Is physical life really as precious as some claim?

OliverC

happy
Oct 4, 2012
✟8,140.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Hi
I think it is a great question. My understanding is that God looked at His creation and concluded that it was good (Genesis). Spirit exists in the physical creation and beyond it. So it is spirit which could be regarded as something even better than flesh. It is my experience that as we grow we come to recognise that value. The body is subject to change whereas spirit continues. The body is still important and pertains to God's greatness in His creation. The body is a temple of the spirit which is why we must care, preserve and appreciate it.

Upvote 0

pyramid33

Mar 21, 2014
✟3,478.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi
I think it is a great question. My understanding is that God looked at His creation and concluded that it was good (Genesis). Spirit exists in the physical creation and beyond it. So it is spirit which could be regarded as something even better than flesh. It is my experience that as we grow we come to recognise that value. The body is subject to change whereas spirit continues. The body is still important and pertains to God's greatness in His creation. The body is a temple of the spirit which is why we must care, preserve and appreciate it.

So you agree that a still born baby is important to God?

I noticed you've mentioned genesis, and that all thing's are good. Do you understand that all thing's are good where sinner's don't exist? Satan being that first sinner?

Upvote 0

OliverC

happy
Oct 4, 2012
✟8,140.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
So you agree that a still born baby is important to God?

I noticed you've mentioned genesis, and that all thing's are good. Do you understand that all thing's are good where sinner's don't exist? Satan being that first sinner?

Hi
I cannot speak for God but my perception based on my current understanding of Scripture and life is that all creation is important.

Sin and satan followed creation. In other words sin and satan are subject to God and not beyond Him. I think your point is that good cannot exists where sin or satan arise?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ebia

Senior Contributor
Jul 6, 2004
A very long way away. Sometimes even further.
✟54,775.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
pyramid33 said:
Some say that life is the most precious thing ever. I'm almost sure you have heard it somewhere. Is the physical life, that eventually die's, really that important to God?
Yes. That's why the Christian hope is for physical resurrection into this physical world restored and redeemed, NOT a non-physical afterlife somewhere else.

Upvote 0
Sep 4, 2011
✟10,276.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
I like the question, it reminds me of movies where a hundred people are trampled in order to save the protagonist. The intent to protect life was there, but it wasn't fully considerate.

We all die within our limited time, and there are many generations and region where life spans are very short. And many people are so depressed that they would like to die. It's not so much preserving and extending every life, but valuing life -- as they say, "protecting the sanctity of life."

If society loses that, then legislation begins to narrow our control over living: euthanasia, abortion when disabilities are likely, executing before fair trials, genocide. Eventually slave trade and objectification of humans -- which we already know are prevalent throughout the world.

The life of the soul -- that is even more worth protecting. What does it benefit to save one's life but lose their own soul. We often crush other people emotionally, and then not feel guilty enough to repair the damage we've done.

Jesus sent His followers out into other towns to heal and restore, set people free from whatever oppressed them. A person can be healed of a leg injury and die of a heart attack the next day, but the hope and kindness they gained from the healing was worthwhile.

Upvote 0

pyramid33

Mar 21, 2014
✟3,478.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I agree that this isn't a debate. It is however, just to get a scope of different people's perspective's concerning the physical life. We have been shown many instance's where we love a person and perhaps they have died or been afflicted with a problem. No fault of our own, God willing.

If God is able to let die at such a young age, the crucifixion of Christ, for example, perhaps that is proof that we are aware that the current physical body die's, but that isn't even nearly as important as the one He has for us. Such as a child dying young, Christ being killed is allowed, the apostles dying at other men's hands and yet God allows it. Surely He knows that the physical life is only temporary and a much better place exist's.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
B

boogalaboogala

Some say that life is the most precious thing ever. I'm almost sure you have heard it somewhere.

Is the physical life, that eventually die's, really that important to God? Of course it is in many regard's. Though I can't stop thinking that there is something even better.

i think that it is more about God, than us.. i mean, He created us for His pleasure..
we tend to think about ourselves only.. or atleast first and foremost..
this salvation thing.. it's to neat and tidy.. i mean even the angels long to look into the matters of man's salvation..
if it were just some simple relationship.. then why does the bible say this about the angels.. they have a relationship with God.. they see Him daily.. yet they long to look into these matters, that have to with man's relationship with God.. again, their salvation...
i think the Lord living in a man, along with that man is something that is far greater than anything created can imagine.. infact it is only as we walk with Him, that he reveals little snippets that we can manage with His guidance, and wisdom.. we talk like we have His wisdom.. when what we really have is the Lord and His wisdom at work in us.. we don't actually have anything..
we tend to forget that we really are only empty caskets, without Him..
yes, i agree that the afterlife is going to be wonderful beyond human comprehension.. but, for the time being, we are living beyond an angels comprehension.. and i mean not only those of us that are sealed in the Lord.. but, even the lost.. God's holy ones can not even fathom what it would be to rebel against the Creator.. or experience His tender loving mercy.. the grace that we never give a second thought to..
as wicked as this may sound for me to say what i am about to say.... i believe i am not being wicked in saying it.. so here goes.. i believe that we are the closest thing to God as there has ever been, or will ever be.. what i mean by this is we are called god's, with a small "g" in scripture.. we have been created by Him, in His image.. we have not only seen the same good and evil that God's holy ones have seen.. but, we have taken both paths.. we have lived it.. the angels know what good and evil look like.. but we have tasted it.. we being evil are now righteous, thru Christ.. i mean, the angels know righteousness.. but, we will one day know both completely.. and we know what it is to conquer sin thru Christ.. we share that intimacy with the Creator..
we will be exactly like Christ. except of course we will not be God..
God has done everything there is to do to make man like Christ, by the time we are with Him in Heaven..
i mean, when we walk the streets of the new jerusalem, we are the unblemished bride of the Son of God..we will have known what it is to sin in the past because we did sin.., and our Groom will know sin, as intimately as us because he endured the sufferings of those sins that we commited.. so, we both know and share in the full impact of those sins.. a partnership, that began while Christ was in the world and we were not.. and we were sealed in God thru the Holy Spirit, when we were in the world and Christ is not..
i mean this is the courting stage in the relationship.. every time we are fellowshipping with another christian. we are literally spending time with the Lord.. not just spiritually.. but, physically.. i mean, the Holy Spirit feels our mortal bodies just the same as we do.. we are spirit right? well, so is He.. when i take a step in the wrong direction.. He feels it.. when i have the flu. He shares in that suffering, by actually feeling it as i feel it..
i mean there is alot of layers to this life.. we as mere christians don't begin to grasp even the top layer.. and as we grow in our relationship with the Lord. we will see the deeper into those layers.. we will understand all of this when we do look Christ in the face.. we won't be surprised by his appearance, nor will we be nervous, or afraid.. because we have spent countless hours looking Him in the face when we are fellowshipping with other christians.. i believe it will be like coming home to a loved one.. i mean once we are in His arms we are going to feel so secure..
wow, this could on and on.. but, it is to deep for the likes of me.. i can see what i am saying.. but, honestly, i do not fully grasp its depth..
blessings, and thank you for a wonderful post, that has helped me to stretch my thoughts around an idea of how magnificent the eternal plan was, and is and will always be, right up until eternity.. again, something i cannot even begin to grasp.. who other than God, right?

Upvote 0