol it is entirely a different effect. Alcohol a mind expanding drug that opens you up to the spiritual world and anything contained there in? There is a very big difference there, man"

huh?? I thought alcohol was a depressant not an hallucinogen. If what you say is true than LSD, Mushrooms, Peyote, Marijuana are all cool with you..man?

Upvote 0

Durelen

+|-|3
Sep 30, 2003
California
Visit site
✟873.00
Faith
Non-Denom
foolsparade said:
huh?? I thought alcohol was a depressant not an hallucinogen. If what you say is true than LSD, Mushrooms, Peyote, Marijuana are all cool with you..man?
I don’t think you understood the context of my statement. I was saying that alcohol is not like LSD or what ever. I see no evil with alcohol but of course it can be abused like any other substance.

"drugs don't kill people, pleople kill people".
I think you are mixing this up with guns. I've never heard drugs used in this statement.

Upvote 0