• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Is this God or OCD?

Harley.

Jul 5, 2022
Us
✟43,770.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Sometimes ill get a thought telling me if I don't do X a certain number of times Y (specific bad thing) will happen.

Other times certain thoughts I think will trigger a painful prick on my body. I can't tell if this is God. It seems to be accurate so it scares me. It has predicted so many outcomes correctly.

Proselyte of Yah

Your Friendly Neighborhood Arian
Apr 26, 2022
Midlands
Visit site
✟24,105.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
It's 100% OCD. You're exibitingbehaviours and thought patterns of OCD I've noticed. Even by posting multiple times and repeating the same question (which is obsessive desire for certainty), as well as some addictive tendencies, which can be symptomatic of OCD and other conditions OCD is co-morbid with (ADHD, ASD, Bipolar, etc).

I say this as someone who has also had certain forms of OCD in life.

I advise looking up the Youtube channel "madeofmillions" because it has fantastic advice for OCD sufferers. I will link directly:

Check out their playlists on the types of OCDs and what applies to you. But I imagine you might have "classical" OCD going on, which makes you think you have to do illogical rituals to prevent bad events, but you also might have sexual OCD, and also Religious Scrupulosity OCD.

That painful prick you get also can be part of OCD, where extremely strong thoughts can almost have "physical sensations". This is known as "OCD Thought-sensory fusion".

Some other videos for you:

Pure O OCD | Unwanted Intrusive Thoughts & Why You Have Them
OCD can't survive when you do this
OCD3: Dr. Phillipson Talks Science, Symptoms & Treatment of OCD
Why logic doesn't work with OCD

I pray for your wellbeing and that you're able to progress in treating the condition.

Just know that it can't harm you, they are just thoughts at the end of the day from an overprotective mind making association fallacies with thoughts and ideas as threats and creating a "psychological superstition" ie; "magical thinking" as a coping method for the intrusive thoughts, feelings and ideas you have.

Last edited:
Upvote 0