Western Pennsylvania, USA
✟25,688.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
My heart is actually two sizes too small.

f4gv9d.jpg

Upvote 0

Im_A

Legend
May 10, 2004
✟35,359.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Yesterday, I watched a video that doesn't seem to get out of my mind. So I hope that I can explain this thread best enough to get answers or thoughts on it.

Do you feel that your heart is too big? Its so big that it might actually scare someone off?
I think its possible that my heart is too big for people to handle, but my heart is perfect in my eyes.

Upvote 0

BigMat

Jan 4, 2011
New Mexico, USA
✟8,669.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
After watching the movie all the way through I had one thought:

That girl's heart was a burden to herself and others. And I don't think that is the way God designed us to be.

Maybe I'm missing the intended point of the video but, I perceived it in an entirely different way.

I wasn't particularly impressed by the guy in that video. Awkward clunky heart prop aside, that woman was exhibiting an amazing personality -- happy, smiling, being kind to people, warmly greeting others. The guy only wanted something to do with her when her beauty, her true self, was overshadowed by depression and discouragement. When he saw her true beauty (her heart) shine, when he saw who she really was, he ran away and didn't want anything to do with her. The video was trying to make the statement that something was wrong with the woman. In my eyes, the only statement it made was that the dude and all the people who were turned off by the woman's kindness are the ones who are twisted.

Being pretty or gorgeous (which society often mistakes for beauty) is one thing and true beauty, which stems from a person's heart or from their spirit, is another thing. I believe that being drop dead gorgeous and having an amazing personality are both gifts from God. Being good looking is in no way more valuable or appealing than having a beautiful heart. If this video was to say that this woman was too pretty and needed to hide her good looks, then people would be crying outrage. Instead it says that this woman's heart shines too bright and she should obscure it. Sadly, some people seem to agree.

When someone's physical beauty shines on everyone they come across, people aren't turned off by it but, instead, they are attracted to it. When the beauty of someone's heart shines on people, apparently they are turned off by it. I've never seen people call the abundant good looks that God gave to a supermodel a burden to those around her. Yet, I see people calling the abundant beauty that God formed into a person's heart a burden to those it shines upon. People celebrate ample good looks but shun ample inner beauty. I don't understand that and I find it to be very distasteful.

As for me, I find beauty that shines from within far more valuable and appealing than "beauty" that only shines on the surface.

Of course it's late, I've had a busy day, and maybe I've just written a bunch of gibberish that doesn't make any sense. I suppose I'll find out tomorrow when I'm not reading it through drooping eyelids.

Last edited:
Upvote 0