• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Is the average person's life really worth living?

desi

Aug 20, 2003
La Vista
✟4,540.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God had generations of Israelites languishing in slavery under Egyptian rule. We have little to fuss about in comparison. You can even choose to not work and live off the fat of the land, in America I know people who do it. Do what your heart desires while staying right with God. You have more choices than any other average person in history.

Upvote 0
I

InTheFlame

He came to bring us life in all its fullness...

Sometimes life does seem as though it's just one gigantic slog. But God can and will break through that with some willing participation. Living for God can be scary, but it's rarely dull... knowing that another challenge is probably less than an hour away and I can take it up or run away... that helps keep interest in life right up! Like... homeless guy begging on the street corner - will I stop and have a chat, maybe buy him a meal, or avert my eyes and keep walking? There's a girl staggering down the street looking as though she's dead drunk - do I check if she's OK or catch my bus? A coworker is looking down... do I ask how things are going or hassle them for the work I need from them?

Do I get involved in life or do I keep my distance?

Upvote 0
B

Bevlina

The3rdhero said:
all your childhood in school
all your adulthood in work
all your seniorhood trying to stay alive, strapped to oxygen tanks, taking pills to stop your ancles from dropping off and suffering with pains such as arthritis.

you dont get to experience life to the full, sure, you go on the occasional vacation but its only a dream! sooner or later you have to come back to reality!
What a depressing post!
When I was in High School I used to think the same! However, as life went by, I could see A LIFE. A life with happiness, babies and children. Love, peace and contentment. Yep! We all have our struggles, but, believe me I don't have to take pills to stop my ankles from dropping off! Instead, I have a life. A life where I can be free and happy and contented with no irritations.
You do sound as though you are depressed or unwell. Hang in there! There's always happiness around the corner!
Just think of those born blind, deaf and dumb.

Upvote 0

madison1101

Senior Veteran
Sep 17, 2004
Pennsylvania
✟5,939.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I recommend you read "The Purpose Driven Life." It is all about how God has a plan for you, and life is not all about us. It is about serving the living God.

I used to think like you do. Now, I am ministering to recovering alcoholics and addicts who are severely mentally ill. I also teach eight grade inner city kids. My life has great meaning.

Upvote 0

Mr.Cheese

Legend
Apr 14, 2002
✟21,948.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The3rdhero said:
all your childhood in school
all your adulthood in work
all your seniorhood trying to stay alive, strapped to oxygen tanks, taking pills to stop your ancles from dropping off and suffering with pains such as arthritis.

you dont get to experience life to the full, sure, you go on the occasional vacation but its only a dream! sooner or later you have to come back to reality!

It depends of if you choose to resolve yourself to such a lack of meaning.
"I have come that you may have life and have it abundantly."
-Jesus

Now go figure out what he meant.

Upvote 0

Glorianna

I'm a proud Canadian who married an American!
Mar 29, 2004
USA
✟30,938.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Life is definitely worth living! God has given us all the precious gift of life so that we can live to glorify Him! If you've got a vibrant faith, it's an incredible journey! Grow closer to your heavenly Father and you'll see what I mean! ;)

Upvote 0

Sipes13

Dec 3, 2004
✟15,387.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Life is good, you have to take pleasure in the small things and not think to far ahead, for an example: I got one of those febreeze scent stories things. Im sure you seen them at the store or on t.v, anyways i sit here and talk to my friends with that thing on,I enjoy it. A smile on a childs face, time with my family and friends. Life is worth living, Its not good to dwell on things you cant change. Poetry and writing is good.

Upvote 0