Is the Old Testament relevant to the modern-day Christian?

Dan2255

Nov 1, 2023
Toledo
✟11,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
believing Christ rose from the dead is the new test, it is belief in the heart unto righteousness, it is the receiving of the Holy Spirit, which is Christ in you, Himself the Spirit of Christ you are joined one with, instructing you in the mind of Christ of all things. the old test, has not a lot on its own, all of what the new test has and needs to be, to fulfill all things, is missing in the old test, who is also the old man, the new man is renewed in the knowledge of Christ.
I agree but you still have the Old Testament in Revelation not yet fulfilled that has been written in th Old Testament.
Some today view the Old Testament is fulfilled but it hasn’t yet.

Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I agree but you still have the Old Testament in Revelation not yet fulfilled that has been written in th Old Testament.
Some today view the Old Testament is fulfilled but it hasn’t yet.
the scriptures testify of Jesus, Jesus fulfilled all things of Him.

John 5:39Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

Matthew 26:56But all this was done, that the scriptures of the prophets might be fulfilled. Then all the disciples forsook him, and fled.

John 19:28After this, Jesus knowing that all things were now accomplished, that the scripture might be fulfilled, saith, I thirst.

revelations is hard to be understood, by people who wrest these things unto their own destruction.

2 Peter 3:16As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
belief in Christ risen is being saved from deception and death, Jesus has gotten us the victory, revelation shows what we already know of the antichrists, to gather the world away from belief in the risen Lord, they are seen, declared, revealed for their foolishness.

1 Corinthians 15:57But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

1 John 2:18Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

1 John 5:4For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

Revelation 12:9And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

Revelation 15:2And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled with fire: and them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, and over the number of his name, stand on the sea of glass, having the harps of God.

Upvote 0

Dan2255

Nov 1, 2023
Toledo
✟11,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
belief in Christ risen is being saved from deception and death, Jesus has gotten us the victory, revelation shows what we already know of the antichrists, to gather the world away from belief in the risen Lord, they are seen, declared, revealed for their foolishness.

1 Corinthians 15:57But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

1 John 2:18Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

1 John 5:4For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

Revelation 12:9And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

Revelation 15:2And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled with fire: and them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, and over the number of his name, stand on the sea of glass, having the harps of God.
But yet these events in Revelation are future not yet fulfilled. These scriptures can be found in the old. By the why the term old and new were put in place by the early church members by separating the two lead the people the Old Testament doesn’t need to be read. And yet Jesus encourages those to read Daniel in Matthew 24. My point is the old is the new fulfilled and in Revelation is the old not yet fulfilled.

Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
many false prophets and teachers, do not teach Christ crucified, who gave the words which are fulfilled and save us by belief in Christ overcoming/fulfilling all things which save us, the many false ones just bring in heresies, nothing more,than denying Christ, as it is the only thing many antichrists can do.

John 20:31But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

2 Peter 2:1But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

1 John 4:2Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

1 John 4:3And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

2 John 1:7For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

Upvote 0

Dan2255

Nov 1, 2023
Toledo
✟11,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
many false prophets and teachers, do not teach Christ crucified, who gave the words which are fulfilled and save us by belief in Christ overcoming/fulfilling all things which save us, the many false ones just bring in heresies, nothing more,than denying Christ, as it is the only thing many antichrists can do.

John 20:31But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

2 Peter 2:1But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

1 John 4:2Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

1 John 4:3And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

2 John 1:7For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.
Antichrist are those who reject Christ or are against him. The deceivers are those of Satan who has been transformed saying they know the truth but yet they’re full of deception. We have those among us who teach in error.

Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But yet these events in Revelation are future not yet fulfilled. These scriptures can be found in the old. By the why the term old and new were put in place by the early church members by separating the two lead the people the Old Testament doesn’t need to be read. And yet Jesus encourages those to read Daniel in Matthew 24. My point is the old is the new fulfilled and in Revelation is the old not yet fulfilled.
my point is the antichrists instruct many against believing in Christ rising from the dead, by heresies instead.

revelation according to you needs to be watched, accordi ng to me, is to know the time of Christ is to not be deceived by the many antichrists, but to keep our focus watching only for our Lord Jesus Christ, and nothing else.

Luke 21:26Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.

Mark 13:33 Take ye heed, watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is.
34 For the Son of Man is as a man taking a far journey, who left his house, and gave authority to his servants, and to every man his work, and commanded the porter to watch.
35 Watch ye therefore: for ye know not when the master of the house cometh, at even, or at midnight, or at the cockcrowing, or in the morning:
36 Lest coming suddenly he find you sleeping.
37 And what I say unto you I say unto all, Watch.

2 Corinthians 4:18While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

Reactions: Dan2255
Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Antichrist are those who reject Christ or are against him. The deceivers are those of Satan who has been transformed saying they know the truth but yet they’re full of deception. We have those among us who teach in error.
antichrists are against the cross of Christ, as that alone is what saves, antichrists promote all else that saves nobody.

Romans 16:17 Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.
18 For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.

1 Corinthians 1:23But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;

1 Corinthians 2:2For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.

Upvote 0

Dan2255

Nov 1, 2023
Toledo
✟11,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
antichrists are against the cross of Christ, as that alone is what saves, antichrists promote all else that saves nobody.

Romans 16:17 Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.
18 For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.

1 Corinthians 1:23But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;

1 Corinthians 2:2For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.
1 John 2
22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son. 23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.
24 Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father. 25 And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life.
1John 4
3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums