Mabaho na Kuya
Jul 30, 2013
The greatest state in the Union: Ohio
✟26,502.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
I think it's more about the rather gruesome eschatological ideas that are associated with it in the OPs view.
Oh, well technically, every jew in Israel suffers the same fate as everyone else who isn't Christian in the end of times. Jews living in Israel don't get a free pass to heaven if they do't come to Christ.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,191,018.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Oh, well technically, every jew in Israel suffers the same fate as everyone else who isn't Christian in the end of times. Jews living in Israel don't get a free pass to heaven if they do't come to Christ.

Depends on who you ask.

Upvote 0

ChristsSoldier115

Mabaho na Kuya
Jul 30, 2013
✟26,502.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Depends on who you ask.
Well, those guys must be idiots, because it says like numerous times in the new testament that Christ is the only way. I guess they skim over that part because it doesn't fit their weird christian zionist agenda.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
6.6 billion deaths, what a lovely deity.
Evolution works off of extinctions and radiations or population explosions. We had an extinction around 12,000 years ago. Some people believe that WW3 will still be a part of that extinction.

"An extinction event (also known as a mass extinction or biotic crisis) is a widespread and rapid decrease in the biodiversity on Earth. Such an event is identified by a sharp change in the diversity and abundance of multicellular organisms. It occurs when the rate of extinction increases with respect to the rate of speciation. Because the majority of diversity and biomass on Earth is microbial, and thus difficult to measure, recorded extinction events affect the easily observed, biologically complex component of the biosphere rather than the total diversity and abundance of life.[1]" Wiki

2000px-Extinction_intensity.svg.png

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think it's more about the rather gruesome eschatological ideas that are associated with it in the OPs view.
So you think that Darwin's theory of evolution is "gruesome"?

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,191,018.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
So you think that Darwin's theory of evolution is "gruesome"?

The theory of evolution is a only a description of natural processes. Some of those are rather nasty but this is happening in an indifferent universe. There is no intent to make the natural world the way it is, it just is.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,191,018.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Evolution works off of extinctions and radiations or population explosions. We had an extinction around 12,000 years ago. Some people believe that WW3 will still be a part of that extinction.

Which has what to do with your deity causing 6.6 billion people to die as part of its plans?

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married

If some of the Christian posters here are a representation of the Christians in Heaven, count this Jew out.

Reactions: LinguaIgnota
Upvote 0

ChristsSoldier115

Mabaho na Kuya
Jul 30, 2013
✟26,502.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
If it happened 12,000 years ago why are you using a chart that reflects extinction events from hundreds of millions of years ago?

"An extinction event (also known as a mass extinction or biotic crisis) is a widespread and rapid decrease in the biodiversity on Earth. Such an event is identified by a sharp change in the diversity and abundance of multicellular organisms. It occurs when the rate of extinction increases with respect to the rate of speciation. Because the majority of diversity and biomass on Earth is microbial, and thus difficult to measure, recorded extinction events affect the easily observed, biologically complex component of the biosphere rather than the total diversity and abundance of life.[1]" Wiki

2000px-Extinction_intensity.svg.png

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Which has what to do with your deity causing 6.6 billion people to die as part of its plans?
You will die, its a scientific fact. Why are you fretting over a natural part of living in thisc world?

Let us examine your question within the context. You blame God for killing people but not thank him for giving life too, nor thank him for the promise of eternal life

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,191,018.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Why are you fretting over a natural part of living in thisc world?

I am not fretting over natural deaths, I am inquiring about the nature of an alleged deity that would include killing billions of people via nuclear holocaust as part of its plans.

Let us examine your question within the context. You blame God for killing people but not thank him for giving life too, nor thank him for the promise of eternal life

I don't thank, or blame, a deity for anything as I am not convinced that such a thing exists.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I am not fretting over natural deaths, I am inquiring about the nature of an alleged deity that would include killing billions of people via nuclear holocaust as part of its plans.

I don't thank, or blame, a deity for anything as I am not convinced that such a thing exists.

All I'm saying is that your judgment is bias and subjective. If you question a God for killing people, at least acknowledge he first gave life, and promises eternal life.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,191,018.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
If you question a God for killing people, at least acknowledge he first gave life, and promises eternal life.

Should I preface any remarks about Andrea Yates actions with compliments about her conceiving and birthing her children prior to her drowning them?

Upvote 0

tickingclocker

Mar 11, 2016
US
✟22,021.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So many imminent predictions here lately. I look forward to watching them fall flat.

The rapture before the election so Obama can declare marshal law and stay in office is still the best.
While I don't care for your delivery, I do sort of agree with your reality check re: "so many imminent predictions" here lately. Granted I'm admittedly not even a remote student of eschatology, for my own personal reasons, but I still cannot see the benefit of all these tiresome "predictions". Like someone is going to get one right someday, where Jesus shows up on their timetable?? Has Christianity descended into a carnival of contorting spiritual acrobats jumping about? Or is it keeping our eyes on the Lord with patience and faith while working for the Kingdom? Jesus told those who personally lived with Him to leave it alone and follow HIM! Not pay attention to various human "predictions". When those predictions fail to appear, as they must being human-generated not spirit-generated, they damage the faith of the weak. And nobody spouting off all these eschatological determinations keeps them in mind, like Jesus told them to? That makes no sense to me. Let Jesus determine when He's returning. Not us. He is God. Not us. It's not like He won't if we don't tell Him when to return!

I often wonder just how much time all these predictors who so diligently search the scriptures for the Lord's ETA give to searching out the lost and sharing the gift of salvation with them? Now that, Jesus DID command us to do, without question. No acrobatics or involved predictions needed. Has that simple act of faith somehow become "trite or boring", compared to the excitement of declaring "Jesus will return on Oct. 23 at 11:59 AM over Jerusalem of THIS YEAR!!!! Get ready!!!"? What will such stewards of the Gospel be taking with them to heaven? Nothing but their precious charts, books and notes?

I accept that you don't believe along the same lines, but its my two cents for what its worth.

I would still like to know if this is a Year of Jubilee for the Jews, for curiosity's sake. If it is, then... Well, that's interesting. Pass the salt.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

tickingclocker

Mar 11, 2016
US
✟22,021.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Give it back to who? Only a Remnant is going to survive.
The world will be reduced to 10% of what the current population level is.
if this is a Year of Jubilee, then it should matter to people who are living before Jesus' return. Jubilee years have been occuring all along as a Jewish calendar tradition, not just after a "rapture". However, the reasons and benefits behind the Year of Jubilee haven't been honored or enacted for centuries in Israel. No one has any land returned to them. Not to my knowledge, that is.

Although... when the British mandated a certain area be known as Palestine in 1924, was that considered part of a Year of Jubilee to the Jews? Maybe Israel will move their border fences back a few feet in Palestine if this is a Jubilee year, in honor of Shimon Perez's passing? It remains to be seen.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
if this is a Year of Jubilee, then it should matter to people who are living before Jesus' return. Jubilee years have been occuring all along as a Jewish calendar tradition, not just after a "rapture". However, the reasons and benefits behind the Year of Jubilee haven't been honored or enacted for centuries in Israel. No one has any land returned to them. Not to my knowledge, that is.

Although... when the British mandated a certain area be known as Palestine in 1924, was that considered part of a Year of Jubilee to the Jews? Maybe Israel will move their border fences back a few feet in Palestine if this is a Jubilee year, in honor of Shimon Perez's passing? It remains to be seen.
A lot of land seems to be changing hands in the Middle East in Iraq, Syria, Libya for example. I have not heard anyone try to attribute this to the year of the Jubilee though.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If it happened 12,000 years ago why are you using a chart that reflects extinction events from hundreds of millions of years ago?
Because as any evolutionist can tell you there have been many extinctions and they seem to go in cycles. There is always a remnant that God or Evolution uses to repopulate the earth. Right now because of global warming there are a lot of crabs & squid in the ocean. My wife eats all that weird stuff and every now and then she will bring home a bunch of something because the prices were real good on it. Also there are things in the ocean going extinct because of the change in the temperature of the water. When one species dies off then other species begins to expand due to the change in the conditions.

Upvote 0

tickingclocker

Mar 11, 2016
US
✟22,021.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
A lot of land seems to be changing hands in the Middle East in Iraq, Syria, Libya for example. I have not heard anyone try to attribute this to the year of the Jubilee though.
And neither have I. The Year of Jubilee has become an empty tradition within Israel, but it remains a Jewish cultural tradition nevertheless. That's why I murmured tongue-in-cheek 'pass the salt'. It remains an interesting factoid to Christians simply because its mentioned in the bible.

Upvote 0