"Is this the way" to soundtrack campaign news?

mrversatile48

Jan 19, 2004
Merseyside
✟2,810.00
Faith
Christian
See BBC version of Amarillo, with Blair & Howard lookalikes dancing to the new chorus @ "election fever in the air":-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/vote_2005/frontpage/4420385.stm

Do you think it demeans democracy to create such a cover video with the presenter of TV news' election coverage?

& to use mimics Rory Bremner & Alistair McGowan, with comic Rich Hill?

Having had nearly 40 years experience of creative evangelism, inc writing to every Prime Minister since Harold Wilson, & to every major newspaper, magazine & TV/radio station - & inc 3/4 yrs as a pro entertainer, (using comic impressions ever since I could talk!) - can you guess my instant reaction?

I thanked God for answering my prayers!

What prayers?

& why?

Prayers for a revival-scale outpouring of God's Spirit in UK - inc in all political parties, & in the voters, as per Romans 13:1 etc

As I've said in several threads this year, such deep disillusionment with the democratic process encourages recruiters for terrorism & revolution

& the only thing that saved 1789 UK from following France into bloodshed & revolution was the persistent UK-wide open air preaching of John Wesley

On the bus here, I didn't know @ that new video

When I asked God what to read in preparation for today, He led me to Exodus

Anyone else feel God call them to step out of the slavery of Cyber-Egypt & praise the Almighty Creator in the beauty of creation?

& to draw the many who love "nature" to worship the Creator, rather than created things, in this materialistic society?

Anyone else feel led to ask their local churches to organise campaign meetings where local electors can meet all candidates, hear their presentations & debate, & ask questions, etc?

& to make sure all candidates not only know @ Christians' concerns, but have opportunity to know the love, power & wisdom of Christ in their own hearts & minds, to cope with all challenges in Christ's strength, not their own?

Southport Elim host just such a meeting, Wed 20th

Prayer for revival in our communities, cities, counties & country leads to action, yes?

& as Faithworks Campaign demonstrated, the most active & fruitful community oraganisations in @ every village, town & city are the Christian churches

In '97, we were promised funding for "faith based community projects"

Do any members have stories similar to the '80s Govt-funded "Contact & Care Service" @ St Mary's, Upton, Wirral, enabling many to dedicate themselves, full-time, to serving the elderly & disabled?

I've urged the leaders of Southport Churches Together to apply for such funding, & to ask all candidates to support such initiatives, as Southport has more OAPs than any other northern town

How @ where you live?

What is needed to revive your community?

C U after lunch

God bless!

Ian

mrversatile48

Jan 19, 2004
Merseyside
✟2,810.00
Faith
Christian
Voegelin said:
Best wishes in your efforts.

Did anyone go to Westminster "Make Poverty History" on Friday?

The vigil was on news @ www.ubc.co.uk - Ronan Keating sang & an equally famous singer whose name escapes me in the reggae music & 2 conversations here, so I'm sure many radio/TV news covered it

Main point is to get out of the mindset that all we citizens can do is vote

'Net discussion forums, radio phone-ins & emails to TV, radio & the press can galvanise much-needed action at any time of need

& knowing the intense pressures on those in office, those of us who have time & interest can initiate & discuss ideas that can help harassed MPs greatly

2 mins left to encourage the many active USA folk to pray us apathetic Brits into fulfilling our prophetic role at this time

God bless!

Ian

Upvote 0