Visit site
✟1,357,385.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
“No one after lighting a lamp puts it in a cellar or under a basket, but on a stand, so that those who enter may see the light. Your eye is the lamp of your body. When your eye is healthy, your whole body is full of light, but when it is bad, your body is full of darkness. Therefore be careful lest the light in you be darkness. If then your whole body is full of light, having no part dark, it will be wholly bright, as when a lamp with its rays gives you light.” (Luke 11:33-36 ESV)

The light being spoken of here is Jesus Christ/God, and it is the light of truth and righteousness, the words of God, his gospel. It is the life manual for all of us who are followers of Jesus Christ. This is what we are to live by, but with regard to what agrees with the New Covenant. In other words, we are not under the Old Covenant liturgical, ceremonial, sacrificial, purification and dietary laws and restrictions that the people of God of old had to follow. And we need to always apply the Scriptures in their context. This is critical!

[Matthew 4:12-17; Matthew 5:14-16; Matthew 6:22-23; John 1:1-9,19-21; John 8:12; John 9:5; John 12:35-36,46; Acts 26:18]

And the message of the gospel is not what is being popularized today. We don’t get to just pray a prayer to receive Christ and now all our sins are forgiven and heaven is guaranteed us when we die, but regardless of how we live. For Jesus died that we might die to sin and live to righteousness, and live for him and no longer for self. He died to free us from our slavery (addiction) to sin so that we can now live holy lives in obedience to his commands and no longer under the control of sin.

[1 Peter 2:24; 2 Corinthians 5:15; 1 Corinthians 6:19-20; Romans 6:1-23]

And this is not optional, either. We don’t get to choose whether or not to obey the Lord Jesus if we want to have salvation from sin and eternal life with God. For the faith that is required for our salvation comes from God, it is authored and perfected by Jesus Christ, it is persuaded of God, and it is gifted to us by God. And it is not of our own doing – not of the will nor of the flesh of man. So we don’t get to decide what that faith looks like. God does! And his word does, especially his gospel message.

[Hebrews 12:1-2; John 1:12-13; John 6:44; Ephesians 2:8-10]

Sadly, not many people these days, at least here in America, are teaching what the Scriptures teach regarding our salvation from sin and eternal life with God. And so we have many professers of faith in Jesus Christ who, instead of receiving the light into their lives, and instead of applying the light to their lives, are covering up the light with all sorts of garbage of this sinful world to where the light can no longer get through. So, instead of the light getting through, darkness is what they are taking in, instead.

For these are people who prefer the darkness to the light and who will not come into the light because their deeds are evil. For they are the self-indulgent, the hypocritical, liars, adulterers, and the sexually immoral, etc., who are intoxicated to sin. And they are worldly people who are captivated by the world and by other worldly people and their way of thinking, and so they are easily persuaded by what the world has to offer. And so they flitter from one thing to the next, while continuing to block out the light.

But some of the darkness that they are taking into their minds daily is disguised as light, but it isn’t the light. It is a lie! But it sounds good and it feels good and it frees them from any feelings of guilt over their sinful lifestyles and so they accept the darkness as light while they end up rejecting the light as though it is darkness. Thus, the altar they pray at is not the spiritual altar of God, but it is a man-made altar to be enjoyed by the masses who make outward professions of faith in Jesus Christ.

So, please make sure that what you are receiving as “the light” is the true light and not darkness disguised as light. And the only way you are going to know what that light is will be through the study of the Scriptures, in their context, as led by the Holy Spirit, and/or by the Holy Spirit living within you (if you are somewhere where you don’t have access to a Bible). But if you are on the internet, you should have access to the Scriptures, especially if you can read what I am writing now. But read them in context, please!

For Jesus Christ said, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. For whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will save it. For what does it profit a man if he gains the whole world and loses or forfeits himself? For whoever is ashamed of me and of my words, of him will the Son of Man be ashamed when he comes in his glory and the glory of the Father and of the holy angels.” (Luke 9:23-26)

[Also: Matt 7:21-23; Jn 6:35-58; Jn 15:1-11; Rom 1:18-32; Rom 2:6-8; Rom 6:1-23; Rom 8:1-14; 1 Co 6:9-10,19-20; 2 Co 5:10,15,21; Gal 5:16-21; Gal 6:7-8; Eph 2:8-10; Eph 4:17-24; Eph 5:3-6; Col 1:21-23; Col 3:1-11; Titus 2:11-14; 1 Jn 1:5-10; 1 Jn 2:3-6; 1 Jn 3:4-10; Heb 10:23-31; 1 Co 10:1-22; Heb 3:1-19; Heb 4:1-13; Rev 21:8,27; Rev 22:14-15]

As the Deer

By Martin J. Nystrom
Based off Psalm 42:1

As the deer panteth for the water
So my soul longeth after You
You alone are my heart's desire
And I long to worship You

You alone are my strength, my shield
To You alone may my spirit yield
You alone are my heart's desire
And I long to worship You

Caution: This link may contain ads