isa son of god?

shaks

Jul 19, 2006
✟15,976.00
Faith
Muslim
Mercury you need to think about the difference between a father and the Creator.
We see many fathers around but Allah is The only Creator so its hard to relate to that. You could imagine manufacturing/producing/developing/inventing some Object as thats the closest human beings can get to the process of creation. We can not create anything from scratch. Anyway, you wouldnt call this object your SON would you??. It can be an invention or a product etc for you and thats all.

Just like that we are creations of Allah and thats all.

Upvote 0

MercuryAndy

Senior Veteran
Mar 6, 2006
Scotland
✟12,446.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Mercury you need to think about the difference between a father and the Creator.
We see many fathers around but Allah is The only Creator so its hard to relate to that. You could imagine manufacturing/producing/developing/inventing some Object as thats the closest human beings can get to the process of creation. We can not create anything from scratch. Anyway, you wouldnt call this object your SON would you??. It can be an invention or a product etc for you and thats all.

Just like that we are creations of Allah and thats all.

so im the son of god????
and your the son of god?

Upvote 0

Gracchus

Senior Veteran
Dec 21, 2002
California
Visit site
✟23,182.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
so im the son of god????
and your the son of god?

As much as Jesus was,although I will concede he may have been a more obedient son. Jesus himself indicated that God was our father. (But he referred to himself as "the son of man"! Was Mary a man?) Or maybe he is God's only "legitimate" son, and the rest of us are "Fitz'Gods", sons of God but not acknowleged by him?

The geneology thing is not well thought out. It is very confusing.

:confused:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally Posted by Adeeb
yes, in a metaphorical way, not physical. Christians say Jesus was physically the son of God. We dont agee with that.
Jesus couldn't actually prove He was the Son of God unless He rose from the dead.
The Apostle Saul/Paul explains that here and until the Muslims start reading and studying revelation, they will not understand Paul. In some ways, Jesus symbolically "died" to the Law maybe.

(Young) Romans 1:1 Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, a called apostle, having been separated to the good news of God-- 2 which He announced before through His prophets in holy writings-- 3 concerning His Son, (who is come of the seed of David according to the flesh, 4 who is marked out Son of God in power, according to the Spirit of sanctification, by the rising again from the dead,) Jesus Christ our Lord;
Reve 1:17 And when I saw him, I did fall at his feet as dead, and he placed his right hand upon me, saying to me, `Be not afraid; I am the First and the Last, 18 and he who is living, and I did become dead, and, lo, I am living to the ages of the ages. Amen! and I have the keys of the hades and of the death. Revelation 2:18 `And to the messenger of the assembly of Thyatira write: These things saith the Son of God, who is having his eyes as a flame of fire, and his feet like to fine brass;
Exodus 24:8 And Moses took the blood, sprinkled [it] on the people, and said, "This is the blood of the covenant which the LORD has made with you according to all these words."

Hebrews 12:24 to Jesus the Mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling that speaks better things than [that of] Abel.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
You havent cuz God hasnt got any sons.
Umm, who is this in Revelation? :eek:

http://www.scripture4all.org/
Revelation 2:18 `And to the messenger of the assembly of Thyatira write: These things saith the Son of [the] God, who is having his eyes as a flame of fire, and his feet like to fine brass;

o <3588> {THE} uioV <5207> tou <3588> {SON} qeou <2316> {OF GOD,}
(Young) Matthew 16:16 and Simon Peter answering said, `Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.'

[ISA] answering yet Simon Peter said you are the Christ, the Son of the God, the Living.

su <4771> {THOU} ei <1488> (5748) {ART} o <3588> {THE} cristoV <5547> {CHRIST,} o <3588> {THE} uioV <5207> tou <3588> {SON} qeou <2316> {OF GOD} tou <3588> {THE} zwntoV <2198> (5723) {LIVING.}

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally Posted by shaks
that would make sence.
Hi MA..
Have you ever read and studied the translation of the book of Revelation by any chance? Just curious

http://www.scripture4all.org/ [good interlinear]

(Young) Mark 9:7 And there came a cloud overshadowing them, and there came a Voice out of the cloud, saying, `This is My Son--the Beloved, hear ye him;'

Revelation 2:18 `And to the messenger of the assembly of Thyatira write: These things saith the Son of [the] God, who is having his eyes as a flame of fire, and his feet like to fine brass;

o <3588> {THE} uioV <5207> tou <3588> {SON} qeou <2316> {OF GOD,}

Upvote 0

Jadis40

Sep 19, 2004
Indiana, USA
✟47,145.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

Jesus Christ was more than just a mere man, he was both fully man and fully God.

I think the Athanasian Creed, in this paragraph beautifully explains it:

Furthermore, it is necessary to everlasting salvation that he also
believe rightly the Incarnation of our Lord Jesus Christ.
For the right Faith is, that we believe and confess,
that our Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God, is God and Man;
God, of the substance of the Father, begotten before the worlds;
and Man of the substance of his Mother, born in the world;
Perfect God and perfect Man,
of a reasonable soul and human flesh subsisting.

John 1:1-5
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
The same was in the beginning with God.
All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
In him was life; and the life was the life of men.
And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

John 1:14
And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father.) full of grace and truth.

I chose the KJV for those verses because they're the clearest to understand in my mind.

Upvote 0

ServantofTheOne

Aug 19, 2004
✟1,449.00
Faith
Muslim
God begetting a son sounds more like greek mythology than pure monotheism.

do you realize what your are saying by claiming that Jesus(pbuh) is the 'begotten' son of God? you are essentially claiming that:

1. God had a physical relationship with Mary in order to produce Jesus(pbuh) as offspring. the process of fatherhood requires a man and woman in order to 'beget' or 'sire' a child.

2. God is a masculine figure... since He is the 'father' who 'begot' Jesus(pbuh). How would this make women of the world feel? that their Creator supposedly is a MAN. could explain why feminists turn away from christian doctrine.

lets all go back to the pure message of Jesus(pbuh).. MONOTHEISM.

Upvote 0

Jadis40

Sep 19, 2004
Indiana, USA
✟47,145.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

God begetting a son sounds more like greek mythology than pure monotheism.

do you realize what your are saying by claiming that Jesus(pbuh) is the 'begotten' son of God? you are essentially claiming that:

1. God had a physical relationship with Mary in order to produce Jesus(pbuh) as offspring. the process of fatherhood requires a man and woman in order to 'beget' or 'sire' a child.

2. God is a masculine figure... since He is the 'father' who 'begot' Jesus(pbuh). How would this make women of the world feel? that their Creator supposedly is a MAN. could explain why feminists turn away from christian doctrine.

lets all go back to the pure message of Jesus(pbuh).. MONOTHEISM.

This is completely false. God never had a physical relationship with Mary.

Luke 1:34-35
Mary asked the angel, "But how can I have a baby? I am a virgin."
The angel replied, "The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the baby born to you will be holy, and he will be called the Son of God."

I also think this is important too:

Colossians 1:15-17
Christ is the visible image of the invisible God. He existed before God made anything at all and is supreme over all creation.
Christ is the one through whom God created everything in heaven and earth. He made the things we can see and the things we can't see - kings, kingdoms, rulers and authorities. Everything has been created through him and for him.
He existed before everything else began, and he holds all creation together.

So the central point I'm trying to make is that Jesus Christ is more than just a mere man, and he was more than a prophet. He was God in the flesh.

Upvote 0

ServantofTheOne

Aug 19, 2004
✟1,449.00
Faith
Muslim
be&#8231;get&#8194; /b&#618;&#712;g&#603;t/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[bi-get] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
&#8211;verb (used with object), be&#8231;got or (Archaic) be&#8231;gat; be&#8231;got&#8231;ten or be&#8231;got; be&#8231;get&#8231;ting.
1. (esp. of a male parent) to procreate or generate (offspring).
2. to cause; produce as an effect: a belief that power begets power.

'begotten son' insinuates a fathering of a child, how else does one father a child without a physical relationship.

??? how, the Creator wills it to BE and it is, no need to attribute fatherhood to the Creator, He is above all that is human.

Upvote 0