✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What is the relevance of Mr Tyson here?
He is talking about the comet that will be passing over Jerusalem on Friday April 13, 2029. That is the 2,000 from when Jesus died on the cross at calvary. Then 7 years later the comet will pass over Jerusalem again on Resurrection Sunday. I use this as a marker to know that I have the right day and the right year. Just as I use the nano diamond comet around 13,000 years ago to mark when this age we live in began. NOTE I am NOT saying as Neil degrasse Tyson does that the comet is going to destroy the earth in 2036. I am ONLY using these comets as a marker to set the dates by. 2021, 2029, 2036 the comet goes by the earth every 7 years.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That debt forgiveness thing is both good and bad. The good is that I can buy vacation property and the mortgage will be erased. The bad is that I won't be getting interest payments from my bond funds.

They applied to a theocratic nation over 6000 years ago.

Like all laws they are only as good as the people following and enforcing them. The Israelites proved over time failures, for the most part.

If you have not read the accounts from when they left Egypt to their eventual captivity in Babylon it is an interesting exploration of the human condition.

For example, your post quoted above shows the condition they were condemned for. They tried to find ways to circumvent God's Laws and find ways to profit from them at their neighbors expense. Exactly what an itinerant rabbi in Jesus Christ took them to task on many occasions.

He could do so as the Law Giver.

Upvote 0

tickingclocker

Mar 11, 2016
US
✟22,021.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes but it was their job to keep track of the calendar and to tell us when the Year of Jubilee is. It looks like they are still doing that though, even if there is no temple.
Like I said, the temple had nothing to do with the Year of Jubilee. Why would that matter, then or now?

Upvote 0

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟374,249.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
For example, your post quoted above shows the condition they were condemned for. They tried to find ways to circumvent God's Laws and find ways to profit from them at their neighbors expense. Exactly what an itinerant rabbi in Jesus Christ took them to task on many occasions.

Not to go off-topic, but the Jews were only prohibited from charging interest to each other. Lending with interest to Gentiles was acceptable. In fact, in the parable of the talents, Jesus says the master scolds the servant who didn't invest the money entrusted to him in order to earn a greater return:

“But his lord answered and said to him, ‘You wicked and lazy servant, you knew that I reap where I have not sown, and gather where I have not scattered seed. So you ought to have deposited my money with the bankers, and at my coming I would have received back my own with interest. Therefore take the talent from him, and give it to him who has ten talents."

Matt 25:26-28

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not to go off-topic, but the Jews were only prohibited from charging interest to each other. Lending with interest to Gentiles was acceptable. In fact, in the parable of the talents, Jesus says the master scolds the servant who didn't invest the money entrusted to him in order to earn a greater return:

“But his lord answered and said to him, ‘You wicked and lazy servant, you knew that I reap where I have not sown, and gather where I have not scattered seed. So you ought to have deposited my money with the bankers, and at my coming I would have received back my own with interest. Therefore take the talent from him, and give it to him who has ten talents."

Matt 25:26-28

Yes that was a parable. Not portfolio advice.

Upvote 0