Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Rush said on his radio show today that he has had an addiction to pain killers for about 6 years due to back surgery and two herniated discs in his neck.

He will be off the air for 30 days while he is in a clinic. Guest hosts will carry on his show in his absence.

He did not talk about any legal matters as the authorities have asked him not to do so. But he did say there are inaccuracies in the stories about the legal matter.

He asked for our prayers. I would hope we would all act like Christians about this and pray for his recovery from the addiction to pain killers. After all, but for the grace of God, goes you and me.

Lillithspeak

The Umbrella
Aug 26, 2003
Vermont
✟9,786.00
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Doctrine1st said:
I hope all the best for his health, and hope maybe he'll use this 30 days to reflect on his demeanor, his arrogance, and his hippocracy.
It always amazes me how someone who has vilified everyone else he could think of in order to make himself a millionaire, now pleads for merciful understanding when he not only turned himself into a junkie, but bought illegal drugs and became a criminal. (And all these white collar guys always plead that it was because of back pain and pinched nerves, blah, blah blah.Let him show evidence he was given those drugs for that problem.) Of course, that's just one feminazi's opinion. I hope the creep is charged with everything the can think of and give him some serious time in prison. :clap:

Lillith

Upvote 0

Grizzly

Enemy of Christmas
Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2002
Tallahassee
✟46,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Maybe this experience will make him more sensitive and empathic to the plight of millions of drug addicts in this country.

And maybe the sun will freeze solid tomorrow.

I'm not optimistic about either.

Upvote 0

Durelen

+|-|3
Sep 30, 2003
California
Visit site
✟873.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Heh I don’t think I’ll bash on him as he asks for my prayers. And especially since getting addicted to painkillers after such intense severe pain could happen to anyone.

He was not doing any dope and I see no reason he should change his opinion of dope because he got addicted to prescription painkillers. You take painkillers when you are in pain and your body gets very used to it after a time. I’m sure it’s not that he wanted to take them to feel the high like when some take bong hits, but his body got used to the chemicals of it so he took it avoid the repercussions of withdraw effects from the drugs.

Hey I know a lot about real drug addiction, first hand, and I see no reason to dog on someone because of an addiction to painkillers due to a past serious medical condition. I think it’s pretty lame.

Upvote 0

Doctrine1st

Official nitwit
Oct 11, 2002
Seattle
Visit site
✟12,523.00
Faith
Politics
US-Others
I don't think anyone is uncompassionate enough to dog anyone about being in the grips of drugs, except maybe Rush as he has historically done. The uncompassionate aspect is that he has made a living bashing others. This is the same man while on TV had a picture of a teenage Chelsey (?) Clinton on the back wall of his set. As the Bible says "you reep what you sow."

Upvote 0

Durelen

+|-|3
Sep 30, 2003
California
Visit site
✟873.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Doctrine1st said:
I don't think anyone is uncompassionate enough to dog anyone about being in the grips of drugs, except maybe Rush as he has historically done. The uncompassionate aspect is that he has made a living bashing others. This is the same man while on TV had a picture of a teenage Chelsey (?) Clinton on the back wall of his set. As the Bible says "you reep what you sow."
So you are saying that if you are apposed to voluntarily used illegal drugs (cocain/pcp/meth) and have a serious medical condition that requires the legal prescription of pharmaceutical drugs and then become addicted to them over time that you deserve it? “You reap what you sow”?? How sad :(

Upvote 0

Doctrine1st

Official nitwit
Oct 11, 2002
Seattle
Visit site
✟12,523.00
Faith
Politics
US-Others
No, I'm saying that if one lambasts those who do have a dependency as part of the downfall of society, which he as done, then you have made your own bed.

It's not his drug problem, it's his holier than thou attitude that I'm sure he will correct. He has dry roasted Ted Kenedy about his drinking problems on a regular bases,that's a legal drug.

In addiction, he was allegedly having a second party buying them off the streets, so if that is true, this is not a legal prescription.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MichaelFJF

Nov 13, 2002
Utah
✟12,597.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
So the fact that he has a problem with a pain killer should prevent him from blasting Kennedy? If you follow that logic, no one would ever be able to criticize anyone. At least Rush is getting help. Yes, he's getting help as a result of getting caught. And what's Ted doing? Hoisting another one. M

Upvote 0

Durelen

+|-|3
Sep 30, 2003
California
Visit site
✟873.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Hey well the Pharisees didn’t like Jesus. Jesus out right insulted them and called them names. I don’t see the problem with Rush speaking his mind and insulting others as he does. And I don’t see why doing so makes him deserving of being addicted to pharmaceutical drugs that were legally prescribed to him in the beginning. This is not from recreational use (drugs/alcohol) and I’m sorry you don’t understand the point I’m making.

And in my opinion, if I could lock up every mind expanding illegal drug user the day before my sister started doing drugs I would in a heartbeat. It’s too late for that now though, much to late. Yes I mean users as well as dealers. Dealers may sell but users carry their gospel of drugs to others.

Upvote 0

Durelen

+|-|3
Sep 30, 2003
California
Visit site
✟873.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Oh BTW they said the housekeeper was getting the prescription drugs from a drug store and not by some dealer on the street. I’m not sure where the street accusations come from or the logic of it. Prescription drugs usually come from a pharmacy and not someone’s backyard drug lab.

Upvote 0

Doctrine1st

Official nitwit
Oct 11, 2002
Seattle
Visit site
✟12,523.00
Faith
Politics
US-Others
MichaelFJF said:
So the fact that he has a problem with a pain killer should prevent him from blasting Kennedy? If you follow that logic, no one would ever be able to criticize anyone. At least Rush is getting help. Yes, he's getting help as a result of getting caught. And what's Ted doing? Hoisting another one. M
Kennedy is just one example of many, my point is people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones, and everyone in the spotlight rushes out to get help for their problems when disclosed, and by the way this will be his 3rd attempt, he's not doing anything profound. Do you seen Ted Kenedy mocking anyone about their addiction? That's the difference here.

Upvote 0

Doctrine1st

Official nitwit
Oct 11, 2002
Seattle
Visit site
✟12,523.00
Faith
Politics
US-Others
Durelen said:
Hey well the Pharisees didn’t like Jesus. Jesus out right insulted them and called them names. I don’t see the problem with Rush speaking his mind and insulting others as he does. And I don’t see why doing so makes him deserving of being addicted to pharmaceutical drugs that were legally prescribed to him in the beginning. This is not from recreational use (drugs/alcohol) and I’m sorry you don’t understand the point I’m making.

And in my opinion, if I could lock up every mind expanding illegal drug user the day before my sister started doing drugs I would in a heartbeat. It’s too late for that now though, much to late. Yes I mean users as well as dealers. Dealers may sell but users carry their gospel of drugs to others.
Rush--> Jesus
Reality--> Legend

I think this could be considered one of those logic fallacies.

If you don't have a problem with someone insulting others for the very same things the insulter is doing behind closed doors, then God bless ya.

I AM NOT SAYING HE DESERVE TO BE A ADDICT!!

I AM SAYING HE DESERVES THE WEARING OF THE CROWN OF HIPPOCRACY!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

KenH

Christian
Aug 1, 2003
Arkansas
✟13,818.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Doctrine1st said:
I AM SAYING HE DESERVES THE WEARING OF THE CROWN OF HIPPOCRACY!!
I think you meant hypocrisy, not hippocracy. After Rush lost his excess weight I don't the hippo characterization applied anymore.;)

Upvote 0

Grizzly

Enemy of Christmas
Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2002
Tallahassee
✟46,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Durelen said:
Hey well the Pharisees didn’t like Jesus. Jesus out right insulted them and called them names. I don’t see the problem with Rush speaking his mind and insulting others as he does.
Interesting. Why did Jesus despise the Pharisees so much? Because they were HYPOCRITES. They knew the law but did not have love in their hearts. Does that not sound like a certain radio DJ drug addict that we know?

Rush Limbaugh and William Bennett are the Pharisees of today.

Upvote 0
What amazed me was what happened during the Democratic Presidential Debate last night (yes, there was one). One of the candidates (don't know who because I was half asleep) made a joking comment that one affordable way to have affordable health insurance would be to hire Rush Limbaugh's maid.

Yes, this was funny, but here was a man trying to be President of the United States making DIRECT, slanderous jokes about two SPECIFIC citizens: Limbaugh and the maid.

Sad and funny at the same time. Not very presidential.

Upvote 0