Is there any disciples of Christ among us?

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Many people don't know others who have given up everything to be Jesus' disciple, even though it is .... .... .... important.... .... ....
She was one example, faithful and true, for over half a century,
of how believers can live trusting in God. (He literally Guards His Word to Perform it).

So many believers today have fallen for 'trusting in' retirement , insurance , disability, or other 'entitlements' or 'annuities' or ? , WITHOUT ever knowing what Jesus says, and without ever learning to abide with Him every moment of every day, and without ever seeing first hand (possibly) anyone else live a life of faith.
Corrie is a wonderful example.
There are a few others - but people aren't even interested in living as God's Word says a life of faith, generally.

Upvote 0

Razare

God gave me a throne
Nov 20, 2014
✟10,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Christ had many disciples before he was killed...

Then Jesus told them, "This very night you will all fall away on account of me, for it is written: "'I will strike the shepherd, and the sheep of the flock will be scattered.' - Matthew 26:31

The bar was set that men should give up their lives to follow Christ to be his disciple, and all his disciples failed on this point.

They gave up everything afterward, when their old nature was crucified and their old self buried in the depths of the sea through the atonement.

A Christian owns goods but owns nothing because all they have belongs to God. And when we believe otherwise, we are believing a lie. God gave you your body, your job, your provision, your shelter, your finances, your family, your air, your new spirit and life in Christ.

That you have something that does not belong to God already is a lie. There is simply failure to follow God's will on our part because of deceptions.

So give up all your money if you feel led, or as a learning experience, God will have us do it sometimes. But God for example in Deuteronomy 28 commands a blessing on our storehouses. This means, we have to have a storehouse for God to bless it, and those that don't have storehouses are not following God's will to permit God to bless their storehouse. But just because we have a storehouse, does not mean that storehouse does not belong to God.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You state,..."only that we be willing to if it came to it".

I believe Jesus did say,.....whoever DOES not renounce ALL that he has, cannot be My disciple.

Whoever DOES, not whoever is willing.

Renounce definition, .....

Formally declare one's abandonment of a claim, a right or possession.

to abandon definition, ...

to give up with the intent of never again asserting or claiming an interest in a right or property.

If we indeed have a RIGHT to live our lives, if we indeed POSSESS free will,
if then we declare our abandonment to the right to live our own lives , or if we declare the abandonment
to the right to possess our free will,
have we then renounced All (everything we possess, including free will)?

Is this meant by losing OUR life, right to live our own lives and abandoning all possessions including
free will and to never go back to it again?

Is this what Jesus meant, that you cannot be His disciple unless one renounce ALL that he HAS?

Can one be under the complete Lordship of Christ, and still control his own life?
If we renounce ALL and submit to the Lordship of Christ, would this be what Paul spoke about.....
It is no longer i that live but Christ that lives in me.
The life i live now , I live by faith....
And if we live by faith, we indeed become obedient as Christ leads us.

We have to lose our life with all its rights and possessions, to gain His life.
Our old man, former life has to be crucified, dead and buried before we are raised to newness of life.

Deep down , do we really want to be Christ's disciples, or do we just come to the cross for forgiveness and
then just keep on living the way we are?

The good news is that Christ did not just come to forgive sins, but came that we might be free from SIN.
But in order to gain this freedom, this new life, WE have to die.

For the gate is narrow and the way is hard, that leads to life, and those who find it are few.

Oh , dear people to die is not easy at all, to give up total control of your life is the hardest we will ever
do in this realm, but yet it is the only way to have real life.

1 Peter 4, 1-2
Since therefore Christ suffered in the flesh, arm yourselves with the same thought, for whoever has suffered
in the flesh has ceased from sin,
so as to live for the rest of the time in the flesh no longer by human passions but by the will of God.

How did Christ suffer in the flesh? By His death on the cross.
How do we suffer , by our old man dying on the cross with Him.

As we suffer and die on the cross with Him, we cease from sin, as the old sinful man died,
and we are raised a new man, to newness of life, so that now we can live by the will of God.

A walk of faith and obedience. Living and walking in the Spirit.

Oh, Father , give us a desire to seek you with all that is within us,
to renounce All, to give up our free will, and to live by your will alone.
Bring us to the end of ourSELVES, and completely surrender to your rule in every area of
our lives, so that indeed we may have your everlasting life.

Praise your Holy Name.

May God bless you.
that is very challenging .

perhaps look at what a deciple is .. primarily ..it is a student .

to be a deciple one DOES renounce all to follow him .. otherwise we cannot call ourselves HIS disciples . he said so .
so it is so .
so whats the deal ?
are there ZERO disciples now ? -nope ..
because no master ,no teacher , asks of their student EVERYTHING this instant at the same time .
the very nature of the student is to LEARN TO BECOME .like the master
a deciple is not greater then his master but becomes like his master .

so along each step of the journey ,as he asks , re renounce ,everything he asks of us ,AS, he asks Not all in a single moment . and we abide in a constant state of doing so . just as we must abide in a constant state of repentance
a constant state of obedience .etc ..

Upvote 0

Freedom Now

Jun 26, 2016
Canada
✟15,948.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It still leaves me with what Jesus said.....

..whoever of you DOES not renounce All that he has cannot be My disciple. ..

No matter how often I read that, I cannot find that text saying......

Once you become His disciple, that is when you start renouncing over time all that you have...

Just can't twist that text to make it say that, sorry.

It plainly states...whoever DOES not renounce All that he has, cannot be My disciple. ..

All I see is, you have to renounce all that you have to be a disciple.....

No different than....

You have to be crucified, dead and buried with Him, before you are birthed into newness of life....

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Once you become His disciple, that is when you start renouncing over time all that you have...

It plainly states...whoever DOES not renounce All that he has, cannot be My disciple. ..

No different than....

You have to be crucified, dead and buried with Him, before you are birthed into newness of life....
slow down , no body ever twisted the text .. but as the lord reveals things to you that you need to renounce .. you renounce them .. and then you abide in that state.

i know what your saying and agree . dont worry . but 1 you cant renounce every thing at the same time in the same place .. if you had you would not be entering info on a key board .
and 2 .. i try to hold to a rule that i should not preach what i have not or am not yet practicing .

the lord has led me on a journey and that journey can be as short as our obedience is swift -and should be .
So in the days hence i hope to be going into full time gospel work having to live by faith for our means in God .

We have things we need .. what to wear what to eat where to sleep .. and God PROMISES these things to us when we seek his kingdom FIRST ..so as we renounce them,give them up .cast our trust fully upon him . he gives them back according to our need . the difference being , we no longer seek those things , but Gods kingdom .

the first thing as disciples that we need to renounce -is our Unbelief in the words of the lord Jesus
so many believers say with their mouths they believe in him.. but with their actions we do not :(

Upvote 0

newsboys23

Jul 26, 2021
iowa
✟7,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

No different than....

Have you every tried this? It is very hard and i did try this recently but gave myself away out to easily but now I am recooping and in regret but would like to try again i so badly want to be a disciple. thought maybe someone can relate to my story. maybe you have some encouraging info for me or know of someone that broke threw to the discipleship statue. There are tons of verses on the criteria of being a disciple but the one that is my go to is luke 14:26-end (so far any version says it) . If the bible says it i believe the way it says it. You seem to believe the same way. Everyone around me seems to have ears that dont hear or eyes that dont see it.

Upvote 0