Is masturbation for health reasons a sin???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unix

Hebr incl Sirach&epigraph, Hermeneut,Ptolemy,Samar
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2003
ECC,Torah:ModeCommenta,OTL,AY BC&RL,Seow a ICC Job
Visit site
✟139,217.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
It's not OK if Your spouse unexplainably doesn't want to have sex - because it's far better to just divorce then. I speak from experience. Actually the final reason why I divorced was that she stopped buying and/or cooking food and lodged at my parents house a few weeks while there was a bus-strike at my place and she attended a conference in a Word-of-Faith congregation (but she's just a nominal Christian who lies that she's Christian) (and she was older than me so the explanation is definately not that she wouldn't have been an adult). Yeah plus the relation was rarely good and when I had divorced it was easy for me to meet a new woman (whom I'm still with and we love each other and are happy, though it has prooven tricky to talk her into having a son with me - I'm a better person now than ever so that's not the reason, she's just unsure about her capacity, but I've promised to take care of the child, my home, and her).
Though I'm not pro-fantasy.
Since the pro-touching yourself and pro-fantasy brethren insist that this activity is not contrary to love,
Is it ok to do if your spouse is not wanting to have sex? So long as you are thinking of her.

Upvote 0

Hupomone10

Veteran
Mar 21, 2010
Here
✟12,471.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
It's not OK if Your spouse unexplainably doesn't want to have sex - because it's far better to just divorce then. I speak from experience. Actually the final reason why I divorced was that she stopped buying and/or cooking food and lodged at my parents house a few weeks while there was a bus-strike at my place and she attended a conference in a Word-of-Faith congregation (but she's just a nominal Christian who lies that she's Christian) (and she was older than me so the explanation is definately not that she wouldn't have been an adult). Yeah plus the relation was rarely good and when I had divorced it was easy for me to meet a new woman (whom I'm still with and we love each other and are happy, though it has prooven tricky to talk her into having a son with me - I'm a better person now than ever so that's not the reason, she's just unsure about her capacity, but I've promised to take care of the child, my home, and her).
Though I'm not pro-fantasy.
My heart goes out to you more than you know. Although many will react to your statement that it is better to divorce than put up with a wife who won't have sex, I chose drink instead of divorce in a similar situation, and it led to alcoholism in me and guess what? divorce by her. Not advocating divorce, but understanding the situation, and sharing that our inner answers to life's problems often aren't right either.

God bless,
H.

now with 5 yrs without a drop of alcohol, remarried, and no problems in the sexual area.

Upvote 0

LovingJesus4Life

Oct 10, 2012
✟15,217.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Since the pro-touching yourself and pro-fantasy brethren
Whoa!!! Now you are equating those of us who argue that that act of masturbation is not necessarily sinful, with being pro-fantasy???

Clearly you are not here to have a meaningful or objective discussion, so I'll leave you to beat your strawman. (pun intended)

Upvote 0
B

Basil the Great

You are arguing and being insulting to try to defend an erroneous doctrine taught by your church that is not taught by the Bible. I've stated my case and won't discuss it with you any longer since you choose to accept your church's teaching rather than the truth. I encourage you to find a priest who knows the truth.

I am not a Catholic and I disagree with the Catholic Church in terms of some of the sins that they define as mortal sins. However, I also disagree with the bulk of Protestantism when it says that all sins are the same before God. Such a view makes no sense. Why did God give to Moses the Ten Commandments in stone, if said commandments are not of great importance? Why did Jesus quote some of the Ten Commandments, if he was not placing an emphasis upon them?

Upvote 0

Hupomone10

Veteran
Mar 21, 2010
Here
✟12,471.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Whoa!!! Now you are equating those of us who argue that that act of masturbation is not necessarily sinful, with being pro-fantasy???
No I'm not. Don't be presumptuous. Only if the shoe fits. And it does on some; if it doesn't with you, then don't get huffy please.

Blessings,
H.

Upvote 0

Hammster

The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,732,266.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
MOD HAT ON

This thread has gone through a clean up. Some good posts had to be deleted along with the bad. Sorry.

Also, this is a Baptist forum. This means only Baptists may debate an teach here.

Thanks.

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Matthias2099

White Lantern
Oct 29, 2012
New Mexico
Visit site
✟7,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Lust is always a sin. Masturbation when done with lust is always a sin. Masturbation free of lust (very rare, at least for males) is a grey area, Biblically.

I think this kind of stuff comes down to your personal convictions. If you believe it is a sin for you, then you shouldn't do it. If you don't believe it is a sin for you, then don't sweat it.

Ultimately, we are all imperfect beings just doing our best to figure life out. God isn't going to void your salvation if you touch. If that were true, Heaven would be pretty empty.

Upvote 0

ECBBLMSTR

Jan 12, 2012
✟7,817.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I did answer them. It's called 'question begging' to ASSUME the point up for debate. Our point up for debate is whether or not the act of masturbating is sexual immorality, so for you to quote a verse which says not to be sexually immoral while ASSUMING that it supports your view is fallacious.....

Michael seems to equate the "flesh" with "the body" or pleasures of the body, whereas the word "flesh" is best understood to mean "sinful nature". The only way then to know what "desires of the flesh" means is to know what is sinful and what is not. Leviticus 18 is the best way I know to discern what is sexually sinful and what is not. In my opinion, anyone adding to this list is trying to take God's place and put their sexual rules above His.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ECBBLMSTR

Jan 12, 2012
✟7,817.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I can safely say that I have masturbated without any sexual thoughts, therefore no lust was involved. So was it a sin? I don't know, but I didn't feel great afterwards.

People have assumed that since they had a down feeling afterwards that this was God's way of scolding them; not at all true. First of all, [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] is a great natural high and when one comes down from a high it doesn't feel good. Second, we actually want a partner and don't have one, so we feel bad. Third, we may have rashly promised ourselves or God to not do it again and have "failed". Fourth, one's heart rate, blood pressure, breathing levels are returning to normal. Lastly, the hormonal activity of masturbation has been designed apparently to make us feel a lack of satisfaction so as to lead us to seek real sex; specifically, prolactin which is normally released to balance out the dopamine of sexual arousal is only present in 25% the amount as experienced during vaginal sex. This is interesting in that males will often touch more than one time in a session, but may only have sex with one [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse], then fall asleep. Info on prolactin study: http://www.reuniting.info/download/pdf/Brody-2006-prolactin-bp.pdf

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Michaelismyname

Jun 11, 2012
✟1,230.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
the thread topic ..is a question - i have answered the question in honesty ans with consistency . i dont fly a baptist flag as an icon- . in real life i attend a baptist church.<staff edit>

but let us leave it up to a mater of conscience - if your conscience does not condemn you then to you it is not a sin .. but .the heart of man is -"deceitful above all things and desperately wicked"- which probably means most people will lie about it when it comes to being honest in regard to their conscience .
on this christian forum they demand the right to have differences - then they ban people for airing those differences .. in the world they will put us to death -they have been doing so for 2000 years .... oh but you say" it does not happen any more" .. but that is because you have never lived the gospel .

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Michaelismyname

Jun 11, 2012
✟1,230.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Lust is always a sin. Masturbation when done with lust is always a sin. Masturbation free of lust (very rare, at least for males) is a grey area, Biblically.

I think this kind of stuff comes down to your personal convictions. If you believe it is a sin for you, then you shouldn't do it. If you don't believe it is a sin for you, then don't sweat it.

Ultimately, we are all imperfect beings just doing our best to figure life out. God isn't going to void your salvation if you touch. If that were true, Heaven would be pretty empty.

just wish it noted that i have never disagreed with this sentiment .i just think we should not use such sentiment to excuse ourselves but rather aspire to be greater then the flesh from which we have been set free

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,756,744.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
MOD HAT

This thread is closed. As a reminder, the site rules include this:

Congregational Forum Restrictions, Christian Only Forums, and Off-Topic posts
Do not teach or debate in any Congregational Forum unless you are truly a member and share its core beliefs and teachings. Questions and fellowship are allowed, proselytizing is not.

Do not post in the forums reserved for Christians only, unless you are truly a Nicene Creed, Trinitarian Christian (please see our Statement of Faith to know exactly what that is). If you wish to discuss unorthodox doctrines, you may do so in Unorthodox Theology.

Respect and become familiar with each forum's Statement of Purpose. Start threads that are relevant to that forum's stated purpose; submit replies that are relevant to the topic of discussion. Off Topic posts will be moved or removed.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.