Is Sarah Palin setting up for 2016 candidate?

GarfieldJL

Dec 10, 2012
✟26,292.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Indeed they have -- which is why they've gone 2-for-6 in the last quarter century in the White House...and look at their one success story in that time.

I think history will judge former President George W. Bush in a far better light than what liberals would like to believe.

As for the elections that Republicans lost:

George H.W. Bush - It was a 3 way race, and the third party candidate predominately stole votes from the Republican. Not to mention the fact he screwed up by letting the Democrats push him into raising taxes.

Bob Dole - Had very little charisma and was running against a very charismatic President.

John McCain - He primarily lost because he refused to go on offense.

Mitt Romney aka "Mr. Etch-a-Sketch" - probably just about the weakest candidate the Republicans could have gone with.

Upvote 0

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
She's just beyond pathetic.

Well, if I were in charge, they would know that waterboarding is how we baptize terrorists.”

Palin at NRA meeting: ‘Waterboarding is how we baptize terrorists’ | TheHill

The laughable part of it is that her own former running mate, John McCain - who has a little personal knowledge of prison camps - is vehemently opposed to torture. But she would know better wouldn't she, because ... well, I can't really think why she would.

Decided after reading this that I will pray that Sarah Palin never, ever is left "in charge" of anything more onerous than a shopping cart.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
George H.W. Bush - It was a 3 way race, and the third party candidate predominately stole votes from the Republican. Not to mention the fact he screwed up by letting the Democrats push him into raising taxes.

Mythology.
The myths that just won’t die - Salon.com

Perot said a lot of things that were right, but he was a terrible 3rd party candidate and I was continually astounded when I learned that people I knew - especially here in Texas - supported him. He drew about equally from both parties. We were in a recession and suffering from Reagan fatigue. Bubba's presidency worked out o.k. for the economy, but we'd probably have done just as well under Poppy. Perot's candidacy was less an effect than a measure of the pulse of the electorate.

John McCain - He primarily lost because he refused to go on offense.

Sen. McCain lost due to Bush fatigue, but the stake in the heart - to tie this back to the topic of the thread - was choosing 1/2 Gov. as his running mate. If he'd been nominated and elected in 2000, we'd be living in a very different and IMO better world.

Mitt Romney aka "Mr. Etch-a-Sketch" - probably just about the weakest candidate the Republicans could have gone with.

If you think that Perry, Gingrich, Trump, Bachmann, Cain or Santorum would have beaten write in Homer Simpson 2012, you're disconnected from reality.

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Caught Between Barack and a Hard Place
Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
She's just beyond pathetic.

Palin at NRA meeting: ‘Waterboarding is how we baptize terrorists’ | TheHill

The laughable part of it is that her own former running mate, John McCain - who has a little personal knowledge of prison camps - is vehemently opposed to torture. But she would know better wouldn't she, because ... well, I can't really think why she would.

Decided after reading this that I will pray that Sarah Palin never, ever is left "in charge" of anything more onerous than a shopping cart.
Now that's funny. :D:D:D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

A2SG

Gumby
Jun 17, 2008
Massachusetts
✟100,381.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
And the national debt would be tripling :wave:

Shhh!! That doesn't matter when a republican is in office! Only when a democrat is left to deal with it!

-- A2SG, Dick Cheney said so....

Upvote 0

GarfieldJL

Dec 10, 2012
✟26,292.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Shhh!! That doesn't matter when a republican is in office! Only when a democrat is left to deal with it!

-- A2SG, Dick Cheney said so....

Fact is that GDP was also going up during the Reagan years, and Reagan managed to end the Cold War by getting the Soviets to spend themselves to death.

Upvote 0

A2SG

Gumby
Jun 17, 2008
Massachusetts
✟100,381.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Fact is that GDP was also going up during the Reagan years, and Reagan managed to end the Cold War by getting the Soviets to spend themselves to death.

And no one in the GOP mentioned the debt. No one.

Now, with a democrat in office, it seems to come up all the time....

-- A2SG, funny how that works...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

While at the same time, almost doing the same thing to the US -- hence the spiraling national debt during the 80s. The Soviet economy collapsed before ours did, plain and simple.

Funny thing about playing "chicken" -- it's an idiotic game regardless of whether you win or lose.

Upvote 0

Sistrin

We are such stuff as dreams are made on...
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
Location Location Location
✟197,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
''Perhaps so.''
~Sarah Palin, asked if America may need to go to war with Russia because of the Georgia crisis, ABC News interview, September 11, 2008

File under "things liberals should have learned on the grade school playground had they been paying attention." You never openly broadcast to an enemy, real or potential, what you are not going to do. An enemy must believe any response is a potential option.

I can't say I love Sarah. I neither love or hate the women. I do think she is physically attractive, but when she opens her mouth that attraction tends to lessen for me.

Then how on earth can you ever listen to Hillary Clinton, or Nancy Pelosi, or Debbie blabbermouth Schultz? Does their physically un-attractive nature obfuscate the lies and bs which pour out when they open their mouths?

Slobbering? Great argument!

It suffers the virtue of being accurate.

Or you actually believe the propaganda you parrot is true, even when it's been shown over and over to be crap.

And what did I cite which has been proven to be crap? I will break the list down for you to make it easier for you to pick one.

Obama: The Obama worship has been well documented from prior to the 2008 election. And he actually made the Corpse-man comment.

Biden: Actually said "Stand Up Chuck!" to a guy in a wheelchair.

Sharpton: Tawana Brawley, the Duke Lacrosse Players, FARK, caught on video tape during an FBI sting operation discussing laundering drug money with a known felon.

Weiner: Are you actually trying to defend him? What, he was framed by the Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy?

Spitzer: Emperors Club VIP

Frank/Dodd: Fannie Mea/Freddie Mac

Frank: Boystown

Reid: Jack Abramoff, Coyote Springs, amnesty, Chinagate

Pelosi: actually made the 500 million Americans will lose their jobs each month comment. Look it up.

Hillary Clinton: In response to questions concerning the deaths of four Americans in Benghazi threw her hands in the air and said "what difference does it make?" Has been a sycophant for Bill ever since she married him.

Bill Clinton: Monica Lewinsky. But I know, the lies he told under oath were only about sex so they weren't really lies.

The IRS: It has been shown on numerous occasions they did intentionally target conservative groups prior to the 2012 election.

Yeah, what she actually said was:

Which only proves my point. That is what she said. The left continues to focus on what she didn't say, on a line from an SNL skit. Ergo:

"I can see Russia from my house" is just shorter and pithier than that mess of a word salad.

No. Your comment is another in an incredibly long list of weak partisan justifications for dishonestly attempting to link a comment Palin never made to her. And you guys will never let it go, because a good lie should never be wasted.

You're living in a glass house, Sistrin.

You should look into why she left her position early. Of course, that would require honesty, so I won't hold my breath.

Charming choice of words.

They suffer the virtue of being accurate.

No, criticizing a particular woman for stuff that is particular to her is not "waging a war on women", not even close.

Did you even bother to read the comments I was responding to?

I doubt any feminists have admitted any such thing, let alone many.

I suppose one difference between me and you is I am actually willing to look around the web for sources to back up my claims.

Why Feminists Hate Sarah Palin - WSJ.com

PJ Media » Why Feminists Hate Sarah Palin: It’s Academic

Why Some Feminists Hate Gov. Sarah Palin | Fox News

This one you will have to go to youtube and search for yourself:

10 Reasons Why Feminists Hate Palin by Doug Giles

I don't know that feminists actually respect her enough to hate her - I know this one doesn't.

You actually believe one depends on the other? Please. Feminist hate Sarah Palin, as stated largely because she is the prom queen made good and she doesn't adhere to feminist philosophies. She became successful without their help and without having to play the man hating victim card.

Reactions: NightHawkeye
Upvote 0

Sistrin

We are such stuff as dreams are made on...
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
Location Location Location
✟197,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm glad to see you expanding your range beyond tu quoque and into straw men, but it still has to be pointed out. No where in hecatomb's post is it insinuated, alluded to or suggested that hosting a reality TV show or winning a beauty contest was a crime.

LTR. Or better yet learn to debate. My point was not dependent on him making such a claim.

I happen to have a bit of experience in dealing with Islamic fundamentalist. They deserve little sympathy or accommodation for their expressed desire to kill everyone who doesn't adhere to their religious philosophy. But I also understand the left at large has far more sympathy for a Muslim who arms himself and strives to kill US servicemen or whomever happens to be standing around at the time than they do for a Christian who peacefully voices opposition to an Obama policy.

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing. Given the current wimp in the White House, we could use someone with a bit of backbone.

Reactions: NightHawkeye
Upvote 0
S

Savior2006

But I also understand the left at large has far more sympathy for a Muslim who arms himself and strives to kill US servicemen or whomever happens to be standing around at the time than they do for a Christian who peacefully voices opposition to an Obama policy.

A good lie should never be wasted indeed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0