Is the Doctrine of Indulgences biblical and historical?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Athanasias

Jan 24, 2008
St. Louis
✟54,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I am offering to do a respectful prayerful ecumenical dialog on the reason why Catholics believe the doctrine of indulgences stem from and develop out of biblical and historical principles. It must be done with respect and no anti-Catholics. If you believe that the Catholic Church is a traditional Christian Church and Catholic are Christians ontologically but disagree with her on this theology or wandered why she teaches as she does then that is good and we can prayerfully dialog.

I am not going to address abuses with the doctrine which have been done but I will address the reasons for our faith in this doctrine. it will be a slow dialog with prayer and respect. There is alot to build on here from a Jewish and biblical view point.

If you meet the standards hit me up!

God bless you.

In Jesus through Mary,

Athanasias

TheyCallMeDave

At your service....
Jun 19, 2012
Northern Florida
✟11,541.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I am offering to do a respectful prayerful ecumenical dialog on the reason why Catholics believe the doctrine of indulgences stem from and develop out of biblical and historical principles. It must be done with respect and no anti-Catholics. If you believe that the Catholic Church is a traditional Christian Church and Catholic are Christians ontologically but disagree with her on this theology or wandered why she teaches as she does then that is good and we can prayerfully dialog.

I am not going to address abuses with the doctrine which have been done but I will address the reasons for our faith in this doctrine. it will be a slow dialog with prayer and respect. There is alot to build on here from a Jewish and biblical view point.

If you meet the standards hit me up!

God bless you.

In Jesus through Mary,

Athanasias

In other words, you don't want any refutations from your debate partner ?

Upvote 0

Athanasias

Jan 24, 2008
St. Louis
✟54,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
In other words, you don't want any refutations from your debate partner ?
Polite refutations and charitable disagreements done in prayer are fine. Insults to ones theology or Church or slander is not. Great examples of good dialog are found in the brotherly ecumenical dialogs between myself a Catholic and Mark a Lutheran. See here:

http://www.christianforums.com/thre...es-of-faith-article-iv-justification.7829713/

Thats the difference between ecumenical dialog and debate.

Upvote 0

TheyCallMeDave

At your service....
Jun 19, 2012
Northern Florida
✟11,541.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Ill be your debate partner then. Ill treat you with respect but would be dissecting the particular catholic teaching to see how it stands up to scripture (which is what scripture itself tells us to do -- scripture is the court of arbitration to determine what is fallacious teaching from truth) . If accepted, please set up the formal guidelines of the debate with you going first.

Upvote 0

Athanasias

Jan 24, 2008
St. Louis
✟54,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Ill be your debate partner then. Ill treat you with respect but would be dissecting the particular catholic teaching to see how it stands up to scripture (which is what scripture itself tells us to do -- scripture is the court of arbitration to determine what is fallacious teaching from truth) . If accepted, please set up the formal guidelines of the debate with you going first.
sorry you don't meet the criteria. You know this as we have debated before.

"It must be done with respect and no anti-Catholics. If you believe that the Catholic Church is a traditional Christian Church and Catholic are Christians ontologically but disagree with her on this theology or wandered why she teaches as she does then that is good and we can prayerfully dialog."

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.