Is society evil?

Is society from God, or is society evil?

• Yes, society is from God.

• No, society is of the devil.

• It's a little of both.

• I'm unsure.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jsimms615

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2006
✟143,480.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm really unsure of how you are using the word "society". If you mean mankind then "Yes" it is evil. If you would the culture then maybe would be appropriate depending on what part of the culture your talking about. I wish you have been more specific on the poll.

Upvote 0

DiscipleDave

Mar 10, 2006
Midwest
Visit site
✟834.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is society from God, or is society of the devil?

Who is the God of this world ?

Is it God or is it satan ?

If you said God, you are wrong. It is written:

2Cor:4:4: In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

So we see that Scriptures teach that satan is the God of this World, and Scriptures are True.

In His Holy and Precious Name, Jesus Christ
DiscipleDave
^i^

Upvote 0

Selznak

No King But Jesus
Jul 6, 2003
Nevada
✟17,278.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I voted that I am unsure. Much of society is evil but part of society is also good.

It is the God ordained institution of the family that makes up "society". When our hearts drift from Him toward the false idol of the state "society" becomes corrupt.

Upvote 0

Neenie

Veteran
Dec 8, 2003
✟2,137.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Society is getting more corrupted after each generation. 100 years ago, promiscuous sex with anyone you want was unheard of... Today it is considered "normal". This is indeed satan.

I think society should have sexual freedom. Most Christians have sex before marriage anyway, so how can they judge society for sexual immorality? It is the height of absolute hypocrisy…

However, what I find to be a serious problem in today’s world is corporate greed.

Upvote 0

New_Wineskin

Contributor
Jun 26, 2004
Elizabethtown , PA , usa
✟13,854.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Society is getting more corrupted after each generation. 100 years ago, promiscuous sex with anyone you want was unheard of... Today it is considered "normal". This is indeed satan.

So , 100 years ago is the standard ?

It was unheard of because people kept it under wraps . It is just like child abuse - since parents were *allowed* to beat their children , it was considered to be normal and the business of the family - noone else's business . The "churches" knew about it and , of course , decided to speak against all sorts of other "sins" - still do . Why discuss child abuse that they know is possible in their groups ( or know for a fact exists in their group ) when they can discuss homosexuality that they are "positive" doesn't exist in their groups ?

The first legislation in the USA that limited ( not eliminated ) child labor was 1938 - something that over 100 years ago none existed . 100 years ago , slavery was prohibited slavery but blatant racism in jobs or housing or anything else was allowed . The "bible belt" had rampant racism and even went against the law to find ways of preventing blacks from voting .

In 1920 , less than 100 years , women were finally given the right to vote in the USA . So , they were *sort of* equal - a long way to go .

Today , it is considered "normal" to treat women as equals ( with christians , this is still a gray area ) and not to abuse children ( with christians - varies on how much abuse is acceptable ) and spousal abuse . 100 years ago , treating women and children and others as humans was *not* normal . But , they are the standard that christians consider the "good ole days" .

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

New_Wineskin

Contributor
Jun 26, 2004
Elizabethtown , PA , usa
✟13,854.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I think society should have sexual freedom. Most Christians have sex before marriage anyway, so how can they judge society for sexual immorality? It is the height of absolute hypocrisy…

Yep , well that is the code word for conservative christians . Newt Gingrich is a fine example . Conservative christians speak against sex with others ( opposite or same sex ) *during* marraige - only as long as they themselves are not included in the mandate .

Upvote 0

Keenan

Mar 5, 2007
Van
✟7,965.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
You seem to be missing a poll option, 'Society is neither good nor evil'. ;)

Society is but a function of human nature. We've needed it to survive ever since we made things harder on ourselves. (Gen. 3:18) It's simply the structure that allows us to depend on one another.

Societies were founded on strict religious laws. Now we've forgotten those fundamentals and in turn crime and perversion run rampant on our streets, in our homes and even schools.

I spent alota my teenage years running around the streets doing unchristian things and blaming society, but it's not society that's evil, it's the bi-product of a degrading society that is evil.

Now go hug your neighbour.. ^_^

Upvote 0

mommy68

Mar 11, 2007
✟7,724.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I've been taught ofcourse that God created the world but once Adam & Eve chose to sin the adversary took over the world. Now we live in an evil world and the god of this world is the devil. I truly believe this. Once you become born again (saved) you have the hope of everlasting life so you do what you can while living in this world but look towards the return. I try to always remember that there is good in the world but the majority of it is evil and it's only gotten worse since A & E's fall.

Upvote 0

JoeV

Gloria in excelsis Deo!
Jan 28, 2007
✟8,485.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Society encourages some truths and some things that aren't true. For example, American society encourages Christianity (which we all agree is the Truth). However, American society also encourages that women show cleavage, which I think we all agree is unbiblical.

Reactions: elsbeth
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Highland Watchman

Keeping watch from my ebony tower
Sep 24, 2004
Canada
Visit site
✟9,512.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
I say that society in and of itself was created good... but like all things, it became twisted and broken by the Fall.

Any great society was founded on strict moral principle, but as time goes on, the loyalty to that principle wavers, and it becomes more and more degraded, as we "progress" toward the brighter shade of rottenness. Is it the Liberals or the Conservatives who are to blame? Neither. Both are by-products of this society, and both ignore one evil (sometimes even championing it) while lambasting the other about the other one.

Upvote 0

MARK777

Defender of the Faith
Nov 24, 2006
UK
✟14,074.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
From what I understand from the scriptures so far is that Satans goal is to be like God, this is what caused the fall of Satan and the angelic race, when he said he will be like the most high, and of the human race through Adam when Eve was deceaved into eating the fruit with the temptation to be like God, this caused our seperation from God and as such evil came into existance in the human race.

Without God there are 2 ways we can function with regards to making decisions and actions etc, with a positive and negative outcome, positive being good and negative being bad, but there is a big difference between human good and devine good.

Human good in Gods eyes is like filthy garments, because he can see the heart of man, and we all make decisions that ultimately benefit self in one way or another, even good decisions, as in society today can be seen as evil in Gods eyes because of the motives behind the action, thats why we are told to walk by means of the spirit so we can produce devine good and bear fruits, fruit cant be produced from a dead tree and we are all dead in the flesh when we are born again and saved.

From what I see in society today is ever growing manifestations of Satans nature increasing throughout the world, nearly everyone wants to be a little God, be worshiped by someone, thinking they are great, people thinking they are better than others because of wealth, physicality, the way they look, and their social stature, rebelious in nature, rebelious music, anti-God TV and movies, people lying to get ahead, cursing people, accusing people, judging people, murdering with the tongue, gossip, slander, all kinds of evil actions etc are a result of the fall and being seperated from God.

On a personal side note I look at all of this as the perfect way to set people up for the ultimate deceiver, who is said will come will all tricks and will fool many people into thinking he is God, we are trained to worship idols now, pop idol, x factor, movie stars etc, would be the perfect enterance for the anti Christ.

Just thank God he has found a way to release us from this deception and bring us back to him.

May all the glory go to the one true God and our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0

ForumGuy

Nov 25, 2005
✟15,359.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Sadly yes. The bible states that Satan is god of this earth, and when he was tempting Jesus, he was able to offer him the world, which kind of implies ownership.
But I think their are good people to, and I think things will get better.
I believe in purgtory, but even assuming that, do you thik more people are going to hell? that seems sad :(

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.