Mississippi
✟251,849.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
You know how it is, some get so preoccupied with COP they don't want to acknowledge justification by grace alone through faith alone. Because that might make Christians think they have a licence to sin.

Yes i have seen that is a main focus of many. Sin dominates their theology, not sure if they believe Jesus has taken away the sin of the world or not, many i do not believe do.

It is true as a believer God does not want the believer to sin ( and that can also be said of the unbeliever) but as a whole the sin barrier has been removed. Sin for the believer is about having a good and right relationship with God and noting about whether they are a believer or not.

“You Don’t Take Sin Seriously!” (Romans 3:8) – Grace Evangelical Society

Can I Dance and Still Be Saved? – Grace Evangelical Society

Free Grace DOES Take Sin Seriously – Grace Evangelical Society

True Christians Won’t Practice Sin — A Doctrine That Destroys Assurance – Grace Evangelical Society

Last edited:
Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,583.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Many would say the second one is attempting salvation through personal performance.
What people say is irrelevant.

The gift from God is the Kingdom, death no longer being a finality. No man could have changed the death penalty. Those of this new Kingdom put God's will first which is love all as self. Those not of the Kingdom whose only reward will be what they acquire here, are focused on self and gain at the expense of others. The Kingdom is not theirs, just the world they have made in their own image that we are taught by them since birth to follow. Even the Christian institution at one point rejoined the world of man to work in tandem with empires and even became king makers themselves. Their works are their doom. We are to practice discernment for a reason for nothing of man can be trusted. Yet at the same time we are commanded to care for all in times of need as we would want to happen for ourselves. Compassion trumps self-interest, and if that is works then bring it on, for it reflects the will of God.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is only one gospel! It was preached by Jesus the son of GOD anything else is superfluous.

JFF
If you are correct , how then could any say that Adam and Eve were ever saved OR were they LOST ?

what say you ?

dan p

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

YeshuaFollower

Veritas vos liberabit
Dec 6, 2022
eastern townships, Quebec
✟17,234.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
If you are correct , how then could any say that Adam and Eve were ever saved OR were they LOST ?

what say you ?

dan p
Jesus the son of god is one, his gospel is from the beginning to the end of time, God never changes. Everyone will be judged at the resurrection by Jesus himself, his gospel is the only one and encompasses all scriptures. I doubt very much that Adam or Eve are lost, if it was the case we would have no hope.

jff

Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟734,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
I wanted to answer the question of the OP because it seems there is more than one gospel. If you are Catholic you believe one gospel and if you are Protestant (especially Calvinist) there is a whole other gospel.

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟370,327.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I wanted to answer the question of the OP because it seems there is more than one gospel. If you are Catholic you believe one gospel and if you are Protestant (especially Calvinist) there is a whole other gospel.
That does pose a significant problem, of course. It eliminates all saints prior to the advent of Jesus Christ and the preaching of the Christian gospel. It stretches credibility to imagine that anyone prior to the advent of Jesus Christ understood, much less heard, the Christian gospel.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,583.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
It stretches credibility to imagine that anyone prior to the advent of Jesus Christ understood, much less heard, the Christian gospel.
Jesus' gospel was/is the Gospel of the Kingdom, that God's will comes and will come before that of man's. God has been saying this since the Garden. Few are interested. They prefer to seek how they can benefit the self centered species that we are..

Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟734,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
That does pose a significant problem, of course. It eliminates all saints prior to the advent of Jesus Christ and the preaching of the Christian gospel. It stretches credibility to imagine that anyone prior to the advent of Jesus Christ understood, much less heard, the Christian gospel.
Why would it eliminate all Saints unless the Church that Christ founded didn't have authority as in the verse.
"I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven."

That applies to the Apostolic Succession, not a random Protestant lawyer who had their own idea they put above the Church

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why would it eliminate all Saints unless the Church that Christ founded didn't have authority as in the verse.
"I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven."

That applies to the Apostolic Succession, not a random Protestant lawyer who had their own idea they put above the Church
Help us out , where Apostolic Succession is in the bible ?

dan p

Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟734,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Help us out , where Apostolic Succession is in the bible ?

dan p
Apostolic succession precedes the Bible. I'm sure you know the Biblical Cannon was agreed upon over 300 years after Chris and it was agreed upon by the Bishops of The Church who were called from all corners of the Earth not just a lawyer in his study. If you want to go with a lawyers view be my guest but I'll stick with The Church Christ founded through St Perer.

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟370,327.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Jesus' gospel was/is the Gospel of the Kingdom, that God's will comes and will come before that of man's. God has been saying this since the Garden. Few are interested. They prefer to seek how they can benefit the self centered species that we are..
Am I correct understanding that you view the gospel of Jesus Christ as having nothing to do with His death, burial, and resurrection?

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,583.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Am I correct understanding that you view the gospel of Jesus Christ as having nothing to do with His death, burial, and resurrection?
That was accomplishing what was necessary to bring the Kingdom to fruition.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus the son of god is one, his gospel is from the beginning to the end of time, God never changes. Everyone will be judged at the resurrection by Jesus himself, his gospel is the only one and encompasses all scriptures. I doubt very much that Adam or Eve are lost, if it was the case we would have no hope.

jff
And Gen 3:21 say how they were saved and where ATONEMENT began !!

dan p

Upvote 0