"It Could Be Worse"... It Could Be Better...

Fallior

Jul 14, 2014
Brooksville, Florida - USA
Visit site
✟15,217.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm going to start out by saying that I KNOW there will always be people in a worse spot, homeless, diseased, etc. I know. And I thank God we aren't that bad off.

Now then, it literally feels like things keep getting worse. I've always stuck to my belief that things will get better, and then things still get worse. There are off chances where something good does happen, but then something worse comes along. Like a 1 step forward and 2 steps back kind of deal.

We're not in a good position right now. Haven't been for multiple years. A ton of debt, in my moms name, all due to my stepdad 'forcing' her to sign for bank loans or credit cards and then riding it all up. He's technically 'paying the price' now by working much longer hours than a person should work, but even then it's surprisingly still not enough to get by.
My mom's disabled so she can't work, and he seems to always put his stress on her and scream at her all the time, causing her to be even worse with her stress and depression.
As for me, I don't even know what's wrong with me. Something is really messed up in my head where everything is really confusing to me. I can't work without being able to drive (due to jobs being too far away) and I can't drive because I can't figure it out. I tend to do good on the back road, but it's impossible for me to actually understand where the car is on the road, so I drive too far over to the left or right and if I did that on a main road, nothing good would come from it. Not only that but my own stress and anxiety makes it even more challenging. I feel like worthless garbage for not helping and I don't know what to do.
My own depression and loneliness (because I really want to find love and can never seem to find it) is killing me inside. All it's doing is causing me so much anger and frustration I constantly imagine picking up my chair and smashing it through the window or wanting to break something or whatever. And I know that's not what God wants, we are not supposed to have anger in us.

I have no idea what to do, my brain is going crazy I just want to rip it out of my head and throw it across the room. Not only we not get a break without everything going on...or not going on, I can't even get a break from my own head. It literally feels like I'm going insane. I don't know what to do.

I keep asking God to help us, I ask him what to do, what we should do, show us a sign, something. And nothing. He's probably answering me, but I hear nothing. I don't know if he's saying wait or if he's actually giving an answer and I can't hear it. I'm going crazy.

Purge187

Former Prodigal.
May 22, 2011
Oxford, MA
✟29,807.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I'm going to start out by saying that I KNOW there will always be people in a worse spot, homeless, diseased, etc. I know. And I thank God we aren't that bad off.

Now then, it literally feels like things keep getting worse. I've always stuck to my belief that things will get better, and then things still get worse. There are off chances where something good does happen, but then something worse comes along. Like a 1 step forward and 2 steps back kind of deal.

We're not in a good position right now. Haven't been for multiple years. A ton of debt, in my moms name, all due to my stepdad 'forcing' her to sign for bank loans or credit cards and then riding it all up. He's technically 'paying the price' now by working much longer hours than a person should work, but even then it's surprisingly still not enough to get by.
My mom's disabled so she can't work, and he seems to always put his stress on her and scream at her all the time, causing her to be even worse with her stress and depression.
As for me, I don't even know what's wrong with me. Something is really messed up in my head where everything is really confusing to me. I can't work without being able to drive (due to jobs being too far away) and I can't drive because I can't figure it out. I tend to do good on the back road, but it's impossible for me to actually understand where the car is on the road, so I drive too far over to the left or right and if I did that on a main road, nothing good would come from it. Not only that but my own stress and anxiety makes it even more challenging. I feel like worthless garbage for not helping and I don't know what to do.
My own depression and loneliness (because I really want to find love and can never seem to find it) is killing me inside. All it's doing is causing me so much anger and frustration I constantly imagine picking up my chair and smashing it through the window or wanting to break something or whatever. And I know that's not what God wants, we are not supposed to have anger in us.

I have no idea what to do, my brain is going crazy I just want to rip it out of my head and throw it across the room. Not only we not get a break without everything going on...or not going on, I can't even get a break from my own head. It literally feels like I'm going insane. I don't know what to do.

I keep asking God to help us, I ask him what to do, what we should do, show us a sign, something. And nothing. He's probably answering me, but I hear nothing. I don't know if he's saying wait or if he's actually giving an answer and I can't hear it. I'm going crazy.

Is there a Christain counselor you can talk to? You should speak to someone soon.

Upvote 0

dragongunner

Jul 30, 2012
Indiana
✟9,578.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I hear what your saying, I have been down and out in my life thinking at least it can't get any worse and then it does and thinking it will never get better…….I was blessed to of found a pastor full of the Holy Ghost that helped me so much through some very tough times. I hope you can find a pastor that will also help you, visit a Spirit filled church if you can and don't be afraid to ask for help from a pastor that can sit down and pray and help you one on one. As for me God as he promised has turned all my ashes into beauty…..you gotta have ashes first though, and in those ashes I drew closer to God.

Upvote 0

Fallior

Jul 14, 2014
Brooksville, Florida - USA
Visit site
✟15,217.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Is there a Christain counselor you can talk to? You should speak to someone soon.

At the moment I am talking to someone on another christian site, he messaged me first and started talking to me. In person stuff doesn't seem possible at the moment.

Sorry that you're going through such a rough time. Can you take several minutes to get in a quiet place and play some of your favorite Christian music?

Yeah I should probably do that. I know there is 1 good station I found on pandora, it's great.

I hear what your saying, I have been down and out in my life thinking at least it can't get any worse and then it does and thinking it will never get better…….I was blessed to of found a pastor full of the Holy Ghost that helped me so much through some very tough times. I hope you can find a pastor that will also help you, visit a Spirit filled church if you can and don't be afraid to ask for help from a pastor that can sit down and pray and help you one on one. As for me God as he promised has turned all my ashes into beauty…..you gotta have ashes first though, and in those ashes I drew closer to God.

I'm glad to hear things are turning around for the better for you. Right now, going to a church or past or even councillor isn't really possible currently. I am talking to someone, they aren't a pastor, but they are a christian who messaged me on another christian site and everything they say has been backed up biblically, I don't have a single bad feeling about this person and they have been helping me wonderfully over the past couple of days. I really pray me and my family will come out of this on top. That this is the turning point for the better in my life.

Upvote 0

Scottmcc1

Whose Report Will You Believe? Isaiah 53:1
Jan 17, 2011
Kansas City MO
Visit site
✟10,105.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married

Many will disagree with me. But I am adamant that a job is primary to having value in life. Ephesians 2:10 :)

You say you can't drive. This needs to be addressed. Why can't you understand where your car is on the road? :confused:

Having a job is central to finding love and to function in society. A job gives you ability to provide for others.

I hold the opinion if you can't find paying work, do volunteer work. This work may open a door to work that pays. And even if it does not it sows seeds for your future. It is primary that you don't just sit at home and watch TV. Turn off the TV and don't watch it. :preach:

Get off the internet and minimize the your time on it. Instead read your Bible. You will find your answer in Christ. Read mainly the New Testament and Psalms and Proverbs. Because you are not working you can read many chapters a day. There are Bible reading schedules that say read 3 chapters a day. That is for people that work 40+ hours a week. Because you are not working you have a lot more time in the day and should read many more chapters than 3 a day. :thumbsup:

Read morning noon and night. Read the Bible after breakfast, lunch and supper and before you go to bed. Acquire a hunger for the Bible and devour it. Don't just read to be reading. Read with prayer to God as you read. Ask Him about the Scriptures and what they mean. Pray over what you learn.

How far from Brooksville do you live. Go to a church there. Even if it is not the church you would like. Go and listen. It would be best if they preach the Bible. Don't argue with what they teach. This church might be a place where you can volunteer. Your work there could be a key to your improvement. As you sow help to others, others will sow help to you.

Learn what it means to believe God. Learn the steps and laws of faith. Learn how to get your prayers answered. Find a verse that speaks to you and memorize it. :pray:

Upvote 0